Cross-Server Event Time Discussion

Options

Comments

• catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    Options
    Why cross server Nw has to be hosted on Eu server >.< when 3 out of 4 servers are in NA
    I've been experiencing some lag issues and dc'ed at least 4 times in each Nw so far -.-
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    Cross server NW is hosted on the former RT server. Or at least that is what I assume since I now I have a char named "Eoria[Da]" on RT server when I go to send myself blessings.​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    I personally dont understand the complaints about the numbers in NW.

NW is kinda like TW, when you win, you dont really win anything, effectively winning doesnt matter. Even in terms of bragging rights there's not really anything to brag about.

Since our servers' economies are completely seperated ultimately it doesnt matter that some server get more tokens than others since itll directly influence the value of them.

As long as its not as bad as certain nations getting baselocked I dont really think there's any problem -shrug-

I quit going to NW cuz it was just farming people's alts on our server, now with the merge there's some actual players to compete against, this in itself is good enough for me, who cares the numbers arent even, the individual battles are still limited entry
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    catgirl33 wrote: »
    Why cross server Nw has to be hosted on Eu server >.< when 3 out of 4 servers are in NA
    I've been experiencing some lag issues and dc'ed at least 4 times in each Nw so far -.-
    It is hosted on an East Coast server.

Time is set to CET for reasons clearly outlined in my first post in this thread.

Your lag and disconnects is a separate and completely unrelated issue. Details are here, and here.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    Options
    My catashops didn't dc, but my toons in nw did :dizzy:
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • envy14591
    envy14591 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    As we all have witnessed the Cross Server Nation War, which is one of the Cross Server Events to come, here are few proposals I have in my mind which i hope would be taken into consideration, I have taken Nation War as the referral so I would like those who read to keep in mind these suggestions are in view with every other events as well.

1) Let there be Cross Server Nation War and at the same time regular Nation War at the regular timing, same for Normal TW and Cross Server TW and Normal Tournament and Cross Server Tournament, reason being is simply that quite a few of us still would like to challenge and go up against those in their respective servers, not asking 2 of each but at least 1 of each making it 2 events (one regular and one cross) in a week.

2) Let the people who obtain a set Contribution/Credit/Fighting Time/Lands/Scores in the normal events, be the ones eligible for cross server events, I would like to stress on this as it eliminates the alts (which are in huge number in all servers) from cross server events, making the events more fruitful and interesting to attend.

3) As much as there has been a debate going around with EU and US players about time zone (which has been favoured to the EU despite many opposing) and server timing for events, I would like to point out there exists the Asian & Asian Pacific time zone group of players as well who have been taken quite a blow with the new timing, I'm not here to judge but why not make a poll or an in game voting event (similar to voting your commander, let there be options CET/WestCoast/East Coast time zone @ 8:00pm since pw said they wont change the "8:00pm" part and have a poll from all the servers and favour the majority) to see which time zone is more preferred? (so far quite a few want it back to old time zone or the east coast timing from what I know).

4) Let the choosing of a Commander/Leader for Cross Server event be based on voting of the top 3 or 10 players who are leading their faction with most lands or have highest contribution for nation war or the highest individual score respective to the event,this makes it interesting as it will be a united decision based on a players skill as we all would want someone leading us in cross server event to know what he/she is doing and has earned the right to lead the server.This also shuts the people who are so judgemental on who the commander is and whether to follow or oppose him/her leading bringing about only disorder in game play and succeeding on a whole as a team.

Just like every other posts, I believe there will be negative critics, but if so please also offer a solution to the negativity found as this an effort taken to improve the gaming for everyone and same time be fair to an extent to all than just point out what is wrong.
    Post edited by envy14591 on
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    according to the new faction NPC (next to where you create factions) cross-server TW will be at the same time as saturday NW now.

dicuss.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    aphrodita wrote: »
    according to the new faction NPC (next to where you create factions) cross-server TW will be at the same time as saturday NW now.

dicuss.

>Implying they updated the text on the npc
    Do you even PWE bruh?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    update to what...
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Misread comment and my answer doesn't apply.... but apparently I can't delete this.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • bloodking82
    bloodking82 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    Hello all,

I have decided to bring back this discussion, because PWI thought it was a great idea to shuffle all the TW/NW times saying they listen to our feedback, but actually not listening at all.

Right now we have the following "prime" times:

TW Friday 20:00
    TW Saturday 17:00
    NW Saturday 20:00
    NW Sunday 20:00

I think we all agree that sunday NW is fine at 20:00
    Moving the NW from friday to saturday for the US people is fine as well.

Now the TW part,

Saturday 17:00 is NOT acceptable as first fill slot for TW. This is right smack in the middle of dinner time for all of the EU. For the US people this is 11 AM in the morning which is fine.

The time feedback thread is closed, so i can't check exactly what times were preferred most, but 100% sure this was not 1 of them.

So suggest times again people.

I'm all for a TW time after NW, for example 23:00 on saturday. That's max till 2 AM for EU people, and it's 19:00 PM for East coast people. Which is very manageable in my opinion. During the weekend later events are not that bad. Don't think the average age of PWI is so low that you can't think of these options
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hello all,

I have decided to bring back this discussion, because PWI thought it was a great idea to shuffle all the TW/NW times saying they listen to our feedback, but actually not listening at all.

Right now we have the following "prime" times:

TW Friday 20:00
    TW Saturday 17:00
    NW Saturday 20:00
    NW Sunday 20:00

I think we all agree that sunday NW is fine at 20:00
    Moving the NW from friday to saturday for the US people is fine as well.

Now the TW part,

Saturday 17:00 is NOT acceptable as first fill slot for TW. This is right smack in the middle of dinner time for all of the EU. For the US people this is 11 AM in the morning which is fine.

The time feedback thread is closed, so i can't check exactly what times were preferred most, but 100% sure this was not 1 of them.

So suggest times again people.

I'm all for a TW time after NW, for example 23:00 on saturday. That's max till 2 AM for EU people, and it's 19:00 PM for East coast people. Which is very manageable in my opinion. During the weekend later events are not that bad. Don't think the average age of PWI is so low that you can't think of these options

Just in case you didn't know, TW-times are server time-based, meaning they happen at same time for everyone according to their server times. For ex. 17:00 TW ish 6 hours later for EC (17:00 EST/23:00 CET) compared to EU(17:00 CET), and 9 hours later for WC(17:00 PST/2:00 CET) compared to EU. Only NWs happen at various times for each timezone due to NW having been bound to CET and happening on all servers simultaneously, those times being 20:20 CET/14:20 EST/11:20 PST.

So if 17:00 TW ish in middle of dinner time in EU, it's on dinner time for EC and WC too unless americans have their dinners earlier/later than europeans.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • bloodking82
    bloodking82 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    My point still stands, was thinking out of dawnglory perspective, because i think that's where most of the problems arises because of the US/EU server merge.

So regardless, the biggest fail is the saturday 17:00 time, that's just such a dumb timeslot to have an event for whatever region you are.
  • sylenthunder
    edited November 2015
    Options
    That thread is not closed at all. Moving this discussion there now.

\EDIT: Hell, it was even still on the first page of the forum.​​

​​
  • nohear
    nohear Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    What Moron thought 1 time would be good for all servers?
    There are 3 time zones and 2 nation war days.
    At the very least, make the times different for the 2 events.
    Mid day Saturday is crazy, we have lives to live; Games are played for many of us after the day winding down.
    Prindagelf
    Fail Archer
    Kindrid Member since 2009
    Prindagelf - YouTube Channel
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Try reading the multiple other topics already covering this. The time for NW can be moved, but it has to be the same on both days - it's coded that way. In addition, you have to be able to transfer to the cross server and come back to your original one on the same day or your characters get lost forever. So that forces us to be on European time, plus or minus one or two hours.

Unfortunately the west coast servers are always going to be screwed by this, and it would be better if they just did away with cross server events entirely.
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    nohear wrote: »
    What Moron thought 1 time would be good for all servers?
    There are 3 time zones and 2 nation war days.
    At the very least, make the times different for the 2 events.
    Mid day Saturday is crazy, we have lives to live; Games are played for many of us after the day winding down.
    Try reading the multiple other topics already covering this. The time for NW can be moved, but it has to be the same on both days - it's coded that way. In addition, you have to be able to transfer to the cross server and come back to your original one on the same day or your characters get lost forever. So that forces us to be on European time, plus or minus one or two hours.

Unfortunately the west coast servers are always going to be screwed by this, and it would be better if they just did away with cross server events entirely.
    Moved it into the correct thread.

I mean it was on the second page of GD after all, and it's not like anyone can be bothered to look past the first three non-stickied topics in GD before they post. normal-47.gifnormal-37.gif​​

​​
  • peterprus
    peterprus Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    NW times need to be moved again. The game is now making it very convenient for the European Shard and inconvenient for the US Shards. That is also why the EU server has over 320 more players going into NW which makes the whole thing a very one sided story. Many players in the US have even stopped going to NW because of this unfair situation. The GMs forget that in the US many people unfortunately have to work on the weekends unlike most Europeans who mostly do not work Sundays. NW times are Saturday and Sunday at 2pm server time for the East Coast, which makes it almost impossible for most to go NW. I suggest either you fix one time slot back lets say Saturday since most EU folks don't have to work Sunday and leave Sunday as is. Or put in a player limit of 400. So one faction does not overpower the others by sheer numbers. Or if that cannot be done, take the cross server thing out and put it back the way it was.
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    Options
    peterprus wrote: »
    NW times need to be moved again. The game is now making it very convenient for the European Shard and inconvenient for the US Shards. That is also why the EU server has over 320 more players going into NW which makes the whole thing a very one sided story. Many players in the US have even stopped going to NW because of this unfair situation. The GMs forget that in the US many people unfortunately have to work on the weekends unlike most Europeans who mostly do not work Sundays. NW times are Saturday and Sunday at 2pm server time for the East Coast, which makes it almost impossible for most to go NW. I suggest either you fix one time slot back lets say Saturday since most EU folks don't have to work Sunday and leave Sunday as is. Or put in a player limit of 400. So one faction does not overpower the others by sheer numbers. Or if that cannot be done, take the cross server thing out and put it back the way it was.

yea you work on sundays too right

#excuses

only countries that do work on sundays are arabic countries since their "sunday" its the saturday

and for your information Da has tons of NA players, that are steadily attending NWs, unlike you guys 4Head.pngPJSalt.png​​
  • peterprus
    Options
    NW times need to be moved. The game is now making it very convenient for the European Shard and inconvenient for the US Shards. That is also why the EU server has over 320 more players going into NW which makes the whole thing a very one sided story. Many people have even stopped going to NW because of this unfair situation. The GMs forget that in the US many people unfortunately have to work on the weekends unlike Europeans who mostly do not work Sundays. NW times are Saturday and Sunday at 2pm server time which makes it almost impossible for most to go NW. I suggest either you fix one time slot back lets say Saturday since most EU folks don't have to work Sunday and leave Sunday as is. Or put in a player limit of 400. So one faction does not overpower the others by sheer numbers. Or if that cannot be done, take the cross server thing out and put it back the way it was.
  • peterprus
    edited December 2015
    Options

#excuses

only countries that do work on sundays are arabic countries since their "sunday" its the saturday

and for your information Da has tons of NA players, that are steadily attending NWs, unlike you guys 4Head.pngPJSalt.png​​

Are you serious? Where do you live in the world? Common knowledge man. Of course people work in the US on Sundays. We have 24hr open shops, pharmacies, every store is open here on Sundays. Just because EU has everything closed down on Sundays, doesn't mean that the whole world is doing it.. That is also why it wouldn't hurt you guys to NW at 2am in the morning again :)

On top of that the EU server was created long time after the US Shards existed, so the US Shards should naturally have priority in this situation.
  • nohear
    nohear Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    capnk said:

This is a fail excuse used by PWI, it does not have to be at the same time, this is only to make it convenient for them.

Prindagelf
    Fail Archer
    Kindrid Member since 2009
    Prindagelf - YouTube Channel
  • limonazza
    Options

#excuses

and for your information Da has tons of NA players, that are steadily attending NWs, unlike you guys

Are you serious? Where do you live in the world? Common knowledge man. Of course people work in the US on Sundays. We have 24hr open shops, pharmacies, every store is open here on Sundays. Just because EU has everything closed down on Sundays, doesn't mean that the whole world is doing it.. That is also why it wouldn't hurt you guys to NW at 2am in the morning again :)

On top of that the EU server was created long time after the US Shards existed, so the US Shards should naturally have priority in this situation.

USA is a Christian predominant country (still) right?

Sunday is supposed to be the day off as in every other part of world except muslim countries.

Unless you live in Vegas​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Unfortunately, they had to set the timezone on CET otherwise there were problems with the process of transferring characters to the cross-server NW and back. Also, since NW is hard coded for 8:20 pm server time, they can't change the time unless the developers in China decide to change it.​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    limonazza said:

#excuses

and for your information Da has tons of NA players, that are steadily attending NWs, unlike you guys

USA is a Christian predominant country (still) right?

Sunday is supposed to be the day off as in every other part of world except muslim countries.

Unless you live in Vegas​​

we go to church on sundays during nw times
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    limonazza wrote: »

#excuses

and for your information Da has tons of NA players, that are steadily attending NWs, unlike you guys 4Head.pngPJSalt.png
    Umm, you've heard of retail right? The retail industry is huge, and they don't not work on Sunday. The food industry works on Sunday. In fact, just about the only people who don't work on Sunday are corporate industries or bankers, and even then, the Bureau statistics show that they still end up working on Sunday about 35% of the time.

How do you think all the stores, restaurants, hotels, businesses stay open 7 days a week? They most certainly don't run themselves.
    That was a pretty stupid comment limonazza.

The real point is that it's right smack in the middle of the day. Which is when we are spending time doing more important things like spending time with our family, going to church, or taking care of the business that we couldn't do during the week while we were working. This is why having it at night, after our normal day is typically over for the majority of people, (just like it is for EU), was the best. (Personally though, the old time was too late.)​​

​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,811 Community Moderator
    Options
    they should just make it so it mixes people up.

Would solve the time issue for the fact one server always has more numbers. Mind looking at it like that im sure other problems would come up ... Rite...​​
  • limonazza
    Options
    well tonight the 3 NA nations ganked the EU one and the outcome wasnt that much different from usual

gg wellp? PJSalt.png4Head.png​​
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Which is when we are spending time doing more important things like going to church

i just had to. does church really occour at 2pm? and its really important? really?... okay.

Anyways i see soooooo many people that QQ in the forums about "DUH I CANT ATTENT IM GONNA QUIT DUUUH" (hello some seeker who shat tears out so the world has one full river again... NK... hue) so the time can not be a problem.
    People just QQ and see it as "we are the mustard race of PWI so it has to be in out timezone and fit out needs".

I like the times that was and its comfortable to go to NW and not be a huge struggle looking at the clock at 2am thinking im going to bed at 4.30am... especially when you have work mondays so sunday would be impossible to go to.

BUT we had this over and over and over again and i really hope the GMs wont listen to the stupid QQ again and ignore this once and for all.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sanguinesin
    sanguinesin Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Time Zones seem to be the least of the problems with this cross-server ****. If you insist on continuing it, which I can understand wanting to include all the players in events, but at least make it more fair to all invovled. As it stands Da (no matter what nation they are assigned) will always win simply because of the sheer numbers game.

My suggestion for a solution: Instead of assigning one nation per server, divvy up all the players randomly into the four nations once they logged in, like they used to. We have to go into a cross- server screen before entering the Nation Wars screen now anyway, why not give it a real purpose and use it to assign nations to all who enter at that point. It would make the numbers a lot more even and allow server strangers to work together instead of having middle school QQ/Insult fest over cross server horns as the main enterntainment since as it is the biggest population is a shoe in to win. Put a little bit of mystery and excitement back into the event.

Nobody really cares about a war that has a predetermined outcome every week...This is Nation Wars not Professional Wrestling.