The great server merge and utter downfall of PWI and the support service

Options
kitaoujix
kitaoujix Posts: 34 Arc User
So I've been away from the game for some time and after returning I notice that the servers were merged. It was weird but acceptable. Then I notice that my main character in Harshlands got its name changed to NashieHL even though I was also "owner" of the character Nashie in Morai... but I couldn't change the name because I didn't login in the specific time to get the identity stone thing. Which is fine I guess but then I notice that one of my characters completely disappeared. It wasn't much but it was a considerably high lvl assassin named Kerryn.
I submitted a ticket about the identity stone thing and I got told that I would have to buy the identity stone, which is understandable... but I've also got told that I had no toons named Kerryn in my account and that it could have been a different account.
I know damn well I had an assassin as my second highest level character and I know damn well which under account it was and which server... and it is simply gone.
Has anyone encountered this problem and managed to solve it?
I don't know why I'm creating this thread I mean if a support employee can't help no one can, but doesn't hurt to try anyway.

/I swear I've been so done with this game ever since the very first s***** anniversary packs.

Comments

• axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Options
    I honestly haven't heard of a single legitimate case of a character disappearing from an account due to this merge. If your character list is "full" (8 characters), check to see if there are up/down arrows along the left side that you can use to scroll.
  • kitaoujix
    Options
    There are up/down arrows, but my assassin still isn't there. All the support keeps telling me is that there is no character under the name Kerryn in my account but ffs I'm not crazy. It was my damn second highest level character. I played with it a little less than 2 months ago to show off to my boyfriend who I was just introducing to this game.
    This is really disappointing.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    axel320 wrote: »
    I honestly haven't heard of a single legitimate case of a character disappearing from an account due to this merge. If your character list is "full" (8 characters), check to see if there are up/down arrows along the left side that you can use to scroll.
    I'm only aware of this occurring in one instance.
    Said person had more than 8 characters on Morai from when the Europe servers merged. After the second merge, they lost the 9th toon from the Morai server but retained all the previous listed toons.

After some work with the support staff, though they were unable to receive the character back, we did manage to get her properly compensated for the levels, items, and gear that were on that lost toon.

I've heard a bunch of cases of people thinking they lost characters, but all of them turned out to either having chosen the incorrect server, or failed to see the arrows.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kitaoujix
    Options
    In the server Morai I had a bunch of lvl 1 characters that I created to save their name. (I know... horrible) but anyway.
    I do see the arrows and I have 16 characters in the account. I have all the characters I created in the Morai server and most of my Harshlands characters. With the exception of my assassin... I thought I would have to delete one or two characters for my assassin to "show up" but apparently, according to support, I have no characters under the name Kerryn.
  • axel320
    Options
    kitaoujix said:

In the server Morai I had a bunch of lvl 1 characters that I created to save their name. (I know... horrible) but anyway.
    I do see the arrows and I have 16 characters in the account. I have all the characters I created in the Morai server and most of my Harshlands characters. With the exception of my assassin... I thought I would have to delete one or two characters for my assassin to "show up" but apparently, according to support, I have no characters under the name Kerryn.

If you have 16 characters on Dawnglory... did you have more than 8 characters on Morai pre-merge (due to creating them before the European servers were merged)? If so, it's possible you're looking at an issue similar to what Sylen indicated.

If your Morai toons were not created on Momoganon and Lothranis, then it's impossible for the missing toon to have been on that account on HL if you have sixteen characters on Dawnglory.

• cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    kitaoujix wrote: »

You have 16 already? Then you had 8 on Morai and 8 on Harshlands, which is the maximum amount of characters already, then where is your sin supposed to fit?​​
    DeffyNature
  • kitaoujix
    Options
    I did have them before Morai. The names I had saved are names like Kasumi and Medusa and Chi, etc etc. I created them as soon as the servers were born because they would be highly looked-for names.
  • axel320
    Options
    kitaoujix said:

I did have them before Morai. The names I had saved are names like Kasumi and Medusa and Chi, etc etc. I created them as soon as the servers were born because they would be highly looked-for names.

In that case, Sylen may or may not be able to help you as he did the previous case -- but realize that support has been really off their rocker lately. Hopefully the fact that we now actually have a CM will help.
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    kitaoujix wrote: »

Hmmm, I thinking of something, but not sure if it's possible from a technical point of view- could you have created the new characters too fast filling your list to the max before they properly exported the data of your sin, and when they did, it didn't have an open space for it anymore? I'm still having trouble understanding how you had 16 characters and are still missing one, though, so I'm simple making an uneducated guess.
    As I said, I have no idea if that is even possible, but since you have a full 16 char list maybe the data got lost and they aren't seeing it anymore because it went poof and they're not capable enough to properly detect said problem.​​
    DeffyNature
  • kitaoujix
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Maybe... It wasn't the only character I lost though. I have also lost the noob mystic I had created when I came back to the game to play with my friend.

http://postimg.org/image/s3hi44x8b/

But it isn't nearly as important as the assassin was because it only got to lvl 15+ so I don't really care much about it. Maybe I did have too many characters after the european server merge and now the Harshlands and Morai. I didn't even think about it because I didn't play in the european servers and I got caught offguard with this new Harshlands - Morai merge.
    I wonder if it is possible to check when my friend created the character and confirm that I did have Rureon too before the merge just to realize that this could indeed have happened.

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Many of the charms given out recently are timed, expiring after a month.
  • kitaoujix
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Support keeps telling me the same thing over and over again... like thanks but we've checked for the character of "Kerryn" and didn't find any that were a Lv80 Assassin on the Dawn Glory server. For your current account, the highest level character is listed as "NashieHL". If you had created other accounts, please let us know bla bla bla

and I'm here really trying to understand what part of "My character disappeared after the merge" that they don't get it.