Reset all names

Options
megababe6
megababe6 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Suggestion Box
I believe that upon the server merge it's only fair to have all names reset. With regards to Identity Stone it's only fair that every character will be given one for free! Some people were bound to deal with a suffix which is really uncool. I used to play on Morai so I wasn't affected, however in the past I renamed 2 times until I found the name I liked. I would really be pissed off having a suffix added to my current name and since this has happened, this may happen in the coming future when another server merge takes place!

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    This has already been actioned.

I can not log this for this reason.

Thanks,
  • megababe6
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sure but most players cannot get their name back, hence my suggestion. Once all names are reset, everybody will have a chance to acquire the name they want on a first come first serve basis which makes it fair for everyone!
    Post edited by megababe6 on
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    megababe6 wrote: »
    Sure but most players cannot get their name back, hence my suggestion. Once all names are reset, everybody will have a change to acquire the name they want on a first come first serve basis which makes it fair for everyone!

That's a complete utter **** and you know it, it would solve absolutely nothing.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• megababe6
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Sure but most players cannot get their name back, hence my suggestion. Once all names are reset, everybody will have a change to acquire the name they want on a first come first serve basis which makes it fair for everyone!

That's a complete utter **** and you know it, it would solve absolutely nothing.​​

Well if you think that my suggestion is utter ****, then what about suggesting something yourself because at this stage, your reply is what I refer to as ****.

• heerohex#3018
    Options
    @megababe6

I get What your saying in regards to this. This is something that could only be done by Design of the Game. At present its not something the system could handle. The same is true with server transfers Via ArC. The case also would not be fair to everyone.

If things chnage then Im sure PWE will let Us know, I know how annoying this may seam but the Suffix was one of the few ways to deal with the server merge. The bonus is you now get 14 Letters Rather than 12 (Dont quote me on that.)

Thanks,
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Options
    Why on earth would be fair for someone else to have a shot at a name that I have had for years? The name change stone is what is fair. Basing it somewhat on seniority, is what would have been fair. This is just robbing even more people of their names.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    Why on earth would be fair for someone else to have a shot at a name that I have had for years? The name change stone is what is fair. Basing it somewhat on seniority, is what would have been fair. This is just robbing even more people of their names.​​

Well blunt n to the point... I was being nice @ovenusarmanio
  • megababe6
    edited August 2015
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

Of course that's a good point but on the other side of the coin, those players who had a suffix
    added to their names had also been robbed and the worst thing is that it wasn't their choice. So by your argument, having your original name stolen by an identical name that happened to exist on the server that your server had been merged with is fair. I'm sorry but I cannot understand the logic behind your argument. According to me, your argument is a contradiction due to the fact that your saying that having your name robbed is wrong, however it's okay that others had their names robbed. Kindly feel free to illustrate your point further. However, I do agree with your seniority point. But then again, that did not happen.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    I don't like the idea of resetting all names. There WILL be people who would steal other peoples names, not because they want the name, but to annoy and troll the people they dislike.
    I would rather want characters deleted that haven't logged in for like 5+ years.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options

That's a complete utter **** and you know it, it would solve absolutely nothing.

Well if you think that my suggestion is utter ****, then what about suggesting something yourself because at this stage, your reply is what I refer to as ****.
    First: What venus already mentioned, you're just giving more people a shot at obtaining a name of someone else, it's only going to make the problem bigger.

Second: A lot of people have characters in their current name that are no longer allowed to use (underscores for example), making it impossible to get your original name back even if you wanted to.

Third: How would they ever properly do this, if you reset the names, you can not set it in-game because you can't get into the game because you don't have a name, the character select screen has no option to change your name anywhere. (question also is would it even show your characters? I assume it would without names, but I don't know if this part is coded in such a way that it will load characters that don't have a name, i'm assuming it would and could, but since it's made in china, you'd never know)
    A form on a website could work, but I could imagine it having difficulties as well. They could not be so bad but I don't know exactly how their databases are set up.

​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• megababe6
    Options

That's a complete utter **** and you know it, it would solve absolutely nothing.

First: What venus already mentioned, you're just giving more people a shot at obtaining a name of someone else, it's only going to make the problem bigger.

Second: A lot of people have characters in their current name that are no longer allowed to use (underscores for example), making it impossible to get your original name back even if you wanted to.

Third: How would they ever properly do this, if you reset the names, you can not set it in-game because you can't get into the game because you don't have a name, the character select screen has no option to change your name anywhere. (question also is would it even show your characters? I assume it would without names, but I don't know if this part is coded in such a way that it will load characters that don't have a name, i'm assuming it would and could, but since it's made in china, you'd never know)
    A form on a website could work, but I could imagine it having difficulties as well. They could not be so bad but I don't know exactly how their databases are set up.

​​

Good points however, with regards to your third point, something else could have been done, like, giving everyone a suffix which would automatically free the original name. I personally think that those players who gained a suffix to their names were discriminated. On what basis were they chosen to deal with a suffix? Suffixes should have been given to all players, just for the sake of equality.
  • megababe6
    Options
    testxvi wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of resetting all names. There WILL be people who would steal other peoples names, not because they want the name, but to annoy and troll the people they dislike.
    I would rather want characters deleted that haven't logged in for like 5+ years.

Valid point!

I like the idea of deleting characters older than 5+ years.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Why on earth would be fair for someone else to have a shot at a name that I have had for years? The name change stone is what is fair. Basing it somewhat on seniority, is what would have been fair. This is just robbing even more people of their names.

Of course that's a good point but on the other side of the coin, those players who had a suffix
    added to their names had also been robbed and the worst thing is that it wasn't their choice. So by your argument, having your original name stolen by an identical name that happened to exist on the server that your server had been merged with is fair. I'm sorry but I cannot understand the logic behind your argument. According to me, your argument is a contradiction due to the fact that your saying that having your name robbed is wrong, however it's okay that others had their names robbed. Kindly feel free to illustrate your point further. However, I do agree with your seniority point. But then again, that did not happen.

They gave the suffix to the smaller server, rather than going by seniority. Just because something unfair happened to you, it doesn't mean that it's okay to do unfair things to others. If a store had all of their cheese stolen, the solution isn't to ban the other neighboring stores from selling cheese. It's to work on restoring the affected store's ability to sell cheese. Just because something bad happened to that store, doesn't mean that's it fair to harm other stores. What you are proposing would only cause more people to have their names suffixed unfairly, and would only allow more trolls to take people's names from them on purpose. That's it.

Somebody had to get a suffix because otherwise it's impossible to merge the servers. It makes no sense to change everyone's names. It's already a lot of work to change a server. They should have resolved it by seniority instead, that's what would have been fair. Or made all servers like Arch/HT and Loth/Moma from the beginning and made them share name databases. But they didn't do that. Allowing the affected people to change their name for free is a start towards fixing that. The other fair thing to do would be to give anyone who was affected by name theft their name back, and to force a name change on the newly created alts.
    ​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    Options
    wow just had to peek in to see the absurdity of this suggestion. Venus took the words right out of my mouth. tiger-9.gif​​
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous