PWI Maintenance Discussion 8/4/15 COMPLETE

Comments

• rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    My ping from east coast to morai server is ~320

But why are we really discussing ping already? Is the DawnGlory server physical location posted yet?
    Can anyone please confirm
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    rocky19 wrote: »
    My ping from east coast to morai server is ~320

But why are we really discussing ping already? Is the DawnGlory server physical location posted yet?
    Can anyone please confirm

Last post I read about that stated that the EU server was in the Netherlands somewhere.
  • rocky19
    Right,, the current Morai server is in Nederlands. But after the merge it might not be the same servers right.

Mostly it might be in EU but considering all cross server events and stuff, they might place them in US
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • jamesburr36
    groovykat wrote: »
    I guess I can't get that pony I always wanted. Thanks Obama. :(

Do you really, I mean Really think you'd want an 'Obama Horse?'
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    rocky19 wrote: »
    Right,, the current Morai server is in Nederlands. But after the merge it might not be the same servers right.

Mostly it might be in EU but considering all cross server events and stuff, they might place them in US

That would be interesting, we'd have a good ping and theirs would get worse while the event times would be better for them and worse for us.
    Cool, then everyone equally loses something lol
  • groovykat
    groovykat Posts: 48 Arc User
    I guess I can't get that pony I always wanted. Thanks Obama. :(

Do you really, I mean Really think you'd want an 'Obama Horse?'

Maybe. D:

--
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    tek1nig wrote: »
    razzzza wrote: »
    Cant wait for the merge and hope some Harshlands ppl who where saying they would quit will quit mouse-2.gif
    If you get your way "which is what i think may actually happen. You will get the merge and it will seem as if no merge ever even happened as the timezone difference alone will make for a less than noticeable presence of the merged players. People quitting from the lag,non-events, malicious trolling from people that went ahead and ruined player names and faction names purposely. There are many reasons to quit now more than before... So you'll get what you wish from many.

actually NOTHING will change because im on when everyone else from US is online its not like this merge will somehow consume time and will bring the entire US into a different timezone.
    It will only change what people are in events and such and... i really dont mind some of the harshlands folks to sleep at that time honestly mouse-2.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    surtr wrote: »
    Maintenance question: What is your favorite science fiction series? Be it books, movies, or otherwise.
    I don't watch series, but one I can name: Firefly.

Would also like to know something about names problem. Would it be possible to solve via ticket system?
    And, bloodedone87, they said it's doable. Wouldn't hurt to learn what are they going to do with this. They can say "no, gtfo", "yes, sending out soon™", "we can change manually" or whatever else, but can they at least say something? normal-27.gif

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    Maintenance question: What is your favorite science fiction series? Be it books, movies, or otherwise.
    I don't watch series, but one I can name: Firefly.

Would also like to know something about names problem. Would it be possible to solve via ticket system?
    And, bloodedone87, they said it's doable. Wouldn't hurt to learn what are they going to do with this. They can say "no, gtfo", "yes, sending out soon™", "we can change manually" or whatever else, but can they at least say something? normal-27.gif

​​

I like the little Trademark symbol for "yes, sending out soon"...it really adds to the comment.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    57348450.jpg
    Entertain me!
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    +9000 to reaper for use of Michael Jackson
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    Favorite Science Fiction Series...

Television wise - EUReKa
    Runners up - Babylon 5, Warehouse 13, Doctor Who(Original and Contemporary), Marvel TV series and Arrow/Flash of DC, Firefly

Books- Poul Anderson and Gordon R. Dickson's stories on the Hoka's, a race of Teddy Bear like creatures that take fiction literally. The stories have been collated into two anthologies titled "Hoka! Hoka! Hoka!" and "Hokas Pokas!".
    Runners up- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, Ring of Fire series by Eric Flint (et others). First book is titled "1632", [Honor Harrington{/i] series by David Weber. Pern novels and Space Pirates series by Anne McCaffery (& others, and I think most all of her books can be considered in the same universe). Also many of the original Star Wars EU books starting with "Truce at Bakura"

Anime - Tylor: The Irresponsible Captain, include OAVs & movies (radio dramas, novellas...)
    Runners Up - Eat-man, Vandread, Trigun (and a boatload of others I don't feel like typing.)

Movies - Marvel movies can be legitimately called both sci-fi and series so yeah.
    Runners Up (may not be series) - The Fifth Element, Star Wars (Original Trilogy), Back to the Future, Speed Racer, The Rocketeer, 2000 Leagues Under the Sea, James Bond, Jurassic Park (only the first), Forbidden Planet, lots more...
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    Hi all,

Due to the server merge, this week's maintenance will be significantly extended. The servers will be going down Tuesday evening at 6pm PDT. We expect them to be back up by 4am, but if things take longer than anticipated they might not be back up until much later. We will make sure to keep you updated in the event maintenance runs late.

There are no patch changes beyond updating the server list.

Battlestar Galactica, reboot. Hands down. Star Trek comes in at a close 2nd.

I enjoy 'practical' science fiction.

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    farewell dreamweaver.
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    Dced from pwi, logged on during maintence was some people running around and talking on wc(just now) gg
  • groovykat
    groovykat Posts: 48 Arc User
    farewell dreamweaver.

SerenityCNB got the last tele in with music from the Titanic. kudos for that!

--
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• motherhen
    motherhen Posts: 63 Arc User
    Best science fivtion hm id have to say for me personnaly sponge bob square pants hands down >:) looking forward to merge new faces more active wooo hooo bed now wake to new people new troll new drama and the battle of the trolls will commence could it get any better seriously :D
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    pachwenko wrote: »
    Dced from pwi, logged on during maintence was some people running around and talking on wc(just now) gg

What were they saying? I think you spied the GMS killing what was your server.
    note: i am not serious.
    giphy.gif

• rocky19
    It has begun......................................................
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    farewell dreamweaver.

SerenityCNB got the last tele in with music from the Titanic. kudos for that!

i think you dc'd before some of the rest of us did. I was going for my last kill on a quest and saw a different last WC myself from TheBETS "forming Bh snake pm class"
    25smxiw.jpg

I was honestly tempted though to post this song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiO-I5kjmIU
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    I think all you people need to understand 1 thing, this is not pwe or pwi any more. It was taken private weeks ago so is no more shareholders etc. so when you start off they, you are already on the wrong standing.
  • jamesburr36
    farewell dreamweaver.

Don't feel bad. At least for you it's PvE smurfs merging with PvE smurfs. Just be more PvE smurfs. LC and Santurary and HS and Morai are the ones which will suffer from culture clashes. It was the end of their world as they knew it since the beginning.
  • jjfusion
    jjfusion Posts: 11 Arc User
    Farewell Santuary
    ...will be nice to see a post with ss and vids of the last day :smile:
    for the moment a Hi to Twilight Temple
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Sweetiebot why is this new forum search so slow?
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »

onion-1.gif Is she back?
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    cococya wrote: »

onion-1.gif Is she back?
    ​​

Like 50% :sweat: not really ready for primetime
  • indiaecho
    indiaecho Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    We need Sweetiebot. She always answered our questions no matter how trivial
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    cococya wrote: »

onion-1.gif Is she back?

Like 50% :sweat: not really ready for primetime

I cannot wait for her lovely responses fish-14.gif
    ​​
    DeffyNature