Announcing PWI's New Moderator!

sylenthunder
sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

I've been an informer, a lurker, a troll, an instigator, and a fixer. After several years of practically living the game, and the forum, I'm now proudly taking the reigns as PWI's latest forum moderator.

They've put their trust in me to take care of you guys, so don't make me get out the switch. samurai-1.gif
582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
​​
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by sylenthunder on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Welcome to the power abuse club!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    Gratz on the Moderator position Sylen... ;)
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    coool Gratz .... i just hope you dont end up like the naziarmanio
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    alexanade wrote: »
    coool Gratz .... i just hope you dont end up like the naziarmanio
    Venus is tame compared to Shelly. I keep telling myself that I can't be like ChaoticShelly. She was a great mod, but a little zealous sometimes. normal-1.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    Congratulations and best of luck to your patience! \o/
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Sry no gz from my side. To re/activate the forum we need less mods and not more. And more GMs.The most active forum mods we had over the last years were biased trash talkers and I was very glad they became finally less active/inactive. They used the forum like other people world chat: as their personal msn, diary and battleground. And when you give little people just a bit might, they become worse than any dictator ("funny" part: they laugh about spammers in wc but act in the same way in forum).

PWE has to do this job by their own! One of their employees has to play PWI and has to maintain the forum on a daily manner. I totally dislike the idea of moderators coming from playerbase.

Back in the years (2008/09), when forum was crowded, we had descent people here. Which wanted to spread informations about the game in an objective way. Later we had almost only those relationship incapable twitter/facebook folk of generation Z which just communicate here because they have no one else to talk to.
  • opkossy
    tet wrote: »
    Sry no gz from my side. To re/activate the forum we need less mods and not more. And more GMs.The most active forum mods we had over the last years were biased trash talkers and I was very glad they became finally less active/inactive. They used the forum like other people world chat: as their personal msn, diary and battleground. And when you give little people just a bit might, they become worse than any dictator ("funny" part: they laugh about spammers in wc but act in the same way in forum).

PWE has to do this job by their own! One of their employees has to play PWI and has to maintain the forum on a daily manner. I totally dislike the idea of moderators coming from playerbase.

Back in the years (2008/09), when forum was crowded, we had descent people here. Which wanted to spread informations about the game in an objective way. Later we had almost only those relationship incapable twitter/facebook folk of generation Z which just communicate here because they have no one else to talk to.

This is full of so much bias and misinformation I don't even know where to begin. I suppose that, instead, I'll just shake my head and move on.
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    opkossy wrote: »
    This is full of so much bias and misinformation I don't even know where to begin. I suppose that, instead, I'll just shake my head and move on.

The huge majority of the in-game population already knows that especially you don't have any self-reflection. You are a big part of the problem (dead + trashed forum). That's why I don't respond to people like you normally.
    There is also no need to respond to me (but I already know you and your 4-5 followers will, I mentioned already the reasons for this).

@GMs The forum is almost dead, you can see this at view counts easily. This won't change till you don't change it.
    A forum is a Business Card for a game which can attract (new) players. At the moment it's a grubby one. You have to hire more people to handle it professional.

• opkossy
    edited August 2015
    The huge majority of the in-game population already knows that especially you don't have any self-reflection. You are a big part of the problem (dead + trashed forum). That's why I don't respond to people like you normally.
    There is also no need to respond to me (but I already know you and your 4-5 followers will, I mentioned already the reasons for this).

@GMs The forum is almost dead, you can see this at view counts easily. This won't change till you don't change it.
    A forum is a Business Card for a game which can attract (new) players. At the moment it's a grubby one. You have to hire more people to handle it professional.
    I reiterate:
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Welcome to the team Sylen. dino1-5.gif​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • tiyassomu
    tiyassomu Posts: 29 Arc User
    Congratz GameGuru !!
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Grats sylen you definitely deserve it.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    we are doomed. now he has even better weapons than his arrogance and ignorance.
    long live the apples and oranges!

gratz anyway.
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User

Nah, it was good back then because people would actually read things. There would just be the few argumentative idiots that it was better to avoid. Now people want to come on the forum, ask whatever because they are too lazy to look it up, and complain if people don't do their work for them in finding the info. And complain if someone tells them it already exists.

The helpful people usually become less helpful due to restating the same thing 50 times, newbies with no knowledge acting like their opinion is just as valid as people who actually thought up the currently accepted gameplay mechanics, and things like that.

For me, I will state my conclusions from things I've figured out possibly; if it doesn't **** me over. But I won't bother arguing about it outside of amusement value. Fought way too many times before where I was undeniably right, and there is no benefit to the hassle of forcing information into a stupid person over the internet. They can either take the time to think of the fundamentals behind which I came up with my ideas, or they can ignore it and miss any changes that will end up happening, if past patterns continue.
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Congrats!!! dino2-18.gifdino3-24.gifdino3-16.gif
    I hope you have a hefty supply of patience to deal with things here, even if the activity has much lowered than what it was on the old forums.
    DeffyNature
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    Gratz,

Running about time I think. Looking forward to working with you!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Gratz on this post but just so you know: Kossy and Venus are better than you... I will bow down to them not to you...HAIL KOSSY... HAIL VENUS..
    giphy.gif

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Asterelle GM when?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    and i thought our mods cant be any worse lol mouse-31.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Gratz Sylen, but we need world chat mods more than forum mods.
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    INB4 every reason for problems is your firewall.​​
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    Congratulations!! :)

Good luck, I wish you all the best!
  • chucknorristhemighty
    chucknorristhemighty Posts: 11 Arc User
    Grtz, now you can see our IPs
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User

He does have a point that the forums need more GM activity. The make threads, and rarely answer questions on here that are directed to them. Most of the stuff the GMs post are wrong information about events. They put up FAQs, and when people put up questions, they dont answer them. Wait.... maybe we need less GM activity.

These forums are place where people vent frustration when GMs and Support send them here, then the mods have to put up with all the ****. Is there any real information about the game here anymore?. Even the GMs cant post correct information about the game. Hell, they merged server and can't even change the forums in the server symposium section to reflect that.
    NGTUy53.png

• jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    foley3k wrote: »

He does have a point that the forums need more GM activity. The make threads, and rarely answer questions on here that are directed to them. Most of the stuff the GMs post are wrong information about events. They put up FAQs, and when people put up questions, they dont answer them. Wait.... maybe we need less GM activity.

These forums are place where people vent frustration when GMs and Support send them here, then the mods have to put up with all the ****. Is there any real information about the game here anymore?. Even the GMs cant post correct information about the game. Hell, they merged server and can't even change the forums in the server symposium section to reflect that.

Forum doesn't need GM activity. The game needs more GM activity.
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    Congratulations, Sylen. With all that you already do for the community, you certainly deserve to be an official part of things.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    Congrats you've earned it!
    The only GOP
  • skyurr
    skyurr Posts: 35 Arc User
    Grats well deserved tiger-2.gif​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    foley3k wrote: »

Forum doesn't need GM activity. The game needs more GM activity.

If the support system and GMs are sending people here, we do need more GM activity. Not saying the game doesnt. Seems everytime they do appear in game, new gear is giving out along with avatar cards, or so the rumor goes.
    NGTUy53.png