GM work hours?

Options
2»

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    pwigamer10 wrote: »
    Alright but it is not explicitly mentioned that you will be banned for allowance of access of your account by a third party. It just says they are not to be held responsible for anything afterwards.
    And ofcourse the section 12 can be applied to anything according to what it says... XD

Of course they aren't going to explicitly name what happens when, that's when loopholes happen, ToS's have to be vague so it covers everything.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• pwigamer10
    pwigamer10 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    ToS are not allowed to be vague btw.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    I don't think that "Your Account may only to be used by you" is vague at all. It's very clear.

Does it say, "your account may be used by you, and your bestest buddie"? No, it does not.

It says "only by you".

You may have missed part of the last bit also. I'll summarize...
    "We reserve the right to to terminate your Account at any time in our sole discretion, for any reason, or for no reason."​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    pwigamer10 wrote: »
    ToS are not allowed to be vague btw.
    I don't think that "Your Account may only to be used by you" is vague at all. It's very clear.

Does it say, "your account may be used by you, and your bestest buddie"? No, it does not.

It says "only by you".

You may have missed part of the last bit also. I'll summarize...
    "We reserve the right to to terminate your Account at any time in our sole discretion, for any reason, or for no reason."

That's why i said "vague" (also why I said they are not going to explicitly name everything that could happen (get banned, warned, etc. instead, they call it "risks") or why it could happen (any or no reason)

I didn't mean it as "because we like potatoes we kill all tomatoes and if you support cucumbers you will face the consequences"​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    Options
    Maybe its me but do GM's Work? I see ppl break every rule in this game and never see any action taken to remove these ppl. Every server has his own scammers......dont see them being banned for it. Not even speaking off the harrassment in wc or sex talks daily in there. Ppl are not ever doing teamwork or show respect on who was there first. Its all mine....think gm are doing the same, after all they get payed in the end off the day.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    soleida wrote: »
    Maybe its me but do GM's Work? I see ppl break every rule in this game and never see any action taken to remove these ppl. Every server has his own scammers......dont see them being banned for it. Not even speaking off the harrassment in wc or sex talks daily in there. Ppl are not ever doing teamwork or show respect on who was there first. Its all mine....think gm are doing the same, after all they get payed in the end off the day.
    I've explained this before, but I got a bit more insight speaking with Domino yesterday on some things, so I'll include the updated information I can share.

When this title first appeared in 2008, it was PWE's sole title. They had a dedicated support staff of 12 people who were monitoring 4 servers. GM activity was high, they were online a lot. People spouting **** in WC were silenced quickly, and tickets were responded to rather quickly and appropriately.
    ~Player base was maybe 2-400,000 people.

Later, the game grew, PWE published more titles from other developers, and the game became more popular. GM presence online was partially active, there were a fair number of events, and tickets were responded to appropriately within 3-5 days.
    The support team was about 20 people, supporting 6 or 7 titles.
    ~The player base was several hundred thousand people each, with a couple million on the flagship PWI.

A few years ago, PWE was supporting about 18 separate titles. The support team consisted of about 20 people, who were mostly college interns. They are paid little more than minimum wage. The true dedicated support team is gone now. GM's are really only on the server when they are actioning a ticket.
    PWE decided to increase staff to 25 people on the support team, and eventually changed support from being 8am-4pm M-F PST to being 24-7. Ticket response is still 3-5 business days, but the responses aren't always good/adequate.
    ~The player base was several million per title.

Now, there's been a huge cleanup in management. Staff overall is low, and the support team is back down to about 20 people supporting a bunch of titles (too lazy to count atm), and for the most part, they aren't really providing support. Oh, and this limited support team is also dealing with a huge issue on the NW servers right now also. Apparently a big expansion over there went sideways. I haven't paid attention to NW in a couple years, so I'm not really in the loop on that much, but it pertains a bit to our issues, and why we aren't hearing much from the team currently.
    In addition to this, they are trying to be more pro-active on handling the issues like account sharing and the TW bid violations, along with other reported violations.

Keep in mind though, it's reported violations. They don't have the staffing available to sit and monitor our servers. They cannot sit and babysit world chat. They cannot trace down accounts being logged in from multiple distant IP addresses manually. They are doing what they can with the information they are given.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • joecisco
    joecisco Posts: 102 Arc User
    Options
    Just the other day, a good freind of mine got his two main accounts banned forever. They say it's for fake TW bidding, yet neither account is even leader of a faction to participate in fake bids. I am aware that bans aren't to be discussed on the forums so i won't discuss that more here.

I would like to share something he said after the last response from PWE where they said they have no intention of removing the ban.
    Yeah, yesterday didn't go the way I wanted it to. I had hoped things would be cleared up and I'd be able to be on pwi and things would go back to normal. I wouldn't lose all the hard work that I have put into [my toon], the coin, I had been collecting for r999, the shards, charms, gear, refines, items that I planned to sell for the rest of my gear. GST's, my other characters, items that were gifted to me, my tome that I made myself. All the skills that I bought and worked for. I was done with him skillwise. I had all his primals done. Morai done, and his sky level was maxed. I finally had his Ring of Trauma. [Side note here: he also has gear and items that were granted to him by the faction. Some were expected to be returned at some point.]

I'm trying to have faith that something positive will work out, but it's not easy. How do you think you would react if you lost [your main]? If [my toon] is truly gone, I've lost years of work that I won't get back, not to mention the people that he knew on his FL. I worked just as hard on [my alt], leveling both from nothing, working for their gear, swapping between toons to shard them, and other times buying it.

Right now, I have nothing, and it makes me feel pretty much like ****. Just hurt I can't log [my toon] on and play anymore. Knowing that everyone else is on their main doing stuff or can just log in and do whatever, while I can't.
    please note that he did give me permission to share this, and some details have been removed for privacy.

If PWE continues in this fashion, going against previous precedent where the bans followed a scale based on the offence and number of infractions, they are going to kill their own game themselves.
    I can understand permanently banning the accounts that are doing the fake bidding. I doubt they are actually played anyway.
    I can understand banning the associated main account, and other accounts by that user, for a limited time period. Say 1-4 weeks depending on the offense.
    That makes perfect sense.
    Perma-Banning two accounts that are obviously incapable of doing fake bidding, which may or may not actually be involved in fake bidding seems way excessive.

Oh, I don't like so-and-so, I'll just report them. Then they get banned.
    That's what it's looking like is happening here more and more.

I get what Sylen says though about the support staff. Looks like they are spread horribly thin. I cannot imagine how any company would expect to be able to provide support like that.​​
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    joecisco said:

​​

Precisely this.

DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    darkonome said:

joecisco said:

​​

Precisely this.

Problem is, they dont get bann so many times, cause highly CSed accounts. Example: Look at dawnglory's fake bids.
  • mysterkid
    mysterkid Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Honestly its a dumb rule to begin with. First of all account sharing has no effect on the company whatsoever. Yes you can say that they arent the ones receiving the money when people sell accounts, but if that player was ready to quit its not like they were going to be receiving anymore money anyways. Also on top of that the new player that purchased the account most likely will spend money in the future so banning for this reason is a bad business practice. Also the fact that the rules state they can bann for any reason kind of nulls the entire thing. The sole fact that they even have that rule should mean perma bann should not be allowed because this could easily show discrimination. "So im choosing to bann you permanantly, but im choosing to bann the other guy for a week" if they arent banning everyone doing this same thing its easily relatable to discrimination and what makes it even more heinous is that alot of these players devoted alot of time and possibly money to the game just to be discriminated against.

How do i know im not being discriminated against if not everyone is getting banned for the same crime?
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    I dont even understand why account sharing is a bannable offense. Lots of "married" players in the game play each others toons. They do it to help each other as when one cannot play for a few days the other will keep up on dailies.
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    dejiavu said:

I dont even understand why account sharing is a bannable offense. Lots of "married" players in the game play each others toons. They do it to help each other as when one cannot play for a few days the other will keep up on dailies.

I think (I don't know, it's more like what I believe might be the case) that the rule against account sharing is there in case something goes bad between the people that do the sharing. What I mean is that they might want to avoid the tickets coming their way, if someone has access to an account and take things, NPC things or do other actions that the original account holder might not approve. I can imagine the tickets "he/she scammed me", "they took my things",e.t.c. Not saying that this will happen, I'm saying that this might be what they are trying to protect players from. They might be afraid that with account sharing, people might lose their items or characters. So they might be thinking that it's a good way to protect everyone from something that could go bad.

Personally I'm not against account sharing. What if someone's sick and he/she can't log in and there is a cool log-in event? Or someone wants help with dailies or something else in game? If everyone's honest and they want to help, I find it very sweet! But at the same time, I understand the doubt and the thinking of "you can never be too careful". -> it might be just that. Protect all parties from potential problems. If everyone agreed with account sharing, taking the responsibility that if something went wrong they were warned and they are ok with it, accepting the risk and the concequences..then I think it would be another case.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    Options
    Player base was maybe 2-400,000 people.​​
    I doubt there were ever that many people playing pwi actively (="player base") .

1. I created tons of accounts/characters on many servers/different games. Played them for an hour or something like that and left them alone. I still don't belong to the "playerbase" of those games.

2. PWI "encouraged" their community many times to create many accounts (e.g. once they did give away free fashion for any new character which had a coin value of about 200k iirr. Ppl created accounts, created new characters, sold the fashion, sent the coins to their mains and never touched those accounts again; other examples/good reasons to create more accounts: login events for free event gold/refining aids; another one: JoJ; another one: to get enough "likes" on fb for 2x drop.

3. 1-3 factions were able to control all TW lands easily on all servers, without serious competition. And even in those main factions only 20-40 people were online at the same time.

4. I did run thousands of dungeon runs. At least ten thousand, not kidding (unfortunately xD). And met the same ppl (with different toons) again and again and again.

5. I'd estimate till first Rank8/9 sale we had a player base of about 2k per server and about 400 core players per server. After start of the sale it got reduced by ~50% and since server merge it's about the same again (we had more up and downs for different reasons ofc but I don't want to get into more details here).
    Honestly its a dumb rule to begin with."
    If we wouldn't have this rule ("not legal to sell accounts"), it would be legit to sell and buy PWI accounts. And we might get flooded with gold diggers. I'd not like to see this. I also don't see problems with sharing accounts with friends generally. But PWE can't differentiate on their side if you sold the account or "share" it.
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    Options
    The account sharing rules are certainly there in case things go south, to prevent item loss ( and the subsequent scammed/**** tickets
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Eh people sharing accounts are generally conscious of the possible consequences but usually its between family members couples or very good friends. Its rare that i see someone randomly giving their account info to a person who they haven't known for too long just cause they happen to get along very well and honestly ive heard of maybe 2-3 cases at best of someone having their stuff stolen because of account sharing in the 6+ years ive played and i know tons of people that account share. and played on two servers before the merge.
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    Options
    I agree with you booker, but that is a large reason for it. It also gives an unfair advantage over those who don't share, maybe not in this age with earning time limits.
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    Account sharing should be at the players own risk. Like buying a used car--as is sale!. PWI can put all the legal refrences that they are in no way responsible for anything that goes south, etc. I tend to think it is a money thing with them. Like if everyone shared each others accounts there would be less new characters created to spend money on.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Whoa super necro! I was wondering why this thread felt so familiar...

Closing this up since this came back from the dead.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
This discussion has been closed.