Bring back goons or put level to 105 pots onsale in cash shop

Options
2»

Comments

• cayleyseveren
    cayleyseveren Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Levelling should be easier? As an avid quester, I agree with this. Nowadays, you can quest to roughly lvl83 with absolute ease. Since the bad old days of 2008/09 the exp for quests has more than doubled and there's a lot more of them. You don't need to do dailies and can just log on and play at your leisure. I made a Stormbringer recently and thoroughly enjoyed levelling her... to lvl83. Then the quests ran out. I had no choice but to do dailies to make up the shortfall. I made it to 84 after a few frustrating days, quested to about 50% with the lvl84 quests then had to go back to dailies for the rest of that level. It's like I was happily playing, very much enjoying myself then I hit a brick wall. What this game badly needs is more quests. Enough quests so that people can just log on and play their way to lvl100. With dailies, you're limited to a certain amount of exp per day unless you fancy grinding which is a pretty pointless undertaking. They've made the game very enjoyable up until lvl83 and in my opinion, they should make it possible for players to keep merrily questing their way through the game until they hit the magic 100 mark.
  • deezeylegend1
    deezeylegend1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options

null

You must be a really bad class for pv to only get 6 runs a token in those gears (I know any AA class can do 8 easily, I've seen archers do 7-8 in gear slightly worse than what you listed, seriously what class are you? I'm intrested now, seeker maybe?) Also 600 from only 2 tokens @12 runs is huge, that's like letting mobs wail on you for 10+seconds everytime you stop, kinda huge. Charm **** also really shouldnt be that bad in those gears (agian i guess you're a bad class for pv?). Not as hard/costly as you making it.

Thing is, level 105 x3 only matters to people who are into competitive PvP and want access to things like seeing Assassins (detect pots), using NW buff pills etc. and want the extra attribute points to maximise their builds. Even then, there are still people that PvP regularly but they aren't 105 x3 (some not even 105 once).

Outside of competitive PvP, you just need to be level 100 x3 (or 101 to have access to some extra things like taming the level 101 Derjan's Hatchling pet) to enjoy most things. Leveling to 100 doesn't take long unless you barely play. New players generally shouldn't want to get instant level 100 since they'll be left with no gear (unless they buy the additional gear pack), no skills, no experience on how this game works and no clue on what to do next. That's something we saw happen with a few people that joined PWI during the free level 95 pill promotion.

I'm not against having more level up and auto-rebirth-level-up stones being sold. It might encourage some people to re-roll to new classes since they are tired/disappointed with their current main. I just never really understood why some people worry so much about getting to 105 when they are generally casual players and they do some NWs at best.

Not to mention they should probably be more concerned about catching up with Sky levels, spirit stat, cards, passives, star charts and all that. While farming all that you can still get EXP from quests, events etc. Some people said you get a decent amount of EXP from the Heavenfall Tower as well, which you may want to farm in order to improve your star chart.

I don't know... I don't really disagree, but I feel like leveling is a lesser concern compared to all the other things players need to do to catch up to anyway. Shoving everything in the boutique isn't exactly the solution either. Then again, this is such an old game and they need to keep adding things for the older players so they have something to work on.

I can only think of occasionally having free goodies campaigns like the level 95 pill that offer free levels/rebirth levels/gear/PrimalBlood packs/etc. for free to give new players a boost. However, we'd also need an environment where players can quickly learn a few basics and get the hang of the game (otherwise they would be lost, confused and maybe quit) and some advertising so people actually know this thing is happening.

​​

Everything you mentioned is what's going to make people quit if it's not changed. PWI is not a hard game to get a hold of at all it's really easy. Everyplayer should be at 105 all because that's where all the damage is not just in pvp. To get the best gear you have to be 101 and to get the best genie you have to be 105. So many advantages to being max level like any game.
    Post edited by deezeylegend1 on
  • deezeylegend1
    edited April 2016
    Options
    foley3k said:

if you are only talking about hitting 100x3 on 3 toons, then you have no idea what going from 102-105 ONCE entails. it is not that simple and if you know the deal with the exp table after 100 then you wouldnt be so flippant about how easy it is to level.

I do know what it entails. I have logged my chars for people to open PV so that they can get to 105. For me, 103 was good enough (on my main), I didn't, and still don't care about 105. I never said it was easy to lvl to 105. I said it was easy to lvl to 100 because thats the point where you gain access to end game gear, skills, instances, etc....|

Like patrickhuong said, it took him 6 months to get 105x3, which isn't that long. If your not willing to work to obtain 105x3 then you don't deserve it. People are taking their own life experiences and bringing it into the game where they want everything handed to them and not work for it. Get back to your drum circles, hippies.

This guy is smart, if you work a job you and have a life you don't have time to waste countless grinding in MMO's so why don't you get a job and life hippie. This is why PWI is dying and why there going to tear the game apart on steam. This game was awarded for one of the hardest games to reach max level in that was when it was when you had to reach 105 once lol.
    Post edited by deezeylegend1 on
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    Options
    the difference between 3x100 and 3x105 is sooooo freaking huge, its insane - in terms of raw stats that is.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    105x3 in 6 months daily grinding PV.

180 consecutive days of 12xPV

with r999 + g16 neck + NW ring + refines +shards

and that's simple?

what are you smoking. this reinforces what i keep saying about barriers to entrance. if you need $2,500 worth of stuff just to start out, then the actual cost to play and enjoy this free to play game is $2,500. ain't nobody doing 12 PV runs a day with +5 Morai 101 gear on.... and yes the particular class matters as well but those who can utilize PV the best have thousands of dollars in gear and saved up items from the cash shop (lucky coins, 10 a day which equals 1800 coins as per the example given)

and face facts, endgame consists of pvp. getting to endgame right now consists of doing well in PVP content.

there are way too many things to spend real money on that leveling should not be so restrictive and agonizing.

they dont have to necessarily return hypers to FCC though i would like it (they could nerf it so you cant sell exp rooms or enter if you are below 80). they can make NIRVANA reward dumb amounts of exp, or GV, or LUNAR and WARSONG...... things we already have to run a bunch of times. this would also bring more activity to those instances.

they need to keep in account that the exp table is broken post 100, and make the process of leveling much more attainable outside of the mostly class specific in terms of advantage phoenix valley. at least FCC (not the exp room, the whole run) taught teamwork and how to use your class in conjunction with a squad.

if you thought fcc babies were bad, what happens when steam players jump in and litter WC with complaints of not being able to do 50-99 BHs or cultis or get gear or be competitive with damage in pvp. nobody like to deal 100's of damage on a toon that deals 100,000's of damage back.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options

what are you smoking. this reinforces what i keep saying about barriers to entrance. if you need $2,500 worth of stuff just to start out, then the actual cost to play and enjoy this free to play game is $2,500. ain't nobody doing 12 PV runs a day with +5 Morai 101 gear on.... and yes the particular class matters as well but those who can utilize PV the best have thousands of dollars in gear and saved up items from the cash shop (lucky coins, 10 a day which equals 1800 coins as per the example given)

All I have is my r9rr weapon +10 and nirvana 3rd cast gear. I can solo PV no problem. Might not be as fast as full r9rr +12.
    I worked for all the stuff I have, I never spent a dime on this game. so, ya, still a free to play game.
    You have the option to pay to get stuff, so you dont have to work for it.

and face facts, endgame consists of pvp. getting to endgame right now consists of doing well in PVP content.
    there are way too many things to spend real money on that leveling should not be so restrictive and agonizing.

Again, if you dont want to work for it, you don't deserve it. Would you pay $500 to get to lvl 105 each time? If so, get a bunch of people together and let PWE know, maybe they can get the devs in china to add something to the game that will give you insta 105. We both know that wont happen.

they dont have to necessarily return hypers to FCC though i would like it (they could nerf it so you cant sell exp rooms or enter if you are below 80). they can make NIRVANA reward dumb amounts of exp, or GV, or LUNAR and WARSONG...... things we already have to run a bunch of times. this would also bring more activity to those instances.

Not sure of the specifics, sylen could chime in on this, but Pretty sure they would need permission from the chinese company they lease the game from to change any aspect of it. Is it worth it? Nope. I hear AUE gives lots of xp. Go run that if you want an instance that gives lots of XP.

they need to keep in account that the exp table is broken post 100, and make the process of leveling much more attainable outside of the mostly class specific in terms of advantage phoenix valley. at least FCC (not the exp room, the whole run) taught teamwork and how to use your class in conjunction with a squad.

Again, it is obtainable, IF YOU WORK AT IT. Even if they made 105 super easy, you would still need to know how the hell to play your character. Playing the game, not insta lvling to 105 is how that is done. Why should they make it easier to do when plenty of people already have obtained it? There are BHs where you learn how to work with a squad.

if you thought fcc babies were bad, what happens when steam players jump in and litter WC with complaints of not being able to do 50-99 BHs or cultis or get gear or be competitive with damage in pvp. nobody like to deal 100's of damage on a toon that deals 100,000's of damage back.

You see, when you work at the game you can do all of those things plus more. Id rather have someone who has played the game and worked for their r8 gear in my squad, than someone who is insta 105 with same gears who doesnt know wtf to do. Steam players are free to do so, I am sure the community will shut them up. I might be mistaken, but at one time there was a link to sign up to the game. Using that link you got a dreamchaser pack. That gives you gear and some freebies for your lvl, and another pack to open at a higher lvl and so on and so on. You got a mount and flyer too at some point. Its been a while since I have opened them.
    NGTUy53.png

• iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    I miss the old MMO days before hand outs and instant end game levels. The times where you enjoyed everything the programmers put into a game and it took you 2 to 3 years to accomplish. Now it seems MMOs are destined to the gimmee gimmee crowd of now now now.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• dagoddominator
    Options
    @foley3k

you really are not reading my responses, i never said anything about not working for it or wanting insta-lvl items. not once.

i am saying that the exp table is broken, an already discussed to death topic, and the sheer amount of exp needed to go from 102-105 is not even in the original intention of to pace those levels.

i spoke about the barriers to entry for new players seeing as we are dropping on steam. who is going to join a game where you will be 5 years behind unless you spend $3,000 to catch up and then some.

i love it when the few players who managed to FTP to r9 (only ring+weap for you) like to claim you can still do it free. the amount of players that can achieve those goals without spending a dime is very limited and very dependent upon OTHER PEOPLE spending large amounts of money. so no FTP is not an option for everyone because there still needs to be a large presence of cash money in order for those items to be available.

working at it is one thing and i am no stranger to working at it, but its get extremely boring to have to do so many repetitive things for so long just to still be behind in such large gaps. a FRESH PLAYER with not hand me downs is NOT going have a ice cube's chance in hell of integrating into the current meta. a few might but not a free player, and definitely not a lot because supply and demand of course.

if the goals in this game were not either so saddled with exceptionally boring repetition or a reliance on the cash shop and buying gold whether it were coin or cash....... then this would be a more lively game. as it stands now anything not in the cash shop is metered so slow its almost completely worthless to try.

they are dropping the ball and making a mistake with the pace of our version of the game. our game is not like china's, yet we are held to live under the same circumstances as china with few exceptions. i will maintain that months of straight grinding without break should not be required to still be 3-4 steps behind the competitive track. it should take great deals of money for a player to start adding to the competitive field either.
  • deezeylegend1
    Options
    foley3k said:

All I have is my r9rr weapon +10 and nirvana 3rd cast gear. I can solo PV no problem. Might not be as fast as full r9rr +12.
    I worked for all the stuff I have, I never spent a dime on this game. so, ya, still a free to play game.
    You have the option to pay to get stuff, so you dont have to work for it.

Again, if you dont want to work for it, you don't deserve it. Would you pay $500 to get to lvl 105 each time? If so, get a bunch of people together and let PWE know, maybe they can get the devs in china to add something to the game that will give you insta 105. We both know that wont happen.

Not sure of the specifics, sylen could chime in on this, but Pretty sure they would need permission from the chinese company they lease the game from to change any aspect of it. Is it worth it? Nope. I hear AUE gives lots of xp. Go run that if you want an instance that gives lots of XP.

Again, it is obtainable, IF YOU WORK AT IT. Even if they made 105 super easy, you would still need to know how the hell to play your character. Playing the game, not insta lvling to 105 is how that is done. Why should they make it easier to do when plenty of people already have obtained it? There are BHs where you learn how to work with a squad.

You see, when you work at the game you can do all of those things plus more. Id rather have someone who has played the game and worked for their r8 gear in my squad, than someone who is insta 105 with same gears who doesnt know wtf to do. Steam players are free to do so, I am sure the community will shut them up. I might be mistaken, but at one time there was a link to sign up to the game. Using that link you got a dreamchaser pack. That gives you gear and some freebies for your lvl, and another pack to open at a higher lvl and so on and so on. You got a mount and flyer too at some point. Its been a while since I have opened them.
    Just because you worked to level to 105 doesn't mean you know you class your logic is flawed. Plenty of terrible people have been playing for years I know some people that can play a new class in a couple days and be a master of the class. PWI is not hard at all to learn people who suck are gonna suck. People who want to be good are gonna be good.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    This is correct. China writes all the code for PWI. PWE is just a publisher, and aside from some very minor actions, they are unable to make changes to the server code. For instance... Remember when Secret Passage got flipped so that PvP was pretty much a default, and you could even hit blue-names under 30? Took several months to get China to fix that. (I believe it's default in their version.) To fix it, all you have to do is edit the config file for the SP map, and change one character from a 0 to a 1. It's truly a fix that could have taken 3 minutes instead of three months if PWE were able to touch the server files.

Also, yes, AEU gives over 1mil exp for completing the run. If you're RB'ed it's enormous. You can also multiply it with exp buff. You only need 8 to do the run, and you can repeat it as many times as you have JDO's.
    There is also a trick you can use that allows you to very easily jump past 100 through 105 when you are rebirthing. It just takes some time and money to gather enough items to do it.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • foley3k
    Options

@foley3k

you really are not reading my responses, i never said anything about not working for it or wanting insta-lvl items. not once.

i am saying that the exp table is broken, an already discussed to death topic, and the sheer amount of exp needed to go from 102-105 is not even in the original intention of to pace those levels.

i spoke about the barriers to entry for new players seeing as we are dropping on steam. who is going to join a game where you will be 5 years behind unless you spend $3,000 to catch up and then some.

i love it when the few players who managed to FTP to r9 (only ring+weap for you) like to claim you can still do it free. the amount of players that can achieve those goals without spending a dime is very limited and very dependent upon OTHER PEOPLE spending large amounts of money. so no FTP is not an option for everyone because there still needs to be a large presence of cash money in order for those items to be available.

working at it is one thing and i am no stranger to working at it, but its get extremely boring to have to do so many repetitive things for so long just to still be behind in such large gaps. a FRESH PLAYER with not hand me downs is NOT going have a ice cube's chance in hell of integrating into the current meta. a few might but not a free player, and definitely not a lot because supply and demand of course.

if the goals in this game were not either so saddled with exceptionally boring repetition or a reliance on the cash shop and buying gold whether it were coin or cash....... then this would be a more lively game. as it stands now anything not in the cash shop is metered so slow its almost completely worthless to try.

they are dropping the ball and making a mistake with the pace of our version of the game. our game is not like china's, yet we are held to live under the same circumstances as china with few exceptions. i will maintain that months of straight grinding without break should not be required to still be 3-4 steps behind the competitive track. it should take great deals of money for a player to start adding to the competitive field either.

I stopped going for more r9rr pieces because the prices for materials went up. I do not want to put a lot of time farming into this game to go full r9rr, cause well, I have a life and other things I like to do. Some people continue to to spend hours and hours a day farming to get their gears. There is also merching, something I never really got into, but I know people who do this and they make decent coin at it without putting real money into the game.

The amount of XP needed to get 105 is lots yes, but people still do it. Like I said, they aren't going to do anything about that. The longer someone is playing the higher the chance of them spending real money on the game grows. That is all they care about. Honestly even if they did, make it easy to get to 105. Say 4x the EXP for PV and other things. You really think they are going to stick around for PvP when they get 1 shot by someone who has been playing for years and has end game gear?
    So you make leveling easier, but there is the massive gear gap. What next? Make r9rr easy to get as well? Then make the RB stuff easier to get? Bloods, star charts, meridians, cards, make all that easier to get just to keep some Steam people playing?
    I get that they will be behind, but thats the nature of the game. I semi-quit months ago. I log to talk to people mostly. I am so far behind in primal things now that its hilarious. I'm not mad about it because I know its how the game is.

I get what you are saying, and like I've said if it was 6 years ago this would have been a good idea. The game is too money driven now, and it drives more people away then it attracts. The people who continue to play are mostly playing to justify the amount of time and money they have spent on this game, and PWE loves these people.
    NGTUy53.png

• deezeylegend1
    Options
    foley3k said:

@foley3k

I stopped going for more r9rr pieces because the prices for materials went up. I do not want to put a lot of time farming into this game to go full r9rr, cause well, I have a life and other things I like to do. Some people continue to to spend hours and hours a day farming to get their gears. There is also merching, something I never really got into, but I know people who do this and they make decent coin at it without putting real money into the game.

The amount of XP needed to get 105 is lots yes, but people still do it. Like I said, they aren't going to do anything about that. The longer someone is playing the higher the chance of them spending real money on the game grows. That is all they care about. Honestly even if they did, make it easy to get to 105. Say 4x the EXP for PV and other things. You really think they are going to stick around for PvP when they get 1 shot by someone who has been playing for years and has end game gear?
    So you make leveling easier, but there is the massive gear gap. What next? Make r9rr easy to get as well? Then make the RB stuff easier to get? Bloods, star charts, meridians, cards, make all that easier to get just to keep some Steam people playing?
    I get that they will be behind, but thats the nature of the game. I semi-quit months ago. I log to talk to people mostly. I am so far behind in primal things now that its hilarious. I'm not mad about it because I know its how the game is.

I get what you are saying, and like I've said if it was 6 years ago this would have been a good idea. The game is too money driven now, and it drives more people away then it attracts. The people who continue to play are mostly playing to justify the amount of time and money they have spent on this game, and PWE loves these people.
    R999 is easy to get on pwi you can get r999 in one day.
  • foley3k
    Options

Not by farming. Buying from boutique it is.

NGTUy53.png

• dagoddominator
    Options
    foley3k said:

you do realize that with returning warrior buff, you can catch up on primals in about a week or less. making leveling easier has nothing to do with the gear gap... i've mentioned this in responses as well. but a good place to start in terms of getting competitive is level. as it stands unless you are going to layout a bunch of cash up front, there are still a ton of things (meridian, cards, refines, gear, skill leveling, SHARDS, neuma, culti, morai) to occupy your time with doing that leveling should not be as much of an issue.

not every class (unless +10 or above and sharded with r999) can utilize PV the same as a few classes. this is just a prime example of WHY leveling among other things should not be made to drag out so much. unless you have exp pills, rebirthing is not a quick thing. add to that not having gear or refines and these steam players will be at a loss for help. yes some of the casual factions will see an influx but ppl mostly dont play a game just to be casual, and that is not how pwi is being marketed.

with other games placing you in endgame situations well within the first 3 months, and other games hopping toons to near endgame scenarios immediately (but still requiring endgame gear-grinding) i just don see this game doing well on steam. nobody is going to volunteer to get caught up in a game that stifles rewards unless you are charging in the thousands.

• foley3k
    Options

you do realize that with returning warrior buff, you can catch up on primals in about a week or less. making leveling easier has nothing to do with the gear gap... i've mentioned this in responses as well. but a good place to start in terms of getting competitive is level. as it stands unless you are going to layout a bunch of cash up front, there are still a ton of things (meridian, cards, refines, gear, skill leveling, SHARDS, neuma, culti, morai) to occupy your time with doing that leveling should not be as much of an issue.

not every class (unless +10 or above and sharded with r999) can utilize PV the same as a few classes. this is just a prime example of WHY leveling among other things should not be made to drag out so much. unless you have exp pills, rebirthing is not a quick thing. add to that not having gear or refines and these steam players will be at a loss for help. yes some of the casual factions will see an influx but ppl mostly dont play a game just to be casual, and that is not how pwi is being marketed.

with other games placing you in endgame situations well within the first 3 months, and other games hopping toons to near endgame scenarios immediately (but still requiring endgame gear-grinding) i just don see this game doing well on steam. nobody is going to volunteer to get caught up in a game that stifles rewards unless you are charging in the thousands.

You need to stop separating steam players from everyone else. And you need to separate PWI from other games.
    Any new people coming to PWI will see the same things as people from Steam. You seem to want everyone to be 105x3 within 3 months. Leveling is ( or was ) hard, will take forever and a day to farm your end game gear, shards, neuma, shards, refines etc...This is how the game was designed, play it a bunch and get stuff for free, or charge your credit card and get it faster.
    Other games can do what they want. You can be end game level, but beginning game geared. Having a max leveled character with NPC gear is like **** on a nun........Useless.

Besides, the leveling "issue" isnt what is going to keep people from playing. PWI has many issues both in game (china has a hand in this), and in office that will deter people. They should fix these things before trying to get more people into the game.

NGTUy53.png

• deezeylegend1
    Options
    foley3k said:

Not by farming. Buying from boutique it is.

You can't really farm rank 9 it's a cash shop item lol. Without people cash shopping there is no rank 9 in game.
  • foley3k
    Options

You can't really farm rank 9 it's a cash shop item lol. Without people cash shopping there is no rank 9 in game.

Yes you can really farm r9. You farm the coins, then exchange for gold in the auction house, then buy stuff you need. Voila, farmed.

NGTUy53.png