Several Suggestions that may help #1 - PvE / PvP servers

Sincerely I don't understand why all server are PvE now for the following reasons:

(a) RW is worthless now. On PvP server our goal was to kill other faction members to get their carts and now a 1hr event is limited to 10 seconds. The RW was killed.

(b) people are not worried to level because as blue named characters they are unable to be hit anywhere. As that said, why to level their gears and chars ??

Solution: Or an aliase to fix such issue in certain events or at least one of the servers should be PvP instead.

Thread by creating one PvP server the characters should be allowed to move either through a stone or through authorized request in a special website.

Just to remember, cross-server event is already possible so by creating an aliase or a special website it could be done gradually (like one season)

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Mostly because PvP servers in an aging client are ghost towns.

They merged the servers to balance the populations. The PvP servers got merged into the largest PvE servers because they had the lowest population of any server.

Long-term, a PvP server just isn't sustainable and will not continue to make money. Especially with the level of power-creep that PWI has.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • forumpsybrazil
    forumpsybrazil Posts: 6 Arc User
    Regarding the merge Sylen you are correct. I didn't have such info. Despite huge discrepance on NW. Is it possible to make RW better instead of 30 second event ?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Regarding the merge Sylen you are correct. I didn't have such info. Despite huge discrepance on NW. Is it possible to make RW better instead of 30 second event ?
    For RW it should be either a forced PvP event like the Morai event is, or you must be in PvP to participate. The latter is pretty easy if you code the mobs and such like the daily caravan is.

Sadly though, doing that will disallow 90% of the server from participating just because of the gear differences and obscene player/faction tactics. It's another one of those issues that turns up because we're the only version that has PvE mode turned on.

IMHO, they should just localize our client to make everything the same as the China version. We'd have a lot fewer bugs overall if they did that.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    All I can say is you got to make your own fun. On Etherblade the two biggest factions go at it against each other every RW for normally the whole hour. For your second point I don't see how that's accurate, gear and level progression is why one pays an mmo ( besides friends) so I dunno about that...