Cross-Server Event Time Suggestions

Options
sylenthunder
sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
OK, lets take a vote.

When do you feel would be a good timing for the major events?

mintsummer stated that they were having issues with the Cross-Server NW timing because of CET and the way the server handles time indexes. They're open to our feedback, so I figured I'd get us started in the right direction.

Please post your ideas in CET time.

Here is an example based on West Coast server events using CET time.

Territory Wars Times for PST are 09:00-11:59, 14:00-16:59, 20:00-22:59
*Technically, this is Sunday morning in CET

Cross-Server TW (Battle For Treasure Island) **As far as I am aware, we do not have a hard schedule set for this event currently.

Nation Wars (now Cross-Server)
If you don't have a suggestion and just want to chat about it, please use the "Cross-Server Event Time Discussion" thread please.​​
582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
​​
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by sylenthunder on

Comments

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    I like all those times but the muricans have a huge issue with it i guess. hope they dont change it again to times where is occurs at 2am in EU.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    razzzza wrote: »
    I like all those times but the muricans have a huge issue with it i guess. hope they dont change it again to times where is occurs at 2am in EU.
    I think that's what they are trying to avoid. I'll update the OP later with a more accurate schedule. I just pulled numbers off the top of my head atm.​​

​​
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    Options
    Thank you @sylenthunder . Since Nation War and Battle for Treasure Island are cross- server, please also state the time zone when you post your suggestion.
    Example
    Nation War:
    Friday CET 20:10
    Sunday CET 20:10
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    For NW the only fair thing would be to pick a little Friday night for the USA and Sunday morning for the USA. That way both Europe and USA get to experience it. It would suck to have nothing scheduled for Friday night. I do not want to go outside my house and be social!! DON'T MAKE ME
    m5arXCN.png
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Below is my suggestion, and all times are in CET

Territory Wars

Saturday CET 02:00, 11:00
    Sunday CET 02:00, 11:00

Cross-Server TW (Battle For Treasure Island)
    Saturday CET 18:00

Nation Wars (now Cross-Server)
    Friday CET 11:10
    Sunday CET 18:10

This makes it fair for both EU and US people because,

TW - One is 02:00 for EU and the other is 05:00 (East) / 02:00 (West) for US

NW - Again, one is 11:10 for EU which is 17:10(East) / 14:10(West)- US people will need to at least hurry back home if they can make it for some of NW

Since Cross server TW is on a saturday, 18:00 seems fair for both the regional players.

This is what I could think of.

Also, while you are at this - please fix the goddamn TRW times for Dawnglory, with all this PVP contect and none of us US people get inkdragon blood because this event happens at 14:10 on a wednesday / thursday while we be at work / school (PLEASE LET TRW HAPPEN TWICE, ONCE IN 20:00 AND ANOTHER 02:00 SO BOTH REGION PPL CAN GET THEIR STUFF)
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Ok, I updated the OP with current event times for the West Coast servers in CET times. After doing that, I can see how hard it is to figure out when the best time to have these events are. If you count the full 3 hours for each TW timeslot, it takes up practically the whole day, and having events not be directly back-to-back is rather difficult.
    I additionally added WorldTimeBuddy links to make it easier for people to see how each slot lands across the three different server times.

Something else to keep in mind is that this problem with scheduling, is pretty much limited to our version of the client. China servers are all on the same time zone.​​

​​
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    i think everyone so far has hit the nail on the head. cant do NW at the same time both days. Fri's event has to be later at night(which is earlier in the morning for CET), and sunday to me at least can be left as it is.
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    Options
    I am from Dawnglory and the time slots was made for us but to be honest, there is two days of NW. Why dont do one day who suits other server and one day for us?
    For example, Friday 8:00pm PST and Sunday 8:00pm CET ?
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Legit times imo:

Friday Cross-Server Nation Wars: 09.00 PM CET

Saturday Territory War Times: unchanged for all servers
    Sunday Territory War Times: unchanged for all servers
    Monday Territory War Times: unchanged for all servers

Sunday Bloody Treasure Island Cross-Server Territory War: 06.00 PM CET
    Sunday Cross-Server Nation Wars: 09.00 PM CET

This will work!!! Because you won't need to get crazy trying to adjust all west - east - EU time slots for territory wars to adapt at cross-server events schedule​​
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    Options
    I wasnt aware of the problems with the EST and PST times when i orginally thought of this idea, but it works with. Going off of bankers hours(9am-5pm) for peoples work schedules, which yes i do realize noone actually works these, the times i thought of for Cross Server NW are:
    Friday Cross Server NW: 4pm PST, 7pm EST, 1am CET
    Normal Same server tws: time doesnt change
    Cross Server TW: 11pm CET, 5pm EST, 2pm PST (hope im doing these conversions right) since its a weekend i dont think anyone will be affected very much
    Sunday Cross Server NW:2pm PST, 5pm EST, 11pm CET
    Monday same server tws: again time doesnt change
    Someone will say that i hate EU people with my times. No, i dont. **** it, yes i do. i want yall to wake up monday morning be tired as hell and go to work anyway.

ok sarcasm and spite aside.
    No i dont hate you EU people. if anything, with these times i hate PST. I do realize yall may have to stay up later then usual. boohoo. honestly, other then setting this at 7pm EST and working everything around that, this is the best thing i could think of to do. im also trying to keep yall from doing this at ridiculous times, like 3am(was a possibility).
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Options

Lets make it 5pm west coast because it is a Friday and even EU players stay up past midnight on Fridays. They can easily participate in NW still even when it is late.

For the Sunday time we can make it 8am because less people work on Sundays and alternate times allows for everyone to participate. The fact that EU had doubled the numbers of every other nation forces whoever they focus to lose immediately.

Also, make this an east coast server not an EU. You realize more of your users live in the US and not the EU. The ping disadvantage and time disadvantage is ridiculous.

NW:
    Friday: 02:00-05:00 CET (Because it is a Friday and us nerds can stay up past midnight without worry.)
    Sunday: 17:00-20:00 CET (Because it is morning time for west coast and evening for east coast and it is a Sunday)
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Seeing as how my last post was moved or deleted, I will just say this.

Keep event times as they are, get rid of cross server events. It has already shown it causes more problems then it is worth. Unless they make all servers run on same time zone.
    NGTUy53.png

• yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    Options
    Maybe its better to run both nw's on the same day (friday). An early time which would be better for east cost/EU attendees and a later scheduled one which which benefit those on the west.

A time convenient for all is very difficult but since nw runs twice a week so maybe an early and later time is a better option?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Gotta be fair I was not happy with it @ 4am. but it was playable.

Now 7PM so yes still playable but not alwayz about when that happens.

I gave up with this long ago. as they cant change the times for these events as to run two different times. Something PWCN and the Devs really need to work on for PWI.​​
  • shadowpadden#0779
    shadowpadden#0779 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    I can't play on Friday because I work in Real Life at that time. And I don't think I will play on Sunday because of the lack of reward, the cost of repairs and charms, and being left in PK mode for 8 hours after. This is a real bummer since they took out the other NW without saying that would happen.

I enjoyed NW before but I am very disappointed with this new one. I would like to see the "normal" NW come back with the option to do either/or in a day. But I would also like to see the times made more convenient for east coast players as well. It was hard for me to play on Sunday night because it lasted till 1:20 am for EST. And again, I have to work on Monday and Friday. Now it will be impossible for me to get tokens to make mats that I might need and the price for those items will go up drastically since there are about 4 times the players in the new NW and the tokens that are divided didn't increase.

BTW, I started playing PWI when there were only west coast servers available.
  • mazumii1987
    mazumii1987 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    why not go back to original times...less QQ least
    HOW WE ROLL IN DREAMWEAVER
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]