So PWI is not fixing the refine transfer price issue?

Options
samasalao
samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
With G17 coming out soon, and very likely more G17 gear armor in the horizon, I have always wondered if PWI is going to ever fix the issue with refine transfer: Chienkun price.

As it stands right now, Refine transfer of highly refined end gear is prohibitively expensive, is way way cheaper to start over from 0, rendering the feature useless. I still remember how the refine transfer of my R9 weapon to final stage was exactly 800+213+(96*2) Chienkuns (1205 chienkuns), at the **** price of 1 gold per chienkun thats indeed 1200 USD to refine transfer a single item, even purchasing the Chienkuns on sale, that price is still ****, lets not even include the rest of the gear, is pretty obvious they don't want people to refine transfer.

I kinda believe PWI is not going to do damn about it and force people to refine new G17 gear/weapon/armor again, I'm wondering however why nobody seems to be complaining about this, are we already used to being milked by this greedy company this much?

I'm really really tired of this freemium BS, everything nowadays is part of that damned boutique, even grinding options are capped and after certain point you have to boutique or nothing, Homestad seems to be coming in that same direction, I am just tired of this company, I guess it is time to sign off permanently of this game.

Comments

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    Options
    Have you happened to check boutique yet today? Probably not. Guess what? We have Chienkun sale naow, 0,45 gold per Chienkun. They're quite cunning at milking, aren't they?​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    A chienkun though is roughly as valuable as a dragon orb 1 star. Here you can get 1 stars for like 6 silver during during a dragon fire pack sale (if I'm remembering it right?). The cheapest Chienkun gets is 45 silver. In PWCN those two are the same price. We really should be getting more aggressive sales on chienkuns in my opinion.​​
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    They are aware of that and im pretty sure that they rubbing their hands when g17 comes around because $$$ is about to happen.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • wilai29#4617
    wilai29#4617 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    Why would they nerf their income? I'm happy that I got 4 bill coin saved up along with a lot of orbs
  • standoffishman
    standoffishman Posts: 136 Arc User
    Options
    asterelle said:

A chienkun though is roughly as valuable as a dragon orb 1 star. Here you can get 1 stars for like 6 silver during during a dragon fire pack sale (if I'm remembering it right?). The cheapest Chienkun gets is 45 silver. In PWCN those two are the same price. We really should be getting more aggressive sales on chienkuns in my opinion.​​

Worth noting that CN simultaneously has much more expensive orbs in addition to cheaper churikans. I believe you're correct asterelle and both are one yaun in China.

I feel it's a much better system for both the company and the players.

It lets players treat refines as more of a permanent upgrade and lets them comfortably invest in good refines for non best in slot gear.

This also helps a lot with smoothing out the gearing experience. Currently players in nv3 with a total worth of 400m or so have their next worthwhile upgrade costing billions. Many players get to that point and just stop gearing completely.

It also serves to even out PVP gear progression. +10 nv3 armour isn't terribly bad compared to +10 r9rr, it's just very wasteful to refine it to full +10 with the current system.

Another nice added benefit for the players is that it helps keep mirages at a decent price.

On the company side people spend more gold on refines, quite a lot more actually by my count.

Sure refine transfers might be cheaper but they still aren't free by any means. On top of that very few people actually refine more than one set to +12 or even +10. The refines being more to start with also helps a lot with that.

As to why they haven't moved to this system well... they tried actually.

Some of you may remember the fairly long period of time when they tried to sell ocean orbs at higher prices?

Didn't work out as people expected them for 25g and eventually they gave up.

Ultimately they don't have a good way to really raise refine costs.

They could implement half the original system by having 10s or lower churikan sales. Unfortunately since they can't increase refine prices they don't seem inclined to do so.

Personally I'd suggest the game play benefits would make a churikan drop worthwhile. Given the gear system, current player base and orb availability I don't actually think it would lose them income.

Lower churn and more widespread spend/charge promo and orb sale appeal may actually cause it to make them more money.
    Still I can see the rational behind the reluctance.

Note: Some of you may object to the idea of more expensive refines. That's fine but try to keep in mind it's more expensive for everyone so it mostly evens out. In china full +12 is drastically less common. So much so that if you inspect every player in both arch and 1k on any given server it's unlikely you'll find more than 2-3 players with full +12. Personally I found only one doing exactly that.

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Meanwhile, at PWE:
    1281340707142708.jpeg​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    the thing with refines :

years ago, there happened 1 !!!! insane 11star and 12star sale ....--> the moment it hit game balance was overborard.... and it just got worse after that... the sale was like 2 dayxs ,,, evryone participating got *cheap* endgame refines, and everyone that didnt... welll ... lemme phrase it like that : the completely broken flame and irage sales we got nowadays ,,, is a thing ppl have been DEMANDING.......

game was totally fine.. with 2-3 ppl on each server having +11 weapons .... but after the sale xD

tldr : the monetization we got in pwi is kinda exactly what people have been asking for :) .. sadly ( and im playing psy xD )

@asterelle i have yet to see another real dragon fire pack sale .... afaik there was none in the last 3/4 year? ...
  • standoffishman
    standoffishman Posts: 136 Arc User
    Options
    mulier said:

the thing with refines :

years ago, there happened 1 !!!! insane 11star and 12star sale ....--> the moment it hit game balance was overborard.... and it just got worse after that... the sale was like 2 dayxs ,,, evryone participating got *cheap* endgame refines, and everyone that didnt... welll ... lemme phrase it like that : the completely broken flame and irage sales we got nowadays ,,, is a thing ppl have been DEMANDING.......

game was totally fine.. with 2-3 ppl on each server having +11 weapons .... but after the sale xD

tldr : the monetization we got in pwi is kinda exactly what people have been asking for :) .. sadly ( and im playing psy xD )

@asterelle i have yet to see another real dragon fire pack sale .... afaik there was none in the last 3/4 year? ...

+10 orbs are actually the bigger stand out rather than +11/12. Using +10 orbs for +8-9 is in no way normal.

Once they have a sale they can't walk it back. It's not very reasonable to blame players for not wanting to pay more than others have previously.