windows 10 issue

13»

Comments

• rawynn
    rawynn Posts: 46 Arc User
    ellavo wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue with windows 10, The black screen with only the pointer. Or the blinking screen like it has a strobe light. Tried un install and reinstall, didn't fix a thing.............. Game worked just fine with windows 8.1, But once I upgraded to windows 10 that's when the issue started :( And I really like windows 10

If you read the thread.....

DO NOT USE FULL SCREEN MODE WITH WINDOWS 10
    I also explained how to run full screen windowed for the full screen effect.

I explained the Directx9/screen flicker issue a long time ago, and if anyone would search, they could find it.
    Here's the thread, and I updated it to include the issue with the page file bloat.
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/770419/windows-10-preview-compatibility-discussion

Thanks syl this was most helpfull..... I have done everthing you said apart from the screen resolution as when i try to set this to the same as desktop i get the message that this must be set lower.... so although i can get into the game my beloved toon looks like something out of a lowry painting.... looks like this is the end of pwi for me until this gets sorted -(

I manually changed the setting inside the settings file.
    \element\userdata\systemsettings.ini
    RenderWid = 1920
    RenderHei = 1080
    FullScreen = 0
    ​​

the system ini, is that the same thing as going into the grapics tab and setting to windows mode and setting screen size, or is that a manual way of setting the screen size to max in window mode?

7GNOisE.gif?1
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    rawynn wrote: »
    ellavo wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue with windows 10, The black screen with only the pointer. Or the blinking screen like it has a strobe light. Tried un install and reinstall, didn't fix a thing.............. Game worked just fine with windows 8.1, But once I upgraded to windows 10 that's when the issue started :( And I really like windows 10

If you read the thread.....

DO NOT USE FULL SCREEN MODE WITH WINDOWS 10
    I also explained how to run full screen windowed for the full screen effect.

I explained the Directx9/screen flicker issue a long time ago, and if anyone would search, they could find it.
    Here's the thread, and I updated it to include the issue with the page file bloat.
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/770419/windows-10-preview-compatibility-discussion

Thanks syl this was most helpfull..... I have done everthing you said apart from the screen resolution as when i try to set this to the same as desktop i get the message that this must be set lower.... so although i can get into the game my beloved toon looks like something out of a lowry painting.... looks like this is the end of pwi for me until this gets sorted -(

I manually changed the setting inside the settings file.
    \element\userdata\systemsettings.ini
    RenderWid = 1920
    RenderHei = 1080
    FullScreen = 0

the system ini, is that the same thing as going into the grapics tab and setting to windows mode and setting screen size, or is that a manual way of setting the screen size to max in window mode?
    Yeah, it's a more manual way, but it will also let you override the settings in the graphics tab, because it won't always allow you to set it in this fashion. I do this a lot when I want to use a custom resolution.
    ​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beastlore
    beastlore Posts: 4 Arc User
    For whatever reason, I couldn't manually configure the game in windowed mode to my monitor's maximum resolution. I ended up replacing it with my 48'' 1920 x 1080 TV, which I've also had to configure for PC input.

It's totally awesome! I don't know why I didn't think of doing this sooner.
  • ecquo
    ecquo Posts: 7 Arc User
    Put the game in 'window mode' and try it. :)
  • kohinahiruko
    kohinahiruko Posts: 1 New User
    Erhm, can you tell that for a i**ot like me? My language is really terrible and I don't understand that. (Yeah, I used google, but how can THIS help me?!) Is there any other thing that I can do for playing PWI with W10? I windowed the game. But, how can I play with such a little window?! :( It's impossible for me. I really want to play it. Soo.. Help me, please? :'(
  • darkphoenix1313
    darkphoenix1313 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I tried Windows 10, arc loaded but NW crashed, and crashed and crashed. After 3 times of reloading and verifying files only to crash again, I backed out of windows 10 back to Windows 7 and every works fine again, and the 'Update to windows 10' icon is still there... I plan on waiting a couple months before I try again.
    \
  • mamanoxy
    mamanoxy Posts: 1 New User
    Oh great! SO what i stop playing untill you guys feel like makine PWI compatible... WTF :l me mad and upset, if W10 is the new thing you would hink they would prepare for it. My screen flashes like a disco... i could play like that but id probably get an epileptic attack after a while! I sure do hope they plan on fixing it. I guess ill check out and ee if the other games are compatible, and if not ill have to move out :l they bring it on themselves...
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    mamanoxy wrote: »
    Oh great! SO what i stop playing untill you guys feel like makine PWI compatible... WTF :l me mad and upset, if W10 is the new thing you would hink they would prepare for it. My screen flashes like a disco... i could play like that but id probably get an epileptic attack after a while! I sure do hope they plan on fixing it. I guess ill check out and ee if the other games are compatible, and if not ill have to move out :l they bring it on themselves...

If you read the thread, the solution for that is posted in great detail.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • missrhinoa
    missrhinoa Posts: 2 Arc User
    i changed it to windowed for screen worked really good for me, i am back in
  • reyane
    reyane Posts: 3 Arc User
    Glad I came here and saw this. I was having flickering so bad that I almost threw up. Hopefully, my eyes stop feeling funny soon. They should announce this so everyone is aware.
    I say "emo was just a phase", but I still have a Fall Out Boy flag on my wall at 23.