Odd Error

Options
sylenthunder
sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Windows 10 Compatibility Discussion.
582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
​​
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• eilema76
    eilema76 Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Bonjour a tous , en esperant que des fr vont lire ce post ! Petit soucis, rien a voir avec Windows 10, mais impossible de lancer PWI, quand je le lance une fenetre avec des symboles bizarres apparait, je ne sais plus quoi faire, j'ai essayé de changer la résolution du pc, j'ai désinstallé et ré-installé arc ainsi que le jeu, mais rien ne change. Est il arrivé la même chose a l'un d'entre vous, et si oui avez vous la solution svp car la je suis a court d'idées !! AIDEZ MOI SVP !!
    Bisous bisous les gamers !
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    eilema76 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, hoping that these fr will read this post! Small worries, nothing to do with Windows 10, but impossible to launch PWI when I run a window with strange symbols appear, I do not know what to do, I tried to change the resolution of the pc, I uninstalled and re-installed arc and the game, but nothing changes. Is the same thing happened to one of you, and whether you have the solution please because I was running out of ideas !! PLEASE HELP ME !!
    Kisses Kisses gamers!
    You do need to post in English on these forums. I took your post through Google Translate and also moved your post into it's own thread since it's not related to the one you posted in.

Sounds like you're getting either the DirectX error, or the corrupt texture files error. I cover that HERE in my sticky thread that I strongly reccomend reading thuroughly before posting for help.

Vous avez besoin de poster en anglais sur ces forums. Je pris votre poste via Google Translate et aussi ému votre poste dans son propre filet car il est pas lié à celui que vous avez postés.

On dirait que vous obtenez soit l'erreur DirectX ou les corrompus erreur des fichiers de texture. Je couvre que ici, dans mon fil collant que je recommande vivement la lecture à fond avant de poster de l'aide.

Sorry, but I dunno where to stick the hyperlinks at in French.​​

​​
  • nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Sylen, I know this error because when I was making my "Arc XP" program, this problem occurred. The reason for this error is that the game is not being launched from its directory. It tries to use relative paths from the launch location instead of relative paths from "elementclient.exe" causing this issue to happen.

As an example, assuming that PWI is installed at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element"
    • Launch from "C:\" and it will try looking for "configs.pck" at "C:\configs.pck"
    cd C:\
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" arc:1 startbypatcher

• Launch from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\" and it will try looking for "configs.pck" at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\configs.pck"
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\"
    start elementclient.exe arc:1 startbypatcher

This sounds like what the person is talking about, but I don't know French so my guess is only as good as Google is at translating.​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    nrglg wrote: »
    Sylen, I know this error because when I was making my "Arc XP" program, this problem occurred. The reason for this error is that the game is not being launched from its directory. It tries to use relative paths from the launch location instead of relative paths from "elementclient.exe" causing this issue to happen.

As an example, assuming that PWI is installed at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element"
    • Launch from "C:\" and it will try looking for "configs.pck" at "C:\configs.pck"
    cd C:\
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" arc:1 startbypatcher

• Launch from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\" and it will try looking for "configs.pck" at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\configs.pck"
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\"
    start elementclient.exe arc:1 startbypatcher

This sounds like what the person is talking about, but I don't know French so my guess is only as good as Google is at translating.

Yeah, all we can go on is Google Translate. The most common is that error for DX9 though, or at least it has been for a couple years. Before that it was corrupt textures.​​

​​