PWI, just... your Star chart prices

limonazza
limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
Well i thought PWI would've changed line about the ridicolous prices we had for the Star Chart items, but i guess i was wrong...

It's currently around 6000 gold to max a Star Chart Infusion level by Astrobana Pearls -> 6000 euros
It's currently around 400000 gold to max Astral Level by Nebula Dust Orbs -> 400000 euros
It's currently around 3000 gold to max a Star Chart Aptitude by Astrospira Pearls -> 3000 euros

Considering that endgame Star Charts give about 20% more of your offensive power, and have no impact into your defensive potential, it's just freaking brainless!!!!

Now: prices has to be at least the 10% of current for Astrobana and Astrospira pearls and at least 1% of current for Nebula Dust orbs.
I'm honestly done, i put so much money into this but i do not really see an end, you are just skyrocketing it way too much that i am just giving it up.​​
Post edited by sylenthunder on

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    limonazza said:

Well i thought PWI would've changed line about the ridicolous prices we had for the Star Chart items, but i guess i was wrong...

It's currently around 6000 gold to max a Star Chart Infusion level by Astrobana Pearls -> 6000 euros

It's currently around 400000 gold to max Astral Level by Nebula Dust Orbs -> 400000 euros

It's currently around 3000 gold to max a Star Chart Aptitude by Astrospira Pearls -> 3000 euros

Considering that endgame Star Charts give about 20% more of your offensive power, and have no impact into your defensive potential, it's just freaking brainless!!!!

Now: prices has to be at least the 10% of current for Astrobana and Astrospira pearls and at least 1% of current for Nebula Dust orbs.

I'm honestly done, i put so much money into this but i do not really see an end, you are just skyrocketing it way too much that i am just giving it up.

Nah Nah federino...no potential to defensive? If you get 2x HP and 2x Pdef stats on a maxed star-chart in Fatestar position thats 3k basic HP and 4k basic Pdef...thats iterally broken and thats definitly what I will aim for on the storm. IDC about spirit and Mpen and mattack that much..if I get it ok, if not idm. HP and Pdef is what I love...with that I would have 30k basic Pdef on the storm and 77k pdef in reaperform...nonbuffed. GG. <3

But ya...its expensive as shet. I just wait to luck my stats and pay the gold to get a higher aptidute then...you nearly get the level free due to dailies so :D​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • limonazza
    edited September 2015
    whats 4k more pdef if you are standing upon 40k (60k in my case) pdef that it's basically almost cap value.. you know 40k and 77k its almost the same damage reduction right... to a point that you take the same damage with or without using a Dew of Star Protection
    but that's not the point...
    the point is that i am done with this brainless price tags,
    it's like they put the new iphone for sale, you know it has just that 1 inch bigger screen than your old iphone, you really want that iphone and you are eager to pay for it even if it costs as much as your whole old iphone already
    but then that 1 extra inch gets to cost you like 100 times your old iphone... that's unreal... whoever is setting prices has no idea of how marketing works​​
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    Dont worry Fede the price will change.
    Actually PWI does not even know about their new system => on the thread pinned about astrolab written by a pwi developper, he told us that we should need 250 dailies days to max the astral energy level (instead of 300+ years actually). The thread has been edited since.

So basically when the QA testers, developpers and so on will test really the new content, they will adapt prices.
    For period sales or permanently.

But dont expect having Nebula orbs at 2 silvers but rather at 30 silvers (which is pwcn price).
    That dont enables us to max energy level but it will give us enough chance to get a real chart and not the crappy 4-5 nodes one...
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • limonazza
    edited September 2015
    yea but not only that, its a combination of things, it costs way that much that you have no idea where to put your money into...
    Put them into leveling the chart up?
    Put them into improving astral energy hoping for a better chance of getting better stats?
    Put them into leveling the aptitude up?

imo astrobana pearls should be 40 silver to 1 gold, astrospira 10 silver to 30 silver, nebula dust orbs 1 silver to 5 silver each

The point that everyone doesnt realize here is that Star chart has no impact on the game if it's not maxed, and when maxed it's only a little "slice" of your damage component and even lesser of your "defense" component

You are lvl 0 -

meridian nuemas titles boundary passives
    1 - rank 9
    nw neck ring
    shards -50% of your damage component and 80% of your defense component

2 - cards -30% of your damage component and 10% of your defense component

3 - maxed star chart -20% of your damage component and 10% of your defense component

Now compare the costs of all this listed, a maxed star chart costs hundred times more than point 1 and 2

It NEEDS to be way a lot cheaper​​
  • matthieudoncacci
    If only the devs or market workers read these sort of threads...
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

Feel free the translate it to chinese and post it on their forums​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• matthieudoncacci
    Actually, pwcn prices are reasonable with the value of one yuan...
    It is pwi who is out of mind :)
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

Feel free the translate it to chinese and post it on their forums​​

actualy china is not making the prices in OUR boutique
  • armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    Give you a cake. At the moment i have no plans on sinking any solid gold into this and im quite happy not to. Most of the players so far are playing the game to level charts. And any insane cashers who aim to get an edge by paying those prices deserve to get what they pay for because its just absolute insanity.

Basically everything you said here is correct. Its not even qq about cashing because like i said i have no plans to. But from a marketing perspective i have no clue what they are doing and its pretty clear neither do they.

Look at accessory socket stones.... Few weeks ago would cost 100$ and up for a second accessory socket. Now around 25$.....

They are implementing things at insane prices hoping we fall for it i guess. And if they get no sales cuz people think theyre batshit crazy maybe theyll lower the prices...
  • limonazza
    @armoftheland pretty much that, they are making average cashers quit and they are making insane cashers go f2p, the prices at current standings are of an epic ignorance i can only picture the marketing guy like this -> giphy.gif​​
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    maybe they think, theyre running a chinese browser game -
    with the exception, that there aint 10 new servers every week , for the wealthy to be a whale - and the f2p to get a fresh start
  • limonazza
    @teabagg we are supposed to receive cross server wars in the next month, china received them a while ago already

btw seen the amount of crown of madness dropped in past 2 days, i am pretty sure none went for the star chart items thanks to these prices​​
  • umaro
    umaro Posts: 7 Arc User
    This isn't even expensive... This screams "SCAM" all over it. But knowing the desperates, they would give their arms and legs to something so pointless.
  • scooooter
    scooooter Posts: 27 Arc User
    you guys make me laugh you make fun of cash shoppers then complain when things are to expensive for even cash shoppers
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User

Dont worry Fede the price will change.

Actually PWI does not even know about their new system => on the thread pinned about astrolab written by a pwi developper, he told us that we should need 250 dailies days to max the astral energy level (instead of 300+ years actually). The thread has been edited since.

So basically when the QA testers, developpers and so on will test really the new content, they will adapt prices.

For period sales or permanently.

But dont expect having Nebula orbs at 2 silvers but rather at 30 silvers (which is pwcn price).

That dont enables us to max energy level but it will give us enough chance to get a real chart and not the crappy 4-5 nodes one...

This comment made me lol. I tried to tell them the guide was horrid and was told to stfu..clearly people are morons when it comes to the star charts.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • umaro
    umaro Posts: 7 Arc User
    scooooter said:

you guys make me laugh you make fun of cash shoppers then complain when things are to expensive for even cash shoppers

So tell me, would you seriously pay 400,000 gold just for one pixelated item?
  • roziveru
    roziveru Posts: 37 Arc User
    Prices probably will go down when those will be farm-able.

• limonazza
    the farmable ones as you can already aknowledge are untradeable and they come in short numbers, prices have to go down by 99%​​
  • scooooter
    scooooter Posts: 27 Arc User
    no I would not pay 400,000 gold for a pixelated item. If I had that kind of cash I probably wouldn't be playing a video game.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    limonazza said:

whats 4k more pdef if you are standing upon 40k (60k in my case) pdef that it's basically almost cap value.. you know 40k and 77k its almost the same damage reduction right... to a point that you take the same damage with or without using a Dew of Star Protection

but that's not the point...

the point is that i am done with this brainless price tags,

it's like they put the new iphone for sale, you know it has just that 1 inch bigger screen than your old iphone, you really want that iphone and you are eager to pay for it even if it costs as much as your whole old iphone already

but then that 1 extra inch gets to cost you like 100 times your old iphone... that's unreal... whoever is setting prices has no idea of how marketing works​​

Being at 40k pdef or 77k pdef is very different, your survivability is almost twice as much. To reach 90% damage redux we need 37573 defense value while for 95% we need 79317 defense value. It's 5% and doesn't seem like much but it's actually doubling your survivability at that point.

When you're hit with 10k pvp dmg and have 90% redux , 10k becomes 1000, while if having 95% redux the damage received will be 500. It's halfed and if we calculate the effective HP/survival index it's really doubled. 1% dmg redux at 90%+ redux is equal to 10% less damage.

There are atk level, defense level, spirit, penetration, skill damage, debuffs etc for further amplifying damage but armor defense is the first and probably the highest contributor for reducing damage, which then will be amplified by those other factors.

• limonazza
    edited September 2015
    i wonder why people need to pull complicated counterthesis to prove bad arguments

40k res is 91% damage reduction, 77k is 94% damage reduction

you get hit by someone that has 50k base damage (more realistical endgame value) considering spirit and atk\def lvls are equal:

@40k; 75% pvp reduction -> 12500 -> 91% resistances -> 1125

@77k: 75% pvp reduction -> 12500 -> 94% resistances -> 750

add 4k resistance more as quoted:

@44k: 75% pvp reduction -> 12500 -> 91,35% resistances -> 1081,25

adding 4k res value on top of 40k factor at endgame? to take 50 less base damage from endgame players kek

but then yea if you feel your argument is correct keep using dew and get hit the same 4-8ks and call wtf
    the trick to not get hit insane damage at that level of gears isn't to add more resistance, but it's to know the class you are faceing
    because a 1125 damage hit, in case of an assassin for example can become a 2250 crit, 4500 zerk, 6750 subsea zerkcrit, 13500 if sin is full deity, 16200 if it's elimination last tick, 32400 if that was 3sparked

if you have 4k more phys res on top of 40ks, and you try tank such an hit you get killed anyways, as well as if you use a dew to reach cap value, so it doesnt really matter​​
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    null
    The hell are you talking about? In that senerio In your 2nd to last paragraph, a dew would reduce that damage by 44%, reducing that damage to a bit under 20k, which is about 2/3rd hp of a ARCANE end game class (with primal passive and hp buff) so a charm tick with a decent chance to get proc puri spell. Kinda makes a difference.

For the 40-'--> 40k m def, that's still over 3.5% reduction which is like a gear piece worth of josd, again this is kinda signifigant.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • limonazza
    edited September 2015
    ok which arcane class that hasn't a crown of madness or is vit build, has more than 20k hp base?
    if you talk about passives that none has yet, well then i can get 2x fatestar spirit at lvl 50 and neglet all that damage by standing still​​
  • freygin
    edited September 2015
    limonazza said:

i wonder why people need to pull complicated counterthesis to prove bad arguments

40k res is 91% damage reduction, 77k is 94% damage reduction

you get hit by someone that has 50k base damage (more realistical endgame value) considering spirit and atk\def lvls are equal:

@40k; 75% pvp reduction -> 12500 -> 91% resistances -> 1125

@77k: 75% pvp reduction -> 12500 -> 94% resistances -> 750

add 4k resistance more as quoted:

@44k: 75% pvp reduction -> 12500 -> 91,35% resistances -> 1081,25

adding 4k res value on top of 40k factor at endgame? to take 50 less base damage from endgame players kek

but then yea if you feel your argument is correct keep using dew and get hit the same 4-8ks and call wtf

the trick to not get hit insane damage at that level of gears isn't to add more resistance, but it's to know the class you are faceing

because a 1125 damage hit, in case of an assassin for example can become a 2250 crit, 4500 zerk, 6750 subsea zerkcrit, 13500 if sin is full deity, 16200 if it's elimination last tick, 32400 if that was 3sparked

if you have 4k more phys res on top of 40ks, and you try tank such an hit you get killed anyways, as well as if you use a dew to reach cap value, so it doesnt really matter​​

40k is actually 90.549% resistance, or probably 90.55% in the game.
    44k is actually 91.334% resistance, or probably 91.33% in the game.
    77k is actually 94.857% resistance, or probably 94.86% in the game.
    37,573 is exactly 90% and 79,317 is exactly 95% (cmiiw) , which I used to make it easier that it's halfed damage, or twice survivability.

Yeah if that's the case then it doesn't really matter, 1125 damage hit becomes 625 with cap value reduction, 1250 crit, 2500 zerkcrit, 3750 subsea zerkcrit, 7500 if sin is full deity, 9k if it's elimination last tick, 18k if that was 3sparked. Dunno how much hp is a super endgame arcane char in pwi because I don't play there anymore, but I'd guess that kind of damage is enough for kiling even if the target is at cap resistance if you said it doesn't really matter.

But that's because Sin is a broken class, just saying, they can do damage above and beyond high-end gears, or even maxed cap value reduction before we can react. And with this star chart it'll benefit more to sins I bet, because they can surprise attack from afar with higher damage because of penetration.
  • limonazza
    sin can be a broken class but adding more resistance values to gears at current state of the endgame is worthless, and it's already acknowledged everywhere that phys\ele resistance adds on star charts are "unwanted" adds​​
  • freygin
    It's still worth it for 1v1 though, but for mass pvp it's worthless if being ganked by two or more people, no matter how much def/pdef and even hp they won't matter much because being hit by even two of equal geared people is like against 2 skillsets and double damage or can be said a permanent crit, if they both crit it'd be the same of being hit by zerkcrit, if they both have gof and zerkcrit will be like being hit by double zerkcrit lol.

btw how much different are the prices of those items for star chart in pw cn compared to pwi (if anyone know).
  • limonazza
    edited September 2015
    depends, but averageally we talking about the 10% (90% less)​​
  • freygin
    We can still benefit from any reduction no matter how small and 90% and 95% is a whole lot different, fully def/mdef buffed vs not buffed is even less than that but somehow it still matters, right ?

I ever saw my hp below 10% a few times and saved by charm tick a few seconds later, had I not have that 10% more survivability I'd be dead a few more times. The thing is the price is getting ridiculous increasing it at that point, the game is becoming more and more obviously 'your money vs my money' and 'how broke can you go', and it compounds every damn time with every new patch.

About this, do we need the three of them ? that'd be 409,000 euros in total ><" , and even with all that money, it's still random ?
  • limonazza
    there was an asterelle detailed troll post that got nuked on how about star charts have demented costs at the moment,
    combined cost for a decent 10 adds, endgame star chart is over the million gold mark​​
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    null
    @limonazza
    well a full +12 AA char with no war avatar set is a bit over 19 k hp base (meriden maxed, gbh, WoA) with no vit added..so with a card set, new passives (and maybe vit shards or a hp mod on star chart) could get close to 25k standing (more with vit shards or hp shards, but assume josd/deity)
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105