Server Merge -- FREE Identity Stone is on the way (Updated)

Options

Comments

• technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Options
    There is nothing fair in losing my name I have since 2009 and have my friend think I,m a scammer and lose all my reputation in my social circle.

but the quick resolution is a +
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    im hearing a rumor that will be a free leveling stone as well a free name changer :smile: I hope its not a rumor I would love to hit 95 again
    If you did not see an official announcement, (there isn't one yet), then it is only a rumor. samurai-1.gif

There is an announcement about the free name change stone. You happen to be posting in the forum about it.
    There is no announcement for a free leveling stone.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    Options
    tesone wrote: »
    eiledon wrote: »

you won't necessarily get your old name back - as the reason it was suffixed is it already exists on new server - you will be able to pick a new name or a variant of your name from your original server (as long as that new name isnt already taken etc)

I've got a name I can use that's close enough. As long as it's not too different from my original. The real issue I had was with them not offering at least one free name change with the merge, which was what irked me off the most. I know we were warned a week in advance (which was not enough time in my opinion), and at the time I didn't think it would bother me that much, because I thought it was going to be something like GW2 and have those brackets around the old server initials, not right next to our names. I should have known better.fox-30.gif

cant you just improvise with the stone and name your char Tesone_LC or whatever server or stuff u wish with a _ to divide your original name with

​​
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    im hearing a rumor that will be a free leveling stone as well a free name changer :smile: I hope its not a rumor I would love to hit 95 again
    If you did not see an official announcement, (there isn't one yet), then it is only a rumor. samurai-1.gif

There is an announcement about the free name change stone. You happen to be posting in the forum about it.
    There is no announcement for a free leveling stone.​​

I never saw any official announcement about a free leveling stone. Funny how one starts a rumor and everyone believes it as fact then rage because "PWI broke yet another promise."
  • tesone
    tesone Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

cant you just improvise with the stone and name your char Tesone_LC or whatever server or stuff u wish with a _ to divide your original name with

Lol! Well one, I'm from Raging Tides, not Lost City. Two, I hate underscores. Three, I've had Asone as a name since 2010, first toon I ever made so just call me kind of attached. Four, the nickname my faction calls me is Aso, and I've got many old friends that I've known for years still playing so it would kinda hard for people to adapt like that when you're switching to a whole different name.fox-39.gif​​
    siggy_zpscq8zz0q8.png

| Retired PWI veteran 2010-2015 |
  • assorani
    assorani Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    The way PWI annouced the stone and the fact that alot of ppl cant read anymore leads to misunderstanding:
    Illusionary Crystal (+ Book of Time for FREE!), if you read this to fast it suggest that the stone is free too.
    The Book of Time is Free (the stone cost you 40 gold).
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

You can't divide you name with _ any more. This option is gone long ago. Also you can't use symbols, digits or other alphabets letters in your name now. This drastically narrows your choice down.
    All players with _ in their names made them months (if not years) ago.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • mortiscorvus
    mortiscorvus Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Why do people start rumors about a lvling stone? They do it so that people will see it and ask about it then try to force pwi to give it them to them.
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thank you very much for this! :)
    When I logged in and saw the weird suffix on some of my characters, it kinda made me upset. Thank you for looking into this, for the help and for the name change option!
  • georgiegirl
    georgiegirl Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    I thank you pwi for sometimes looking out for us, but while everyone is sooo busy complainning about a new name, lets talk more about how a east coast server gets merged in with a eu server, now us poor east coast people cant partake in events. Shame on you guys seriously. If i wanted to be on a eu server i would of signed up for one. 5 years of busting my azz, 4 r9rr chars, spending i dont even wanna add how many k's on this game, only to now have the luxuary of doing only dailies, "SERIOUSLY" them events is what keeps a lot of us still logging and spending our dam hard earned cash here, and if i cant partake in events on a server that accomidates my time zone then i want all the money ive spent refunded.
  • valiantsky37#9084
    valiantsky37#9084 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    It was only a matter of time.
    SamaraKnight :: Sage Seeker :: retired
    Hanging on to the past, makes it hard to accept the present, and impossible to move into the future.
    Pelaan PWI Suomessa.
  • foxykisses22
    foxykisses22 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    is there goin to be a free lvlin illusory crystal to 95 now along with that I don't want to put money into game if that happens cause the name changer I understand they should make it equal parties or not do at all the name changer n a lvlin up to 95 seems like a deal to me :)
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    is there goin to be a free lvlin illusory crystal to 95 now along with that I don't want to put money into game if that happens cause the name changer I understand they should make it equal parties or not do at all the name changer n a lvlin up to 95 seems like a deal to me :)
    There has been NO announcement to indicate that. We've only seen trolls trying to make it seem like there was one.

I'm betting we see something around anni time though. (Not a rumor, nor an announcement. Just a speculation. Not even anything specific at that.)
    ​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jamesburr36
    Options

No. Those were given out free in January.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The illusionary crystal thing is nothing more than an unfounded rumor right now. The ONLY freebie is the name change under the conditions they've given. If they were planning on an illusionary crystal, we'd have had actual news about it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    Options
    I commented on another topic, just as a suggestion, something that PWE can make valuable for all is to clear the database of inactive accounts, releasing names that are abandoned.

In Terms of Service PWE provides for the possibility to do this in 4.9 ~ 4.12.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms

And it is certain that we will have good potential names to rename our characters who are suffixed (or other more).
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    opkossy wrote: »
    The illusionary crystal thing is nothing more than an unfounded rumor right now. The ONLY freebie is the name change under the conditions they've given. If they were planning on an illusionary crystal, we'd have had actual news about it.

They did this as a test / promo a while back.. Odds of them doing again Slim / None ill bet.
    zeevhaora wrote: »
    I commented on another topic, just as a suggestion, something that PWE can make valuable for all is to clear the database of inactive accounts, releasing names that are abandoned.

In Terms of Service PWE provides for the possibility to do this in 4.9 ~ 4.12.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms

And it is certain that we will have good potential names to rename our characters who are suffixed (or other more).

This is true but what about if it was your toon and you returned after paying money into the account being AFK from the game for what ever reason. I would be a little pissed my self. At any case since they increased the name cap to 14 that will make for thousands of other names.

My suggestion for people making a name use a first and last name. IE. AlbertWest. Or using a title and a name IE. DrMersey and if your really stuck then Your Favorate Ride n Theme Park IE. RitaAlton. Going one more How about Your Favourite Place in the world IE. StoneHenge. Still going an anagram of your real name EG. (You get the idea). Really Really last one Combine Two Places Ideas Names Words Items Objects IE. AlterRose. Really REALLY Really last one how about a title like the old days IE. RobinOfLokley

I Could go on and ON! I may make an ideas list for people struggling just because all the First easy names are gone does not mean you cant come up with something Fearful or Walks the Walk and Dances the Talk (yes I know its wrong its meant to be!)
  • zeevhaora
    Options
    Please, Heero, there are probably thousands of dormant accounts of players who played only for a short time and stopped for any reason without ever having put a single zen, with characters that did not reach not even close to being high level.

Arc before we could look for characters in old page of PWI. There I saw the name I would like to use for a toon was attached to a character lvl 5 since at least 2011 and I'm sure that this character is still there. What problem in cleanup of characters and release these names?

Yes, there is the possibility of people put new names on their characters. But consider the fact that for many, the name choosed is important and the fact that it cannot return the previous name because there is an abandoned toon that even the player who created remember of this is ridiculous.
  • jamesburr36
    Options
    Please, Heero, there are probably thousands of dormant accounts of players who played only for a short time and stopped for any reason without ever having put a single zen, with characters that did not reach not even close to being high level.

Arc before we could look for characters in old page of PWI. There I saw the name I would like to use for a toon was attached to a character lvl 5 since at least 2011 and I'm sure that this character is still there. What problem in cleanup of characters and release these names?

Yes, there is the possibility of people put new names on their characters. But consider the fact that for many, the name choosed is important and the fact that it cannot return the previous name because there is an abandoned toon that even the player who created remember of this is ridiculous.

I've left and came back to the game 5 times for various reasons. Once for more than a year. I wouldn't want my account deleted.

• fail001
    fail001 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    PWI should allow those from Harshlands the chance to migrate to another server. This merging with EU is dumb! You take ppl that play in there natural time zone then force them to play in EU time? How did this make sense? I already see the amount of players not playing at all or not playing as much due to the change. Is that what it comes down to, ether play there or create a new character in another server? Id rather stop playing, the only reason i haven't left yet like some of the others is because i'm hoping there will be a solution to this.
  • zeevhaora
    Options

I've left and came back to the game 5 times for various reasons. Once for more than a year. I wouldn't want my account deleted.

Because you care with your toons. This others, no.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    fail001 wrote: »
    PWI should allow those from Harshlands the chance to migrate to another server. This merging with EU is dumb! You take ppl that play in there natural time zone then force them to play in EU time? How did this make sense? I already see the amount of players not playing at all or not playing as much due to the change. Is that what it comes down to, ether play there or create a new character in another server? Id rather stop playing, the only reason i haven't left yet like some of the others is because i'm hoping there will be a solution to this.

This. HL players deserve the right to ask to be transferred to Tideswell or a server they choose. Forcing an entire east coast server to adjust to EU times and deal with foreign languages in world chat is just wrong.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options
    ... not to mention inflicting "American" on us poor Europeans, who are more used to proper english :P
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • zeevhaora
    Options
    EU server is a butthurt to gramar ****, TZ? =D

Very well, about time zone i kinda agree with you. But why no, instead offer it only for one special reason, pwi can make one way to ppl change ur server?

Thinking better, jamesburr36, just log toons once each year dont is care with it. WTF u do? And before quit waste time and/or money in this toon? Or is just pride in keep it?
  • zoner112012
    Options
    EU server is a butthurt to gramar ****, TZ? =D

Very well, about time zone i kinda agree with you. But why no, instead offer it only for one special reason, pwi can make one way to ppl change ur server?

Thinking better, jamesburr36, just log toons once each year dont is care with it. WTF u do? And before quit waste time and/or money in this toon? Or is just pride in keep it?

The problem is that EU servers have people that speak many languages and do so on world chat at will while the east coast servers are pretty much just English and are forced to just deal with it which is hardly fair.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • zeevhaora
    Options
    Raging Tide had spanish, portuguese and russian speakers a lot and you know it.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I haven't logged on US servers in a while but I remember lot of latin american or brazilian guys that didn't speak english at all.
    Time zone is a good argument. Talking about languages is just xenophobia.
    And in DawnGlory language in WC is at 95% english anyway
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    HL had a pretty sizable portion of the population that spoke Spanish or Portugese and, to a lesser extent, German. And even in one of the top guilds, you'd see entire conversations in Dutch/French/Chinese occasionally in addition to those languages. So the language argument is pretty dumb as well as being, as the poster above me pointed out, really xenophobic.

But yes, I would really offer free server transfers to people from HL at least to go to Tideswell simply for timezone and lag reasons.
  • zoner112012
    Options

They still have Spanish and Portuguese speakers, and the couple that love to spam in Russian but that is a far cry from an entire server of people with multiple languages so I lack to see your point.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Options

They still have Spanish and Portuguese speakers, and the couple that love to spam in Russian but that is a far cry from an entire server of people with multiple languages so I lack to see your point.

Maybe you should first spend a couple hours on DawnGlory, don't you think ?