Dragon's Conquest unavailable 2/6

trailturtle
trailturtle Posts: 1,482 Perfect World Employee
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

Today was scheduled to be the first time for the Dragon's Conquest instance. Unfortunately, shortly after the instance began, there was a mass disconnect of everyone on the cross-server; when they got back in, they were not able to re-enter the instance.

The good news is that there was no lasting damage, no issues with character data or items; the bad news is that the instance was unavailable. We're going to be investigating this starting on Monday, and we'll update you as we learn more. My guess is that one of the server processes crashed gracefully, kicking characters out of the cross-server without causing any data issues, but that's just a theory.

We'll be keeping an eye on PWI for the rest of the weekend, in case there are other server issues that pop up. If you run into anything on this scale -- not small bugs, please -- ticket in to CS and they'll call us and the engies as necessary.

-TrailTurtle

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Thanks for the update. Can you say whether we will be refunded for our bids or not? I would assume that everyone will be.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • trailturtle
    trailturtle Posts: 1,482 Perfect World Employee

Thanks for the update. Can you say whether we will be refunded for our bids or not? I would assume that everyone will be.​​

We think we've got the data we'll need to do that, though that's a little uncertain until we're all in the office on Monday. We'll see what we can do.
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    Just update your eginee :-)
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Just as a heads up: The rewards you get from this event contain 2 Items that are unusable in our version of the game.

Please check out the rewards in that link: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/33854

Both the Sovereigns Seal and theGrand Commanders Orders are useless for us. Will that also get looked into?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Thanks for the update!​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    So even though Dragon's Conquest is "Unavailable" today 18 factions have been assigned as "winners", received a reward in their mail, and are now a land ahead of everyone else.

KnSC2WY.png

The thing is there is a reward for the overall winner of the season as well as rewards for owning multiple lands putting everyone else at an unfair disadvantage going forward. How do you plan on resolving this? I think a cross-server map reset is needed before attempting this event again.

EDIT: Also the rankings are set to sort Dawnglory in front of all other servers in the event of a tie, as if they didn't have enough of an advantage competing against 11am servers.
    1fi7duM.png
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    There does seem to be one lasting issue, although small.

The game seems to have decided a victor at random in all the battles that glitched out, so now when the real TWs start next week, not all factions will be on equal footing. I dont know how important it is to actually be able to get those final lands, but I would figure some factions getting an undeserved headstart could potentially be an issue.

I know for a fact it was completely at random since I know in both a 14v60 and a 8v60 the 2 factions that could absolutely never have won, came out victorious xD
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    Congrats Haxsquad!
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    asterelle said:

So even though Dragon's Conquest is "Unavailable" today 18 factions have been assigned as "winners", received a reward in their mail, and are now a land ahead of everyone else.

KnSC2WY.png

The thing is there is a reward for the overall winner of the season as well as rewards for owning multiple lands putting everyone else at an unfair disadvantage going forward. How do you plan on resolving this? I think a cross-server map reset is needed before attempting this event again.

EDIT: Also the rankings are set to sort Dawnglory in front of all other servers in the event of a tie, as if they didn't have enough of an advantage competing against 11am servers.

1fi7duM.png

​​

My guild controled all towers inside map and we had killed some players. The score was 2000 vs 1980 around

As the sort of the table i cant say much it is how the database sorts the results to the output

I dont mind if the map resets but it isnt my call. But the system for some reason has winner maybe someone can explain the point system later on forums
  • lynxes
    lynxes Posts: 10 Arc User
    yeah and the faction with 15 people got a win over one with 56? how was that possible
  • sylenthunder
    lynxes wrote: »
    yeah and the faction with 15 people got a win over one with 56? how was that possible
    We won 16 vs 36.
    Pretty sure they got to the dragon, then when the server dropped everyone, their toons hung around and died.
    Since your side loses points on player deaths, they lost because we had a larger end balance than they did.​​

​​
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Map needs to be reset..... leaving half the guilds who participated at a disadvantage because of PWI glitch is not fair.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    edited February 2016
    I guess it was a "No Lucky" Saturday for us. I am sorry it took me so long to respond. No excuse( power outage in my area, and traffic....). Please take my sincere apologize! :cry::cry:

Faction refund: yes, all factions had a success war declaration will get their 10 mil refund to their faction leader.
    Character compensation: all players joined in the event will get 20 event gold and 3 Profundity Scroll I Ticket per character.
    Please allow us 2-3 business days to process all logs and we will send out the compensation through game mail.

In order to have more time to investigate the issue, we would like to disable this cross server PVP on Feb 13.

Again, I am sorry this cross server field did not work out at its first time. Our team will do their best to fix it and make it better. The points ranking is a preparation for our very first cross server faction tournament. After everyone is familiar with DC, we will have it reset and let's start it for real. Yes, I said: Tournament. This is a big plan I am working on. More information will be updated.

Meanwhile, if you can post the skills you were casting, mobs your were attacking, items you were using at the point of disconnection(or a minute ago before the disconnection), that would be great help for us to identify the issue. Thank you for your support!Stay tuned. :naughty::naughty:

And thanks to trailturtle! Lots of help when I was caught up in the traffic jam.
  • sylenthunder
    I had successfully cast Silent Seal on an opponent. I then cast Wield Thunder and Thunderball, but they had no effect on the other player. I attempted Silent Seal again right when it DC'ed.​​

​​
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin

I had successfully cast Silent Seal on an opponent. I then cast Wield Thunder and Thunderball, but they had no effect on the other player. I attempted Silent Seal again right when it DC'ed.​​

Were you in front of the BOSS?
  • sylenthunder
    edited February 2016
    mintsummer wrote: »
    I had successfully cast Silent Seal on an opponent. I then cast Wield Thunder and Thunderball, but they had no effect on the other player. I attempted Silent Seal again right when it DC'ed.
    Were you in front of the BOSS?
    Sorry, no was just outside our base. Hang on and I can post a screenshot.

I circled the general area with green. Blue dot is my approximate location. Red dot is other player's.
    2016-02-06%2014-02-00.png
    Most of the rest of our faction was fighting on the right path at that middle crystal symbol.​​

​​
  • lynxes
    lynxes Posts: 10 Arc User
    so you are saying that hax squad didn't dc at the same time. when we had max points and they had 1960 that they stayed around and kill the base while the rest of us DC'd thats funny
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    We were well past the midway point
    We were on mounts running using genie holy path
    I had full buffs and casted elven boon and purify.
    We dug all those crystals up to the point where we were.

And I still think the map will be reset as soon as it's functioning properly. Sorry with Pwi past performance history I don't trust for it not to be reset All guilds should be equal in terms of land. There's no way haxsquad who had 15 people beat a group of 60.
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    A pvp event that is broken were people dc and cant get back?
    This seems to be new to PWI.
    giphy.gif

• tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    based on my bit of coding experience and the fact that the tw ran for a good 5-10 minutes before it crashed, i'm about 80% sure that it was not a single skill that caused the crash. More than likely, there was a data/memory overflow that reached maximum after about 5-10 minutes from either too many people playing or "too much going on at once," the program or server couldn't handle it, and essentially in summary: someone used an int instead of a long or the equivilant > int overflow > core dump > backlash > server crash. :D
    Tell the devs to go over their memory allocation, it will save them alot of time if they start their debugging there first.

Also a good rule of thumb, skills don't cause bugs unless they are the bug. What I am saying is, since our normal servers aren't always crashing and those skills are being used, those skill must be fine and therefore not bugged or the cause of the bug.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • beast21g
    i found this the barb was inviting someone when server crashed
    https://youtu.be/jaB4k1oY8b8
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    beast21g said:

I don't get it. What are you trying to say?
    giphy.gif

• splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    i was afk on a mount when it happened.
  • beast21g

beast21g said:

I don't get it. What are you trying to say?
    @mintsummer asked to say where people was when server crashed
    i found this video and posted it
  • kev1961
    kev1961 Posts: 6 Arc User
    ANOTHER PILE OF PWI MESS UP THAT ANGERS THERE PAYING CUSTOMERS , us the players , will they refund coin 0-1 % chance , will they reset map 0-1% chance will they say its our fault were sorry 0-1% chance . They will just go on as if nothing happened putting there heads in the sand as if they are right and everyone of us that lost out due there THERE INCOMPEDENCE will have again been sharfted
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    kev1961 said:

ANOTHER PILE OF PWI MESS UP THAT ANGERS THERE PAYING CUSTOMERS , us the players , will they refund coin 0-1 % chance , will they reset map 0-1% chance will they say its our fault were sorry 0-1% chance . They will just go on as if nothing happened putting there heads in the sand as if they are right and everyone of us that lost out due there THERE INCOMPEDENCE will have again been sharfted

Scroll up and read Mintsummers post. that will show you how wrong you are.

Again, as it is generally ignored (which I cannot understand as this is really important), I have to point to the rewards we received from the Dragons Conquest event:
    jsxshadow said:

Just as a heads up: The rewards you get from this event contain 2 Items that are unusable in our version of the game.

Please check out the rewards in that link: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/33854

Both the Sovereigns Seal and theGrand Commanders Orders are useless for us. Will that also get looked into?

As some factions have won we did receive those items already. While you are testing and doing your thing with the devs then it would be wise to consider adding/changing the rewards so that they fit to our version of the game.

• hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    kev1961 said:

First of all, Spell Check? Not all of us can understand your quick typing mistakes. Secondly, did you not read anything @mintsummer just posted? All the factions will be refunded their money( for the ones that had a match decided), they can not confirm a map reset because they have to find the issue first. Although they do not have the best service it is still pretty difficult to handle these events with the staff they have. Also, where are you getting these exaggerated statistics. :/ They are obviously trying to address the issue so there is no need to post your comment here.
    Post edited by hogwarts123 on

• mtdew1
    mtdew1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    i am a wizzy was about halfway down right side of the map and tried to use force of will stone rain and frozen flame was unable to cast upon a cleric or a barb the 2 i targeted but was hit by the cleric
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCsbdZzFF1g

I was on my frog when I dc'ed. I was wearing my lucky red boxers. I had eaten half a slice of pizza. If you need me to list the toppings or any other info that may assist you in debugging what could have caused this mass DC I am happy to assist.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457