About surtr and Sparkie too.

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
So since surtr was the one that was posting Official Maintenance Discussion thread and in the last month we had no Official Maintenance Discussion threads I wonder what happened with him? Could he be gone same as Sparkie? And if he is gone was he fire or left by his own will. And if he was fired what caused PW to fire him? And if he just left what make him left? Well I guess the above questions will be left without answers.
And if he still a Perfect World Employee ignore the above questions.
But the above question remains in Sparkie case. Would could have caused the fire of him or what could have made him leave.
giphy.gif

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I'm pretty sure surtr is still around, but too just busy with his/her own projects to always assist here.

Sparkie left, likely due to the fact that he was way overworked. I mean, he went from Arc dev, to Arc dev/PWI CM, to supporting Arc and 4 or 5 titles. PWE just likes to run the good people into the ground as near as I can tell. They either move onto a different product, or a different company entirely.

So far as I'm aware, the only CM to ever get fired was eatswithspoons, and that's because he was telling us things PWE did not want him to. (They even removed some of it from the forums.)

If you saw what they paid for the position, you'd see exactly why we have so much trouble keeping anyone around. Sparkie may have been paid a bit more since he started out as a dev for Arc, but I doubt it was very much. I made the same kind of money doing my college internship, but had better hours.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    maybe pwe should hire the correct amount of people to fill all the positions and jobs they have appropriately and start acting like a real company. Hell they are making millions every year from this game alone whats 30k to them....
    inb4 this comment is randomly removed cause they don't like hearing the truth about their frugality.
    P.S. their current path in choosing not to support their titles properly with the correct amount of staff will be their undoing. So many people are quitting due to the obvious lack of care, structure, updates, etc that pwi exhibits on a daily basis. If I had to make an assumption, this is probably universal across most if not all their titles.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

maybe pwe should hire the correct amount of people to fill all the positions and jobs they have appropriately and start acting like a real company. Hell they are making millions every year from this game alone whats 30k to them....

inb4 this comment is randomly removed cause they don't like hearing the truth about their frugality.

P.S. their current path in choosing not to support their titles properly with the correct amount of staff will be their undoing. So many people are quitting due to the obvious lack of care, structure, updates, etc that pwi exhibits on a daily basis. If I had to make an assumption, this is probably universal across most if not all their titles.​​

And I am here wondering why many people keep giving them money?
    giphy.gif

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    In any point it don't make sense. In my area if something keeps happening like people leaving then I'll review the hours n job roll and even pay. I do not how best to fix this. But gotta say the community is doing rather well without gm input. Still would be nice @sylenthunder I'm working on a post for time zone mant. Would you be able to sticky it plz when its up. Know we have a bit of time I'm just to far in front.

Thanks.
  • sylenthunder
    heero200 wrote: »
    In any point it don't make sense. In my area if something keeps happening like people leaving then I'll review the hours n job roll and even pay. I do not how best to fix this. But gotta say the community is doing rather well without gm input. Still would be nice @sylenthunder I'm working on a post for time zone mant. Would you be able to sticky it plz when its up. Know we have a bit of time I'm just to far in front.

Thanks.
    Agreed, but PWE has been this way for ages. I applied for CM once, and was even a serious candidate for it. Right up until I found out 1. What they paid, and 2. they expected me to move to San Jose. It's like they've never heard of telecommuting.

@heero200 When I see it, I'll sticky it. Unless one of out other wonderful mods beats me to it. samurai-42.gif​​

​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    2. they expected me to move to San Jose.

I would have expected CM duties to be easily workable via internet. Meetings could be attended via skype, updates through emails, and you carry on the cm duties through what ever portal/software people at pwe use (if they use a portal for internal stuff).

Let's hope the next cm is not driven away by the zeal we show on the forums onion-20.gif​​
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    What is also amusing is the lack of proper intelligent GMs responding to tickets. They seem to not even READ an entire ticket, just what they want to from it, and reply to that part of the ticket. This is very sad.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    What is also amusing is the lack of proper intelligent GMs responding to tickets. They seem to not even READ an entire ticket, just what they want to from it, and reply to that part of the ticket. This is very sad.

^this

massive lay offs happen and yet they have someone like Navi in the staff, which is damageing the company himself by laying unnecessary bans to an already in decline playerbase​​
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    honestly, navi is doing what PWE/Arc(whatever it is nowadays) should have been doing in the first place.
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    First post :D
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    It's almost depressing to come to forums anymore, when all you see are posts discussing just how screwed up the game is and knowing it will never get better.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    It's almost depressing to come to forums anymore, when all you see are posts discussing just how screwed up the game is and knowing it will never get better.

Imagine when we do finally get a new CM, and they come to read the forums....
    fish-36.gifegg-24.gif​​

​​
  • limonazza
    edited October 2015
    honestly, navi is doing what PWE/Arc(whatever it is nowadays) should have been doing in the first place.

-snip-

if we strictly apply ToS 95% of PWI playerbase should get permabanned for account sharing, because it's common use -snip-

now what you wanna do PWE? ban the 95% of your playerbase? Or just allow it as it was allowed by the previous non-Arc staff, which actually had functioning brains and clever reasoning

-snip-

leave the players alone, the few ones that are resisting in this game and community have to NOT get constantly mobbed and vexed by this new brainless deliver of bans, especially players that invested big money in here​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • nanu9954
    nanu9954 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    So we are playing a dead game without GMs. Nice.
  • heerohex#3018
    heero200 wrote: »

Thanks.
    Agreed, but PWE has been this way for ages. I applied for CM once, and was even a serious candidate for it. Right up until I found out 1. What they paid, and 2. they expected me to move to San Jose. It's like they've never heard of telecommuting.

@heero200 When I see it, I'll sticky it. Unless one of out other wonderful mods beats me to it. samurai-42.gif​​

Well. They would have more options. I looked into it but the location put me off. Can't be an easy job.

Makes u wonder. Forums seam quieter lately. Or guess that's just me.

I wonder if its a temp roll they use. Would explain things a little more.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    limonazza said:

which is what? ban 20-30 key players out of a 400 "factor" playerbase?

which means the friends of those 20-30 will soon lose their will to play as well, and the inducted loss in playerbase is gigantic?

if we strictly apply ToS 95% of PWI playerbase should get permabanned for account sharing, because it's common use and it's even requested by the game itself for certain instances (f.e. multiclient pv openers with a third part that logs your openers since you have to be on your main clearing the instance)

now what you wanna do PWE? ban the 95% of your playerbase? Or just allow it as it was [Redacted] allowed by the previous non-Arc staff, which actually had functioning brains and clever reasoning

and no Navi is not doing a good job, he banned players i've playing with for the past 5 years, with no option for them to return, for a motive that was by the way always allowed by the previous PWE staff

leave the players alone, the few ones that are resisting in this game and community have to NOT get constantly mobbed and vexed by this new brainless deliver of bans, especially players that invested big money in here​​

If he banned everybody breaking ToS, he would indeed be doing his job. Right now he picks small minority of ppl who he hunts with fervor for any reason to ban. The way he conducts himself is a complete joke and his doing more harm than good.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • limonazza
    edited October 2015
    @saxroll that's exactly what i meant, he is picking against a side to merely [Redacted] [Redacted], i have never seen a worse episode of double standards respect what i've seen under Navi's watch​​
    Post edited by thenamesdomino on
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    nanu9954 said:

So we are playing a dead game without GMs. Nice.

We have been. For well over 3 years now. Only the Euro GM Enelimm was somewhat active, but I haven't seen her around in ages either. People keep throwing money at PWI, which is why the servers are still on, but as far as company attention is concerned, we've fallen into the "end of lifecycle" blackhole. It basically means that the game has become a free-for-all, with only the most severe ToS violations (or the most visible ones) getting handled by a support team who don't have PWI as a priority title. Folks should have seen that one coming when the company moved away from being "PWI Inc" to "Arc Games".

All in all another reason for me -not- to throw money at this game, since I very much doubt it'll plod along for more then another year or two... I'll have my fun being sub-par meanwhile though.

Also, you don't need to share accounts to open TT solo. It's easy as cake to run 4 clients for a brief period of time on a single system... Performance will tank of course, but if it's just to crack an instance open... heck, you could even do 6-8 clients on a strong modern system.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User

Also, you don't need to share accounts to open TT solo. It's easy as cake to run 4 clients for a brief period of time on a single system... Performance will tank of course, but if it's just to crack an instance open... heck, you could even do 6-8 clients on a strong modern system.

And you're breaking the rules by doing that, too.
  • limonazza
    axel320 wrote: »

And you're breaking the rules by doing that, too.

go Navi ban this guy, you have forum evidence it's your chance to further reduce dawnglory playerbase until it will be limited to just your connected friends​​
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    I said it was possible. Not that I was doing it ('tho I won't deny it either... make of that what you will ;) )
    Heck, I rarely farm TT anyway, unless x2 drops is on... BH dayjob tends to take most of my day.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Has anyone else noticed the curious empty posts and date discrepancies in sparkies profile? Seems he was gone long before he seemed to disappear and unknown accounts were editing posts and linking certain posts to empty whiped posts. Check the discussion board and try to check the winners or submissions of the last fashion contest and you will see what i mean.

If you want those posts (the real ones with actual information) are sunk. I still wonder if the poor soul who was waiting for the prizes from this last event ever got them since they have a new contest out 8-9 months later.

And i wont express my true feelings for Navi lest my enemies plead to him and succeed in trying to get me banned.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    eirghan said:

Has anyone else noticed the curious empty posts and date discrepancies in sparkies profile? Seems he was gone long before he seemed to disappear and unknown accounts were editing posts and linking certain posts to empty whiped posts. Check the discussion board and try to check the winners or submissions of the last fashion contest and you will see what i mean.

If you want those posts (the real ones with actual information) are sunk. I still wonder if the poor soul who was waiting for the prizes from this last event ever got them since they have a new contest out 8-9 months later.

And i wont express my true feelings for Navi lest my enemies plead to him and succeed in trying to get me banned.

Why would anyone want to ban you? I've never seen you say or do anything bad enough for that.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    jadasia said:

Why would anyone want to ban you? I've never seen you say or do anything bad enough for that.

Because she made the thread and failed login event rewards. I'll personally vouch for perm ban for her.

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    eirghan said:

I can confirm that they did indeed get the fashion from it. Or at least one of my guildies at the time that won did.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    jadasia wrote: »

It's more broad spectrum than simply speaking out on forums. If you have studied social or group dynamics you would probably get pretty close to motivating factor. I haven't done anything to get banned. I refused to join a faction with members act poorly against myself and others. My refusal to join and conform pisses them off and so they do anything they can to make things unpleasant.

And actually I didn't create the thread about log in rewards nor was I the first one to post about it. I just commented on that thread saying it was a bad idea like maybe 30 or so others. Thread being referenced is here: http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1195233/please-rethink-the-next-log-in-event/p1

I highly doubt my annoyingly pink text has enough power to singularly sway PWI GMs to reverse log in events. If it does, hot damn am I excited to see some **** get solved!
    ​​
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    My pink text is still best pink text, just saying. At any rate, I'm going to have to ask that people stick to the subject of the thread, which isn't other players. JS.

As for Sparkie, the world may never know. The people who can answer that kind of thing, won't. Because rarely does a company talk about the leavings of a specific person. onion-21.gif
    ​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • heerohex#3018
    Wish he said bye at least. At least we would have known. Sometimes I feel like PWE does more cover ups than area 51. Sometimes I would understand but still comes down to one thing Communication I have seen things brought to its knees. Wow ranting last few days...