Just Curious

oreowarrior
oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Dawnglory (EU)
What are yalls thoughts on the current situation: 2 Super Factions, mid tier factions being run into the ground, Troll and Crimson stripped mined for twing members, bankai losing a tw so as not to be 1 land away from mayhem, pvp at a minimum etc. Also, what do you think it will take to fix it?

As a side note, I will be restarting the TW discussion weekly thread.

Comments

• timasdrub
    timasdrub Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Crimson stopped twing, so it's only logical the members that wish to continue doing it would go to Mayhem.

You forgot Bankai also merging with Infa immediately after losing on purpose against a no show (btw, awesome job enforcing tw rules, and inb4 someone starts qqing that's not the case, there are ample ss of wc at the time it happened, including, but not limited, to chat by members of the "winning" faction, claiming they were not there at all) and the allegations of coercion and threatening of smaller factions by one of the "super" ones, basically "You do our bidding, or we wipe you of map" approach. I leave to the imagination which one is currently on that path.

Solutions?: Many, and they already exist. Proof is more than abundant, either by ss by players or simple investigation by pwi, but ticketing is pointless. Even if a reply is given, nothing will be done. Let's face it, PWI doesn't care about this game anymore. The sooner we accept this, the better. Presenting solutions when it's obvious none will be implemented, is a waste of time.

Willingness on PWI part to do anything about it?: None. Situations of fake bidding, using exploits, and down right coercion are abundant, proved, and ultimately forgotten. This last Bankai war for example. Rules are clear, mainly:

- "No faction may lose on purpose or decide the victor through non in game mechanics" and

- "We judge all TW wars on a case by case basis. Not just a concrete "If faction X has Y players, and they are attacking faction Z." Obviously a faction with less than 20 or so members with a low level average of say 30 is not going to win versus a big guild."

Consequences for this?: None. Deal with it. Sad but true.

So it would come down to a question of enforcing the rules we have, rather than reinvent the wheel but, like i said, there is a lack of willingness, nothing new and won't change in the near future.

There is no point in discussing this any further, things are as they are and nothing will change. Just try to have as much fun in game as possible, and take these situations for granted.

Enjoy the game, broken as it is, see you ingame.
    Post edited by timasdrub on
  • oreowarrior
    timasdrub wrote: »
    Shortened

So, in your mind, there is nothing that we as a playerbase on HL can do to stop this?
  • joeisyourhero
    joeisyourhero Posts: 16 Arc User
    Wow. Are you mad, or naw? yeah. you mad.
  • oreowarrior
    Wow. Are you mad, or naw? yeah. you mad.

why would i be mad exactly?
  • timasdrub
    edited July 2015
    Oh, trust me, i wish i was proven wrong... Unfortunately, my opinion is no, playerbase isn't heard. Even the victory some claim concerning the recent tier 2 change (the 9 mill note), had nothing to do with what people posted in forum or not, no matter how much players would like to think it had. Conspiracy theories aside, it makes more sense they screwed up again with rewards, then gave credit to players for achieving said change, lol. I mean, they claim everything comes from China, as an excuse for recent rewards ****-ups, then all of a sudden they are able to change rewards in a moment's notice?

Neverwinter is their concern. PW is an outdated game, past his life expectancy (with consequent dwindling profits), just functioning on "auto-pilot". Investment, either directly in money, or indirectly in worker hours in this game is not an option by the powers that be.
  • oreowarrior
    edited July 2015
    Oh, trust me, i wish i was proven wrong... Unfortunately, my opinion is no, playerbase isn't heard. Even the victory some claim concerning the recent tier 2 change (the 9 mill note), had nothing to do with what people posted in forum or not, no matter how much players would like to think it had. Conspiracy theories aside, it makes more sense they screwed up again with rewards, then gave credit to players for achieving said change, lol. I mean, they claim everything comes from China, as an excuse for recent rewards ****-ups, then all of a sudden they are able to change rewards in a moment's notice?

Neverwinter is their concern. PW is an outdated game, past his life expectancy (with consequent dwindling profits), just functioning on "auto-pilot". Investment, either directly in money, or indirectly in worker hours in this game is not an option by the powers that be.

This is more of a what can we do in-game without to the gms to fix things kinda thread. Was kinda hoping for ideas that dont include the gms.
  • timasdrub
    The problem is, fixing things depends on having the necessary tools to do it. We have one, and only one: Ticketing system. And we all know how efficient that is.

Trying to work against abuse in game mechanics, without having access to said mechanics, or the ability to punish offenders, makes the playerbase pretty much spectators of what's happening. Nothing more.
  • oreowarrior
    The problem is, fixing things depends on having the necessary tools to do it. We have one, and only one: Ticketing system. And we all know how efficient that is.

Trying to work against abuse in game mechanics, without having access to said mechanics, or the ability to punish offenders, makes the playerbase pretty much spectators of what's happening. Nothing more.

In essence, what you're saying is that nothing players do can fix the situation in game.
    I refuse to believe that.
    Players made the current situation, everything i spoke of in the OP can be directed back at players. Back in the November TW(november 11th i think) Mayhem and Troll fought for almost 3 hours. Sometime after that, Mayhem gets enough power to defeat Troll in about 15mins and brings Infamous to a 3 hour(i think?) tw and win. Troll merges with Infamous(partly to defeat Mayhem, some just wanted base helm) creating Infamous 1.5. That merger brought Infamous tws with Mayhem to 15mins, at which point Infamous leadership decides to ignore mayhem completely and go for Crimson. After several weeks of 40-50mins tws, Infamous brings Crimson to 15 minute tws. At about this time, Stalkers is having tws with Troll and Kylin is fighting Bankai. While Infamous 1.5 is fight Crimson and ignoring Mayhem, Mayhem takes Archo and about half the map. Kylin gets wiped off the map by Bankai and the same happens to Stalkers. Stalkers Kylin Mayhem and Crimson then decide to gank Infamous 1.5 for the majority of the rest of the season. Last week of tws, Stalkers attacks Troll again, and gets on the map. Season ends. At the new season starts, Infamous 1.5 waits a week so they can be near Mayhem. Crimson gets 2-3 lands and decides to call it quits with Twing. Crimson merges with Mayhem creating Mayhem 2.0. Bankai members do the same with Infamous creating Infamous 2.0. After leaving Crimson with 1 land Bankai gets 1 land away from Mayhem 2.0(currently owned by Glacier). Which brings us to last week, where Infamous 2.0 attacked Silk Ridge in the effort of cutting Mayhem 2.0 off from attacking Bankai, and after them Troll. Believing Infamous 2.0 would win, Bankai bids on Glacier. When Infamous 2.0 lost, Bankai decided to pull some bull**** and lost to Glacier.
    That is what, to my eyes, happened. Now, are you honestly telling me, that NONE of what is there, could have been changed by the players, or can be fixed by players.
  • timasdrub
    edited July 2015
    Other than Bankai losing on purpose, nothing you described is against the rules.

So i'm guessing this is not a question of rule breaking, but rather an opinion on what things should be, that honestly, i still haven't been able to figure out exactly. In that case, i'll take another direction in my line of thought.

Actually, things as they are, i would assume Mayhem and Infamous fighting amongst themselves would create opportunity to other TW factions. In fact, If i recall, both have 4 lands (not sure), while others like Kylin, Watchers, Wasp, Bankai and i think others have more than that (including all the major cities but one) and are pretty much being left alone, taking advantage of the bad blood between the "super factions".

Now my question is: what exactly do you think needs fixing? Seems most factions are holding more land now than they usually do at this point. I would think that the playerbase would generally be content with that. If the fix you refer to is disbanding the 2 "super factions" and divide the players by all the other factions, that is never going to happen.