Chips/MoGs leaving boutique?

Comments

• yetweallfalldown
    yetweallfalldown Posts: 109 admin
    I'm looking into this to see what's going on. Will report back once I hear more (may be tomorrow as several people have left the office already).
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
    | Support | [YouTube |
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Wow, dooms day is here everyone. Buy all your gst, mogs now. They will never ever come back on sale.

*sets up shop to sell mog and gst on sanc/tt* Did anyone notice that the sale price = same as before the sale happened UlwDXDq.png.

For all the doom sayers who are willing to read

exhibit 1 - sale being removed at the bottom

exhibit 2 - at the top

Just by moving that line from the bottom to the top, we get a 3 page topic about it on the forums bzaTMKG.png

If by some small chance, mog and gst are removed for ever, quit the game, the game will end soon there after or become a p2p game.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm looking into this to see what's going on. Will report back once I hear more (may be tomorrow as several people have left the office already).

Thank you for taking the time to notice an obvious issue and let us know you are on it. That is at least a little relieving knowing someone is listening.
    jabq wrote: »
    Wow, dooms day is here everyone. Buy all your gst, mogs now. They will never ever come back on sale.

*sets up shop to sell mog and gst on sanc/tt* Did anyone notice that the sale price = same as before the sale happened UlwDXDq.png.

For all the doom sayers who are willing to read

exhibit 1 - sale being removed at the bottom

exhibit 2 - at the top

Just by moving that line from the bottom to the top, we get a 3 page topic about it on the forums bzaTMKG.png

If by some small chance, mog and gst are removed for ever, quit the game, the game will end soon there after or become a p2p game.

The first one about the Halloween specials being removed were just that...the special items that were on sale ONLY for Halloween. Yet another example of someone linking an old sale notice that has nothing to do with what they say now.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • forgets2flush
    forgets2flush Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So here is an example even more ominous. All you Chicken Littles better prepare yourself.

By frankieraye Tue 13 Mar 2012

Yes, I'm afraid the 5-pack MoGs will unavailable in PWI Boutique indefinitely! Better stock up.

Uhhh.....clearly you don't understand the definition of indefinitely: for an unlimited or unspecified period of time. Which means it could be forever or could be for a day. This post never said they were taking them away FOREVER, but rather for an unspecified amount of time. So I lack to see how this post has ANYTHING to do with them just saying they are taking it out and nothing about a time frame. Maybe read a dictionary?

My point is that PWI has a long history of putting out vague information and players tend to jump to extreme conclusions and this example IS relevant to this thread. While your response is focused on the word indefinitely, I can equally argue that the news post makes no reference to a time frame either. In both cases, the item was removed from the boutique and no reference was made as to when or if it will return. However, has the 5-MoG returned to the boutique? YES. Will MoGs return to the boutique (if removed)? Well time will tell but in this case, I'd bet my manhood they will which should say something given PWIs history. Let's just agree to disagree.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator

Thanks!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zoner112012
    So here is an example even more ominous. All you Chicken Littles better prepare yourself.

By frankieraye Tue 13 Mar 2012

Yes, I'm afraid the 5-pack MoGs will unavailable in PWI Boutique indefinitely! Better stock up.

Uhhh.....clearly you don't understand the definition of indefinitely: for an unlimited or unspecified period of time. Which means it could be forever or could be for a day. This post never said they were taking them away FOREVER, but rather for an unspecified amount of time. So I lack to see how this post has ANYTHING to do with them just saying they are taking it out and nothing about a time frame. Maybe read a dictionary?

My point is that PWI has a long history of putting out vague information and players tend to jump to extreme conclusions and this example IS relevant to this thread. While your response is focused on the word indefinitely, I can equally argue that the news post makes no reference to a time frame either. In both cases, the item was removed from the boutique and no reference was made as to when or if it will return. However, has the 5-MoG returned to the boutique? YES. Will MoGs return to the boutique (if removed)? Well time will tell but in this case, I'd bet my manhood they will which should say something given PWIs history. Let's just agree to disagree.

Fair enough but one problem with your logic, in the post you linked they did give us a vague idea of what was going on by saying indefinitely. This current one gives no such definition or clarification. Do we even know for sure if the 5 pack of MoG was removed from the boutique back then (for the sake of the argument)? I have NO doubt they will return them to the boutique the problem is the lack of clarity here and the fact that people NEED these items to gear up in game and without them they can't. People may only usually buy them on sale, but there are people that many times just buy them when they can and have the money, because let's face it most people suck at saving money or have better things to spend it on then in game, and if that option to spend it on is gone they will be even LESS likely to spend it in game. From a LOGICAL standpoint removing them from boutique to save them so many packages of data to put other things in it's place is very stupid, on top of which it isn't like they need to save MORE money, they just consolidated servers so they are seriously already cashing in there.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited August 2015

The first one about the Halloween specials being removed were just that...the special items that were on sale ONLY for Halloween. Yet another example of someone linking an old sale notice that has nothing to do with what they say now.

I was hoping you would read the part about the packs being removed rather than the halloween items. If you check the sales in 2012, 2013, they have the same wordings as they do now. This changed in 2014, mog and gst have been ever present, though at normal/high price. Even right now during the "sale" the price is high, there is no further discount on them that we player demand.

2.3 gold for gst and 10 gold for mog = sale price.
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    well this just sucks. ive been buying gold almost nightly saving up for a chip/mog sale to get my next piece of r9. I know PWE wants us to *cash* for the mats, but the end result is the same when people are more than happy to buy game coins with their RL ones, enabling us to use the gold trading system. Chip packs will always be around - well the ones you get with tokens at any rate - but I'm not sure if the multi-pack opening system already in place will work for those. This move makes no sense, and I'm sure PWI loose a lot of its player base - the server merge was meant as a revival due to loss of activity on the separate servers but removing the ability to obtain r9 without being at the mercy of 1 TW faction a week.. will drive a lot of players out of the game I am sure.
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • zoner112012
    jabq wrote: »

I was hoping you would read the part about the packs being removed rather than the halloween items. If you check the sales in 2012, 2013, they have the same wordings as they do now. This changed in 2014, mog and gst have been ever present, though at normal/high price. Even right now during the "sale" the price is high, there is no further discount on them that we player demand.

2.3 gold for gst and 10 gold for mog = sale price.

Problem is they always remove and rotate which packs are in the boutique or on sale...so really that hasn't changed. That is why I don't see how that really matters. I get your point but at the same time it doesn't help because they don't do this with MoG or chip packs...like they do with regular packs.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • maydusk1
    maydusk1 Posts: 16 Arc User
    lol this @ this post. Yes it says that and even if they do who cares, PWCN that is the model for OUR game has to farm it fullstop!!!!! people in our version of pwi have gotten so damn lazy its just not funny. Farm it, yes no one does trials at the moment, well guess what..if they remove r9 from the cash shop they will have to do them =) and they wont totally remove it forever, it will come back now and then like they used too =) it will make them more money to put it in the shop for a couple of weeks at a time at certain times of the year then to keep it there perma. And stop freaking out, chances are there is going to be new ways to get it..
  • doddiorama
    doddiorama Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Any GM can say if MoG / Chips come back in Cash Shop pls?
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    if it is just that it will be sale on/ sale off then that gives me a chance to build up the gold (from farming coin in Jolly Jones and Bh's) and buy all i need when they come back. It's easier on me to build a little at a time then to try and scrounge up as much gold as i can during a 50% off sale and barely get enough for one item. less stress not worrying that i have to get them at 50% off.
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    a response this is a very pleasent surprise :)
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • tatze1101
    tatze1101 Posts: 1 New User
    www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9080383-new-items-and-great-discounts%21

Removing From Shop Permanently
    Super Cage
    Super Inventory Stone

And items where there again after a few weeks!

Will it be the same with MoG/Chips? ^^
  • maydusk1
    tatze1101 wrote: »
    www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9080383-new-items-and-great-discounts%21

Super Cage
    Super Inventory Stone

If they are removing them perma then ofc there is a new way coming out to get it, plus is a current way to get r9 free in game...just ppl are to damn lazy...chips can be gotten from more then just bh too. honestly either they are shutting pwi down or they are giving other ways to get the stuff =)

Its not the end of the world guys, they remove but always give us stuff to replace...you all know that

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    doddiorama wrote: »
    Any GM can say if MoG / Chips come back in Cash Shop pls?
    Long before you posted this, I had already poked them and we got a response.

Next time, please take the extra two minutes to actually read the thread before you post. normal-27.gif

582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zoner112012
    tatze1101 wrote: »

Super Cage
    Super Inventory Stone

THOSE particular items WERE removed from the shop permanently, and replaced with the new current version we have of them. Everything is code, and the old ones wouldn't work with the new 80 bag slots so they rewrote the code, so they actually did do what they said there. Good luck finding THOSE stones again LMAO.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    In all honestly, if they replaced the chips with GST that cost the same as it would the amount of chippacks you'd need to buy for 1 GST i wouldn't mind it, opening chip packs is a massive pain in the ****.
    Not the GST thing for 60 gold, that's just rediculous and i'm still thinking someone dun goofed on the price they entered

Removal of MoG's seems kind of weird though
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    "This week in PWI, grab your last chance to obtain Rank IX gear material! Medals of Glory and Mysterious Chip Packs will leave the Boutique on August 19th."

In bold is what is throwing people off. I dont think they used those words the last times they said they were taking them out of the boutique. It is PWE not providing enough information again.
    Also, even on the the CM/GM whatever that person is, said they are looking into it, meaning that staff members of PWE don't even know wtf is going on.

What the thread comes down to..... PWE needs to learn to communicate with the community better. Being as vague as they always are, and how they always **** **** up, you don't know what to expect.

How many times were we supposed to get an S card, but we received a random c-s card pack?

NGTUy53.png

• zoner112012
    foley3k wrote: »
    "This week in PWI, grab your last chance to obtain Rank IX gear material! Medals of Glory and Mysterious Chip Packs will leave the Boutique on August 19th."

In bold is what is throwing people off. I dont think they used those words the last times they said they were taking them out of the boutique. It is PWE not providing enough information again.
    Also, even on the the CM/GM whatever that person is, said they are looking into it, meaning that staff members of PWE don't even know wtf is going on.

What the thread comes down to..... PWE needs to learn to communicate with the community better. Being as vague as they always are, and how they always **** **** up, you don't know what to expect.

How many times were we supposed to get an S card, but we received a random c-s card pack?

Very well said, in all honesty maybe that is what really has been most annoying about it is the LAST CHANCE part, tbh I didn't really put much mind to it myself but it does click now. It was like subliminal advertising. DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 81 Arc User
    If anyone pays attention you'd know in the past they removed they items from boutique when not on a sale. All this is, is people to use to seeinf them in boutique as well if people paid attention to the past arc posts the items that were being removed permanently had an asteriks behind the item.

Example: Traveling Couples*

Therefore chillax everyone they will be back.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    before you guys go on QQing, i've submitted a ticket in reference to their thread
    and the response i got was that THEY WILL BE BACK at a later time, but they cant give specifics about when that would be (= chips/mogs will NOT be removed permanently)

have a nice day n stuff :)

edit
    ps. can quote the exact response i got, but not sure if thats actually allowed since ive read several times that tickets are not to be discussed on forums
  • zoner112012
    shashahah wrote: »
    before you guys go on QQing, i've submitted a ticket in reference to their thread
    and the response i got was that THEY WILL BE BACK at a later time, but they cant give specifics about when that would be (= chips/mogs will NOT be removed permanently)

have a nice day n stuff :)

Well since you aren't allowed to talk about tickets and since I don't believe this since no offense but most the GMs don't know ****, (one GM went on record telling me stuff before that turned out to be completely false) on top of which sylenthunder himself has contacted the GMs and they haven't even told him what they are doing yet, so I do not believe you and I think you are blowing smoke. I am not saying that it won't come back, I am saying you are full of it.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • maydusk1
    pwi provided alot of info, but like normal pwi players jump to conclusions. they will never remove r9 from the shop perma, its to much of a cashcow for them and thats all pwe cares about. 2 things like chips, packs, r9 **** were never always in the shop..they were removed and put back when they needed a topup or put a sale on...and on that post by pwi it does NOT SAY PERMA for god sake...stop pulling your hair out and relax ..
  • zoner112012
    maydusk1 wrote: »
    pwi provided alot of info, but like normal pwi players jump to conclusions. they will never remove r9 from the shop perma, its to much of a cashcow for them and thats all pwe cares about. 2 things like chips, packs, r9 **** were never always in the shop..they were removed and put back when they needed a topup or put a sale on...and on that post by pwi it does NOT SAY PERMA for god sake...stop pulling your hair out and relax ..
    foley3k wrote: »

There maybe that will help you out since you clearly aren't paying attention or reading the whole thing. Most people and myself agree, they aren't removing it forever, this shows it lacks clarity and that they ARE possibly removing it forever. So yea, until they give us clarity I am gonna assume this.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    ppl really lack reading skills nowadays.... but the lack gets filled by a huge need to QQ
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    mulier wrote: »
    ppl really lack reading skills nowadays.... but the lack gets filled by a huge need to QQ

or people have been here long enough to know when a gm states something with wiggle room that half the time it was on purpose, we had this long ago (in the golden era of people loosing faith in gms where every announcement was 2 faced)
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    If they are removing them perma then ofc there is a new way coming out to get it, plus is a current way to get r9 free in game...just ppl are to damn lazy...chips can be gotten from more then just bh too. honestly either they are shutting pwi down or they are giving other ways to get the stuff =)

Its not the end of the world guys, they remove but always give us stuff to replace...you all know that

lmfao really? farming GsT through BH? Thats 166 BH CHIP drops for ONE GsT. If you could get chips every BH you would still need to do 34,163.25 BH100 to get 205 GsT's. Current GsT price (60g) is 43bill for 205. You can farm 43bill faster than you can do 34,163.25 BH100 BEST CASE.

Why do you have to say such silly things?
    As is r9 will be impossible to get with a 60G price tag.
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Bottom line is that we are not really sure what is going on. Until we are there is no reason to panic. Besides I thought the Chip packs and MoGs where to go on sale, that didn't happen either. I think whoever posted that was three sheet to the wind! PWE has for years needed better employees, the ones they have don't seem to know what they are doing/saying 98% of the time. They say we'll get something better to replace the DQ system....They say we'll get S-card....They say we'll get a sale....They say we'll....well you get the idea. They say a lot and nothing ever comes of it. I'm sure this is another one of those times. We are talking their main money maker, do you guys really think they taking that away? Not! If anything they might take out the chip packs and expect people to pay 60 gold for one GST, not sure who would be nuts enough to do that but they won't remove the MoGs, at least not forever. This was just a way to get people to buy and from what I've seen on Tideswell it's working! lmao
  • quackquacks
    quackquacks Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The last two years of MoG sales, posted on the news page....

09/25/13 - (? No end date listed) MoG @ 50% off
    11/26/13 - 12/04/13 MoG @ 50% off
    06/11/14 - 06/25/14 MoG @ 50% off
    08/13/14 - 08/27/14 MoG @ 50% off
    10/08/14 - 10/22/14 MoG @ 50% off
    12/10/14 - 12/24/14 MoG @ 50% off
    07/15/15 - 07/29/15 MoG @ 50% off
    08/12/15 - 08/19/15 MoG (not listed as % off)

Granted there may be some sales missing since we didn't always get a news posting about the sales on time (or at all). Also, we never know what the sales will be like from here on out. Only the powers-that-be will know that.

Will be interesting to see what they have to say when he gets back to us!

P.S. There were far more Chips, Rep and Orb sales in between the MoG sales.