No benefit to upgrading ultimate skill to level 2?

asterelle
asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
I was lucky enough to get the level 1 archer ultimate "Blackwing Arrow" before my homestead crashed which allows me to also see the level 2 version.

Level 1 7Ihi4ul.png Level 2 65Bspur.png

They're identical? Do other classes have this issue?
I was confused about the benefit to the level 2 versions before when looking at the PWCN client and am still confused.
​​

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited April 2016
    That's odd. It's definitely gotta be a text error. I checked the one for Psychic and the time for increased Magic Attack goes from 8 seconds to 16 seconds when leveling it up so no issues there.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    The Cleric skill is even stranger....

Level 1
    xlj1z7K.png

Level 2
    VooIgtz.png​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    For Dark Maelstrom sb skill it increase the duration from 10 seconds at lvl 1 to 20 seconds at lvl 2.
    giphy.gif

• sunshine859
    sunshine859 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Sylen, I noticed that with the barb upgrade of Bestial Rage (more damage than sage/demon bestial rage - but it's a skill that doesn't damage on sage--not sure about demon).
    Sounds like there's a lot of text errors on this update. Fun times for future patches!
    Jaceraie
    Celestial Sage Mystic
    Tideswell. #AlwaysEastCoast
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User

Sylen, I noticed that with the barb upgrade of Bestial Rage (more damage than sage/demon bestial rage - but it's a skill that doesn't damage on sage--not sure about demon).
    Sounds like there's a lot of text errors on this update. Fun times for future patches!

On a similar note, the upgrades for archer Leap Left and Leap Right (in addition to being named improperly -- the books are called Left/Right Wing String for some reason) claim they are "more damaging," but leaps don't do any damage.
  • ellany
    ellany Posts: 35 Arc User
    they do if you fall and twist your ankle
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Anybody know what the seeker lv 2 ultimate skill upgrades do I cannot even enter my house to even take a look
    Vae Victis.
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    you don't even need to enter your house to see the skills go to the trainer in West Arch to look at them.
  • weapon762
    Yeah but seeker says same thing it's more damaging the second level like cleric skill but nothing beyond that
    Vae Victis.
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    I have a problem with the Mystic's Ulti skill, i just got it today and i wanted to test it out. After it died it didn't do the 300% aoe wood damage...........

• weapon762
    Maybe it's only to players?
    Vae Victis.
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    weapon762 said:

Maybe it's only to players?

I was practicing with someone and 3 times i used the Ulti, he said it didn't do the aoe wood damage.

• lolzcatz
    lolzcatz Posts: 28 Arc User
    Did he kill the summon before it despawned? It only does the aoe if it get killed not if it despawns.
  • hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    @asterelle its just a text issue, all of the Level 2 offensive Ultimates deal more damage and the effects are stronger.

• sheriebaker
    sheriebaker Posts: 2 Arc User
    Blackwing Arrow Level 1 doesnt work on my archer. Anyone else having trouble? Says invalid Skill. ;-(
  • sheriebaker
    sheriebaker Posts: 2 Arc User

Blackwing Arrow Level 1 doesnt work on my archer. Anyone else having trouble? Says invalid Skill. ;-(

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

Do you have Subsiding dirt in your bag when you try to use the skill?
    giphy.gif

• silvasunrise
    silvasunrise Posts: 24 Arc User

The Cleric skill is even stranger....

Level 1

xlj1z7K.png

Level 2

VooIgtz.png​​

Master of Shadows Level 2 says it "does more damage" too, even though the sin ulti isn't a skill that deals any damage.

It's very likely that what the translators meant to write is: "is more powerful", which is the standard description of a lot of generic Sage and Demon skills alongside their special effect. One would suspect that the real improvement on most of these is a longer effect duration.
    ~Sylvaliana
    Leader of Borealis, Etherblade server.