Visual Update

Don't know if this was brought up before, most likely yes, but whatever.
How about a visual update for the old races? I've been playing Wizard and noticed that the "cool" spells you get at 59 now don't look that great compared to lower level skills of the new classes, not only the Nightshade ones but also Earthguard and Tideborn. And not only Wizard, pretty much all the old classes. I would've personally prefered an update of those instead of the new race, they really look outdated compared to the newer content. The same goes for the cities and even Archosaur. I'd prefer a visual update rather than new content. Is it at least being considered?

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Theoretically, when they re-hired the original developers of the game a year and a half ago, they were supposed to be working on updating the client to using the new Angelica engine to improve performance and compatibility with newer systems.
    Following that, they talked about updating the visuals and doing new mo-cap animations.

So far we've gotten Rebirth, Primal, a new class, and more bugs.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • darkdemen
    darkdemen Posts: 54 Arc User
    Such an old video, but it's cool :c
    https://youtu.be/zkRqWqPbwRs
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    What I would love to see done with the older races is their own Meditation orbs!

All the newer races has their own meditation orbs, and the older ones just have the "sit in a circle" effect going for them.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    There have been minor tweaks and updates to some of the skills and looks to be fair. I dont know if you have seen the last two patches they are slowly updating many of the npcs. Im sure primal skills was a way to update many of the older classes as well.

Too true the older classes do need an update. A skin texture update would be really great too. :confounded:
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    asurin said:

What I would love to see done with the older races is their own Meditation orbs!

All the newer races has their own meditation orbs, and the older ones just have the "sit in a circle" effect going for them.

Agreed. I'd like to see the Humans for instance with the classic meditation animation, except floating above the ground~

My biggest wants for a visual update are 1-Giving Untamed beast forms to represent each of their humanoid form choices, 2-tweaking Tideborn fish forms so that our above-the-waist customizations will show up while transformed, and 3-Allowing Winged Elf wings to remain visible all the time.
  • roziveru
    roziveru Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Barbs needs a female gender. That is also thing to mention >:)

• asurin
    roziveru said:

Barbs needs a female gender. That is also thing to mention >:)

Veno's need a male gender. That's something else to mention.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • roziveru
    asurin said:

Veno's need a male gender. That's something else to mention.

Nah its not so necessary as female barbs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• asurin
    roziveru said:

Nah its not so necessary as female barbs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

it's tots necessary! I wanna see a male veno cuddle the frack out of a Plumdrop Kitten!
    FoxyGR.gif
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    I agree to everything on this thread. Old classes need to get updated and the terrain should aswell. But well this people got nothing to say about it anyways since its china that does all i guess xD
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Bunch of furries in this thread.

Also, female barb / male veno won't happen because chinese lore. And thank pan gu for that.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• roziveru
    dblazen1 said:

Also, female barb / male veno won't happen because chinese lore. And thank pan gu for that.​​

I suggest immediate changes in lore. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I support any visual update that makes Venomancer (fox mostly) tails fluffier.

Joking aside though, it would be cool to have some visual update on old classes' skills.
    ​​
    Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • orangeitis
    dblazen1 said:

Are Chronobikes part of Chinese lore too then...?
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »

Also, female barb / male veno won't happen because chinese lore. And thank pan gu for that.Are Chronobikes part of Chinese lore too then...?

Motorbikes are totally a playable class in this game.
    Are those flyers part of the lore?
    Are gambling packs part of the lore?
    Are equipment part of it?
    Is killing monsters part of it?

Do you even know what lore is tiger-39.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    dblazen1 wrote: »

Also, female barb / male veno won't happen because chinese lore. And thank pan gu for that.Are Chronobikes part of Chinese lore too then...?

Do you even know what lore is tiger-39.gif
    "Lore" is "whatever makes tonnes of cash" right? tiger-37.gif​​

​​
  • asurin
    Something that would probably help out with the Jolly Ol' Jones Bounty Quests. One Advanced Grinding Machine at each JOJ. The guy is in three places, and only one Advance Grinding Machine, just North of Lost. It would help to spread out the players crowding the one machine, and make the remaining JOJ much more local friendly instead of flying/tping all the way to Lost from Plum or Etherblade.

And the sword at Etherblade should be metal, not stone. ijs
    FoxyGR.gif
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    How about a visual update for the old races? I've been playing Wizard and noticed that the "cool" spells you get at 59 now don't look that great compared to lower level skills of the new classes, not only the Nightshade ones but also Earthguard and Tideborn. And not only Wizard, pretty much all the old classes. I would've personally prefered an update of those instead of the new race, they really look outdated compared to the newer content. The same goes for the cities and even Archosaur. I'd prefer a visual update rather than new content. Is it at least being considered?
    You don't want to relearn every visual effect for all old races, just saying xD And if you do, many of those who pvp regularly don't pig-47.gif They can be improved a bit, but I wouldn't call it priority change. There are some bugs which require attention over visual effects. And btw changing them is not really hard. There are extra files on private servers which contain different effects, taken from other games, for usual skills. It doesn't take much efforts. If they don't rework it, it's for a reason. Or because it's not the most important task at the moment. ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • orangeitis
    dblazen1 said:

Lore. Noun. The body of knowledge, especially of a traditional, anecdotal, or popular nature, on a particular subject.

What's the problem now...?
  • orangeitis
    edited September 2015
    dblazen1 said:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lore?s=t

"Lore. Noun. The body of knowledge, especially of a traditional, anecdotal, or popular nature, on a particular subject."

It doesn't say anything about playable classes in that definition. What's the problem now...?

The claim was that female Barbarians and male Venomancers will not be included in Perfect World because they are not in Chinese lore(specifically, "female barb / male veno won't happen because chinese lore."). But many other elements of Perfect World are also not part of Chinese lore, demonstrating that claim to have a false premise.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015

The claim was that female Barbarians and male Venomancers will not be included in Perfect World because they are not in Chinese lore(specifically, "female barb / male veno won't happen because chinese lore."). But many other elements of Perfect World are also not part of Chinese lore, demonstrating that claim to have a false premise.

The existence of something that is not part of lore in the game in no way invalidates choosing to use something from lore in the game. They can do both. With the venomancer they wanted to use something from lore, and the lore states that they are women.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • asurin
    dblazen1 said:

I don't think Chinese Lore includes Western style ren clothing as well as more modern style clothing. Or Moterbikes. Pan Gu can slap himself in the head and give male veno and female barbs with a grin going "Oopsies!"

Not enough furry love in this thread.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

The existence of something that is not part of lore in the game in no way invalidates choosing to use something from lore in the game. They can do both. With the venomancer they wanted to use something from lore, and the lore states that they are women.​​

My veno is woman. Hear it ROAR!
  • asurin
    edited September 2015
    jadasia said:

My veno is woman. Hear it ROAR!

It don't change the fact that I want to play a Male Veno or a Female Barb.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    wonder how this game would look like using source engine or....cry engine :neutral:
  • thundercleas
    thundercleas Posts: 22 Arc User
    alexanade said:

wonder how this game would look like using source engine or....cry engine :neutral:

like **** since that would require pwe to put in work
  • sylenthunder
    alexanade wrote: »

You would basically have to re-write the entire game. Why would anyone do that?​​

​​
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    Wish pwi atleast could come with some new "Walking sounds" for depends wherever you walk on PWI cause those we got now are just annoying as pieppppp if you got game sounds on >.< But well they cant even make new forums for our 4 servers :-)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    creysero said:

Wish pwi atleast could come with some new "Walking sounds" for depends wherever you walk on PWI cause those we got now are just annoying as pieppppp if you got game sounds on >.< But well they cant even make new forums for our 4 servers :-)

I have to disagree. I personally LOVE it when my swimming fish mount sounds like it's wearing high heel shoes :'( Don't take that away from me...