Server Merge Impact on World Chat Channel

Options
nakhtuul
nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
I would like to ask the PWE staff if they have recognized the impact that these server merges would make on World Chat. Currently, telecoustics are extremely accessible and cheap, and many already complain about the abuse on World Chat.

Therefore, I'd like a PWE employee to take my questions to their superior, and get some answers for us, please.

PWI players: please refrain from abusive content, this is a constructive thinking thread. TY.

1) Has PWE recognized, acknowledged or set in motion a plan that will limit the amount of increased abuse on World Chat that these merges will bring?

2) If so, what actions has PWE considered or will take? Raise price on Telecoustics available in Boutique? Remove Telecoustics from Lucky Token rewards? Increase GM activity on each combined server, and effectively and actively ban individuals who abuse World Chat by use of excessive cursing, sexual, homophobic, racial, political and other slanders, as well as excessive nonsensical or trade spam?

Side note: This is not a complaint post, nor do I want WC 'removed' or whatnot. I am simply being proactive and realizing that combining two servers who have excessive WC trolls is going to spell total disaster, and will clog up the main channel in which people use to get squads for dailies/instances/quests, ect.

Perfect World International Alumni
Closed Beta 2008 - Present

Comments

• paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    Options
    So with all the other things that could possibly go wrong, or be a detriment to the server you are worried about potty mouths on world chat?

Priorities.... lol egg-45.gif​​
    Here we go again....
  • nakhtuul
    Options
    So with all the other things that could possibly go wrong, or be a detriment to the server you are worried about potty mouths on world chat?

Priorities.... lol egg-45.gif

Is my post limited to just 'potty mouths'? No. It is concerning the lack of moderation related to spamming, influx of trade chatter, ect.

Did my post also say anything about my questions being the only concern? No...there are countless threads about those issues. This is a possible issue that I recognized, and decided to bring up.

Instead of being REactive, try being PROactive. It gets you pretty far in life.

​​

• shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 95 Arc User
    Options
    Seriously? is such a simple fix for this problem if have a problem with wc... Just dnt have wc turned on if your not looking to buy anything.. Just that simple
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    Options
    hey leave wc alone sometimes its annoying but i like excessive cursing, sexual, homophobic, racial, political and other slanders, those should stay. Free Speech
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    Options
    At least you can filter worldchat. it is not possible to filter the cursed HORNS at all!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Overall, I don't think you will see much of a change in worldchat dialogue.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nakhtuul
    Options
    Overall, I don't think you will see much of a change in worldchat dialogue.​​

No offense, Syl, but you also thought server merges were never going to happen. Don't be such a negative nancy, you spend too much time on these forums.
    shadydawg wrote: »
    Seriously? is such a simple fix for this problem if have a problem with wc... Just dnt have wc turned on if your not looking to buy anything.. Just that simple

IDK if you are aware, but there is a Trade channel for selling things. Also an Auction House and Catshops. WC was meant for looking for squads, faction recruiting, the like.

Private servers hike up the price of telecoustics to ridiculous amounts, to deter people from abusing it. PWE would be smart to employ that same practice.

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Options
    If you have a specific question about Server Merges, such as this one about the teles or others, please see this thread here. http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1197811/server-merge-faq/p1

If you want to discuss Server Merges in general, please use this this thread here.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1197683/server-merges/p1

There is no need for so many threads. Thanks!
    ​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.