For those of you who don't believe me... Yes. I am Leveling on Etherblade.

Options
2»

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Like I've said earlier in my introduction thread... I have a different type of management style. Now I still need permission to join factions and everything, BUT I feel that the best way to affect change is to not hide it. I'm vocal, and I refrain from using GM characters whenever I can. Because wheres the fun in omnipotence? There is none. I like playing, so I'll play. :)

To be honest as a person in a position such as you, you should refrain from joining anything related to team-based performance (speaking about TW/NW), because you will get **** for it because you have the option to use GM related items. Not saying you would, but you really have to consider the community you are managing, and this is a really butthurt fast community.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Like I've said earlier in my introduction thread... I have a different type of management style. Now I still need permission to join factions and everything, BUT I feel that the best way to affect change is to not hide it. I'm vocal, and I refrain from using GM characters whenever I can. Because wheres the fun in omnipotence? There is none. I like playing, so I'll play. :)

To be honest as a person in a position such as you, you should refrain from joining anything related to team-based performance (speaking about TW/NW), because you will get **** for it because you have the option to use GM related items. Not saying you would, but you really have to consider the community you are managing, and this is a really butthurt fast community.

Actually, on a regular non-GM toon, no he cannot.
    He cannot gift his toon items, coins, gold, or GM gear.
    At least, not according to the rules PWE keeps, assuming that they are paying attention to them anymore. Activity of GM owned accounts used to be pretty closely monitored. This is the case in most large MMO's.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options

To be honest as a person in a position such as you, you should refrain from joining anything related to team-based performance (speaking about TW/NW), because you will get **** for it because you have the option to use GM related items. Not saying you would, but you really have to consider the community you are managing, and this is a really butthurt fast community.

At least, not according to the rules PWE keeps, assuming that they are paying attention to them anymore. Activity of GM owned accounts used to be pretty closely monitored. This is the case in most large MMO's.

Yes, but we're talking about the community of PWI here, do you think they will know, even better; care, about this?
    You also know that it will bring some threads with people screaming outrage if they see a CM/GM enter TW even if it were to be with a character that has no GM related powers, simply because they can, and -possibly- show favoritism (members of the faction he is in would get special treatment, etc.), I can tell you now that this will happen.
    I am not saying he will do that, for his own sake he shouldn't, but again; PWI community.

We've seen rage threads for a lot less.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    One of our core problems with PWE has always been that they are noobs as they don't play the game. So it's great to see here we have a CM willing to spend time playing and learning the game, sure it will take him a while to get to a stage that most of the rest of the community is at, but who knows he may discover things that he could change to help new players get into the game in the meanwhile.

Let's be realistic he won't be entering TW anytime soon and I would strongly advise against joining one of the top 5 TW factions on the server, ever.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options

Good attitude. It'll give you a clear view of the problems in the community, maybe something'll finally be done about it. I'm not holding my breath anymore however... I've taken a break from PWI and am finding -not- playing more fun then playing there.
    Heck, roam around a bit once you're past level 90 in Moma/Loth and you'll see the mining bots at work there. Feel free to not refrain from heavy handed GM power usage against those (and -especially- the characters they supply).
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    Options
    Please if you do come on TT server leave worldchat alone. Fix everything else, but most of us love the idiocy and vulgarity of WC, well i do.
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Options
    @thenamesdomino

Glad to know you play on servers to manage things, but Dawnglory is one server where US ppl have been forced to play in EU times. I believe you are from the US, and it would be great to see you play on Dawnglory to see the horrible ping / crappy event times that we face. This should give you an idea on how fast a fix is required for the US players in Dawnglory server

If you need to fix something, you need to be able to be the one facing the issues as well.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    kyoske said:

Please if you do come on TT server leave worldchat alone. Fix everything else, but most of us love the idiocy and vulgarity of WC, well i do.

Only to a point though. There are some things that should never be posted on WC. Vulgar and idiocy is fun to watch and troll but when it gets too personal or borders on real life criminal deviance I will draw the line there.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    rocky19 wrote: »
    @thenamesdomino

Glad to know you play on servers to manage things, but Dawnglory is one server where US ppl have been forced to play in EU times. I believe you are from the US, and it would be great to see you play on Dawnglory to see the horrible ping / crappy event times that we face. This should give you an idea on how fast a fix is required for the US players in Dawnglory server

If you need to fix something, you need to be able to be the one facing the issues as well.

He has already said he will add this to his things to be addressed and asked that you just give him time. Repeating over and over wont help. Just to add as well. What about all the people who have faced this since the game began. Hold tight and we will all hope this will be a thing of the past.
    ​​
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Options
    heero200 said:

What about all the people who have faced this since the game began. ​​

If this had happened to any EU server, as in merge them into US timezone then it would be the same case, totally unfair.

But the scenario was different. When the game started, there were no EU servers and I'll be honest, I wouldn't have even invested my time into a game where I have a server in US whilst am in the EU, period.

The difference now is, we all invested time and money into the game after which we got screwed over. Its upto PWI if they wana fix this or not, first quater of 2016 marks release of 2 most anticipated games, if there is not a fix for this yet atleast all the HL would drain into dem games if they still play PWI.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    rocky19 wrote: »
    What about all the people who have faced this since the game began.

If this had happened to any EU server, as in merge them into US timezone then it would be the same case, totally unfair.

But the scenario was different. When the game started, there were no EU servers and I'll be honest, I wouldn't have even invested my time into a game where I have a server in US whilst am in the EU, period.

The difference now is, we all invested time and money into the game after which we got screwed over. Its upto PWI if they wana fix this or not, first quater of 2016 marks release of 2 most anticipated games, if there is not a fix for this yet atleast all the HL would drain into dem games if they still play PWI.

Same thing with events as im saying If they had EU servers when I started playing I would be on that one. In some cases Im sure this helped some people. yes it made it hard for others. Its your choice to play this regardless of server location this is not such a HUGE issue that you cant play at all. NW is 4AM for me I just go to bed a little earlier. On a last note making quotes about people leaving the game because of this well it happens all the time. You can argue all you want over this but if your gonna take players out of a server you have to put them back in to that server or your be back to low numbers. Its not just one thing its a lot of info and im would guess a lot of well meetings gonna happen over this. I also say PWE will track server numbers.
    ​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    On a last note making quotes about people leaving the game because of this well it happens all the time.

People forget, there is a sizeable portion of players who are not located in USA who play on USA servers. USA is not the only place where players come from to play pwi. The rest of us mortals make do with what ever time zone we get.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    dblazen1 said:

At least, not according to the rules PWE keeps, assuming that they are paying attention to them anymore. Activity of GM owned accounts used to be pretty closely monitored. This is the case in most large MMO's.

Yes, but we're talking about the community of PWI here, do you think they will know, even better; care, about this?

You also know that it will bring some threads with people screaming outrage if they see a CM/GM enter TW even if it were to be with a character that has no GM related powers, simply because they can, and -possibly- show favoritism (members of the faction he is in would get special treatment, etc.), I can tell you now that this will happen.

I am not saying he will do that, for his own sake he shouldn't, but again; PWI community.

I'm sure it will be played safe. People will always find something to moan about. Finally managed to get on line last night for 5 mins all looked calm to me. Gotta say this could be the right way to go. Its gonna be a lot of work to start with. But will level out. Mostly because we have had no cm or GMs in game for a while.
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    dblazen1 said:

I'm sure it will be played safe. People will always find something to moan about. Finally managed to get on line last night for 5 mins all looked calm to me. Gotta say this could be the right way to go. Its gonna be a lot of work to start with. But will level out. Mostly because we have had no cm or GMs in game for a while.