Question about Resource War and PvE server

Options
Since the servers are going to change to PvE servers how will we do resource war? It's PvP based so that someone just can't set up a zhen on the tent and get all of the carts. Part of what made it fun was defending the camps from other players. Will everyone who does Resource War be forced into PvP mode/white name?

Comments

• lolzcatz
    lolzcatz Posts: 28 Arc User
    Options
    RW on a pve server is just people with constant aoes at the tents and bases getting destroyed early on. No one is forced to go pk mode during rw on pve servers.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    There is basically no way to defend the carts or the base in RW. It's awful.

They need to make it so you need to be white name to damage the mobs like the mobs that spawn in the caravan quest.
    ​​
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »
    There is basically no way to defend the carts or the base in RW. It's awful.

They need to make it so you need to be white name to damage the mobs like the mobs that spawn in the caravan quest.
    ​​

I believe every person who has that stone thingy from the base which heals the carts ought to be forced into purple or pink color. And I think that Damage can only happen to the carts while purple or pink with that stone thingy in the inventory. No blue name should be able to DD carts. That makes them PvP mode. As soon as that thing is out of the inventory then instant blue mode. Sometyhing like this could fix the issue with the veno pet instance too however that stone should only be active during RW times and near carts and bases to prevent abuse.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    Or they could do something like that Saturday Morai event. The one where you turn pk-able even if blue named. I think it would put PvErs at ease knowing their pk will only be temporary (instead of having to turn white manually, with the warsong trick or with an item in inventory).

But I'm being wishful here. PWI is known for doing things in steps over a looooooooooong period of time...
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Morai event doesn't make blue names pkable, it just prevents you from dropping anything if you die in pk mode.
  • reliea
    reliea Posts: 40 Arc User
    Options
    When RW was first introduced, I thought it was going to be an event where everyone has to enter through the RW manager in faction bases, which would teleport us into a "TW" style mirrored map of the entire overworld, which would have the same rules as the basic TW map events; automatic pk mode, no dropping things etc. When I saw it was just an overworld event, it didn't make any sense.
    And yes, even in the Morai event you can't PK blue named people, that event also disappointed me; I thought it would just give the Morai map TW map qualities for a set amount of time for anyone in there.
    I'm all for PKing during specific events/instances, just not during regular play time, I just like to get my shizz done without being bothered.
    I wouldn't expect anything to change about RW now though. However, I guess if they can merge servers, they can do bloody anything lol so maybe if people kindly suggest such things, something might happen. No server protests though, clearly those don't work.
  • ailiadrake
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    Morai event doesn't make blue names pkable, it just prevents you from dropping anything if you die in pk mode.

Actually, I got killed when I was blue once. Either it can be done, or the game somehow got glitched.
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    Options
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people have some exploit to pk blue-named people in non-pk areas. I've been pk'd while mice bashing afk in the cube. Is that pk enabled, and I just don't know it? If not, I'm surprised people don't just kill blue names in RW.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Well, PvE servers RW sucks balls. You cant stop blue named zhens so I personally just kill a friend, she kills me, we get our credit in 1min and do something better with our time. ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    capnk wrote: »

Actually, I got killed when I was blue once. Either it can be done, or the game somehow got glitched.
    You prolly annoyed a bossmob or two... :D
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people have some exploit to pk blue-named people in non-pk areas. I've been pk'd while mice bashing afk in the cube. Is that pk enabled, and I just don't know it? If not, I'm surprised people don't just kill blue names in RW.

Possibly one of those quest items that summons a couple of mobs, it's how people managed to kill catshops in archo as well.

With regards to RW, I agree with asterelle, the mobs should be like the ones in primal, only attackable when in PK mode.

Will we ever get that done? Well, that's up to China, and since they don't even have PvE servers there, it will be a long wait if we ever get it at all.
    Don't get your hopes up.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    Its not like the big TW/PvP factions don't already corner every market in the game already. They camp plenty of tents anyway, and I'm sure reach their max number of carts be it blue named or white, so what does it matter?

I like it that blue names can do RW. As the leader of a PvE centered faction catering to all levels, its something I can do with members that want to take part. I take several lower level faction mates to the base/tent so they can get some soldier's pay and increase their nuemas early on. Its something several of them look forward to and enjoy doing.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• ailiadrake
    Options
    Maybe carts not being an one shot would help the lower levels getting them. Kinda like thee archo event boss. One hit and you get the prize. I'm not saying a cart should be as long as that boss to take down, but maybe two or three hits would do?
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    Maybe carts not being an one shot would help the lower levels getting them. Kinda like thee archo event boss. One hit and you get the prize. I'm not saying a cart should be as long as that boss to take down, but maybe two or three hits would do?

considering the damage r9 characters do (especially vortex hit twice) you cant really do that without completely ruin it for not so geared ppl who need awhile to kill a ? mob with like 200k HP.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • aeternusdoleo
    Options
    You make it one dmg per hit, and the 5 aps able people will win out over seekers and casters. Whichever way you throw this, someone's going to be left out, unless you're going to use some kind of item to "kill" the carts while making them utterly immune to damage.

I'm kinda with Asterelle on this, mobs as per the Caravan event would force people to go white for this PvP fest. Problem with that is that the smaller factions would - again - be left out, as the bigger ones would drop a quad vovo, double BB and whatnot right on top of a tent... In essence nothing would change, you'd just need a few toons that can suck potential enemies into the grinder. (BM reel in, storm tornado, that kind of stuff).

Dawnglory player:
  • ailiadrake
    Options
    You make it one dmg per hit, and the 5 aps able people will win out over seekers and casters. Whichever way you throw this, someone's going to be left out, unless you're going to use some kind of item to "kill" the carts while making them utterly immune to damage.

I'm kinda with Asterelle on this, mobs as per the Caravan event would force people to go white for this PvP fest. Problem with that is that the smaller factions would - again - be left out, as the bigger ones would drop a quad vovo, double BB and whatnot right on top of a tent... In essence nothing would change, you'd just need a few toons that can suck potential enemies into the grinder. (BM reel in, storm tornado, that kind of stuff).

Yeah, point made. There will always be some people will always be left out, regardless of the changes. I can agree on that.
  • velvetgoldmine
    velvetgoldmine Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    This is disappointing. There's no fun in an event where you basically have to be the first person to set up an aoe and have control of the carts.
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    Options
    Well tbh i think its **** that half the pvers on my server wont tw like they have a pair but when its rw time everyone and their alt factions mama logs onto aoe in blue name. The first couple weeks everyone thought we had to be in pk mode and it was a blast and we could actually defend a base or a cart instead of watching them kill it with their crappy pve alts just because they can aoe during an RB. But as soon as everyone figured out they didnt have to they stopped bothering. This event is clearly designed to be a pk thing and it shouldnt be too hard to cause a temporary white name shift with no drop penalty during the time of this event and for those who dont want to participate u could actually do it without forcing an entire faction into pk mode by requiring the individual to pick an item from the base before the event tht will activate once it begins and pops the player white name. Overall i think this change would make it alot more interesting and a lil less ridiculously full of ppls crappy pve alts they are too lazy to nuema farm on and want to shortcut it.
  • velvetgoldmine
    velvetgoldmine Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    phage69 wrote: »
    Well tbh i think its **** that half the pvers on my server wont tw like they have a pair but when its rw time everyone and their alt factions mama logs onto aoe in blue name. The first couple weeks everyone thought we had to be in pk mode and it was a blast and we could actually defend a base or a cart instead of watching them kill it with their crappy pve alts just because they can aoe during an RB. But as soon as everyone figured out they didnt have to they stopped bothering. This event is clearly designed to be a pk thing and it shouldnt be too hard to cause a temporary white name shift with no drop penalty during the time of this event and for those who dont want to participate u could actually do it without forcing an entire faction into pk mode by requiring the individual to pick an item from the base before the event tht will activate once it begins and pops the player white name. Overall i think this change would make it alot more interesting and a lil less ridiculously full of ppls crappy pve alts they are too lazy to nuema farm on and want to shortcut it.

That's exactly how RW is. You don't turn red when you kill people and you aren't at risk for drops so there isn't any risk to your character besides repair costs and charm ticks.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Options
    so this is an event where i can go and not be one shot by mastercard babies nice i wonder what kind of prizes it give too gotta go google this
  • aeternusdoleo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It gives "Soldiers Pay" which you can exchange in your faction base for goodies such as:
    - Nuemas
    - Sealed fliers
    - Inkdragons Blood (spirit/crit dmg reduction buff)
    - Teleport stones

[Edit] Also, most people don't protect their alts with a buff shield. You can kick em out of their AOEs with Expel most of the time. A lot of them set the AOE and go afk, so... it's a good way to thin the herd.

Dawnglory player:
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Options
    hoover69 wrote: »
    so this is an event where i can go and not be one shot by mastercard babies nice i wonder what kind of prizes it give too gotta go google this

Have you literally ignored every other post in this thread?

You can do it blue named and there's nothing that others can do about it.
    (Insert fancy image here)