Please rethink the next log-in event

Options
12346»

Comments

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Given that thanks to previous login events gave 11 A-cards, Kitty doesn't have any need for a couple B-cards.

But the thing most of you "they got XXX number of alts and get billions"-people don't realize is that if you have lots of even decently geared characters, your expenses can be enormous, too. Even 500mils isn't much when learning demon/sage skills, refining gears, let alone farming those gears...

For ex. if +10 orbs costed 75mils ea(gold @3mils ea), 500 mils would be enough to +10 2 gear pieces from +7 and to buy mirages to +7 rest with event gold aids(and that's if lucky. Kitty once spent 35mils on mirages only when trying to +7 an armor piece...). And 2 +10-pieces of gear seriously isn't much when you've got 3 T3-sets, some APS-sets and stuff to refine, not to mention weapons for every other class...

But, on the other hand 500 mils would mean about 600 BH 100s done with average luck. And if someone had as horrible luck-factor as Kitty has, that would be about 1200 BHs at least(yaaay for all dem socket stones!). Thus 500mils would still be of at least some help in the endless quest of gearing up.

And btw, the inflation from this event wouldn't have lasted long. Without a long-time stable coin source(like botting was) prices would have come back to current level in 2-3 months. Or how come we have lots of people farming BHs with insta-95 alts(which ish far from being as effective coin source as botting was) and prices are lower atm than a single time in recent 2,5 years?
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • skyurr
    skyurr Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options
    What a surprise (not) wha whaa whaaa wins the day tiger2-11.gif​​
  • lild1994
    lild1994 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Given that thanks to previous login events gave 11 A-cards, Kitty doesn't have any need for a couple B-cards.

But the thing most of you "they got XXX number of alts and get billions"-people don't realize is that if you have lots of even decently geared characters, your expenses can be enormous, too. Even 500mils isn't much when learning demon/sage skills, refining gears, let alone farming those gears...

For ex. if +10 orbs costed 75mils ea(gold @3mils ea), 500 mils would be enough to +10 2 gear pieces from +7 and to buy mirages to +7 rest with event gold aids(and that's if lucky. Kitty once spent 35mils on mirages only when trying to +7 an armor piece...). And 2 +10-pieces of gear seriously isn't much when you've got 3 T3-sets, some APS-sets and stuff to refine, not to mention weapons for every other class...

But, on the other hand 500 mils would mean about 600 BH 100s done with average luck. And if someone had as horrible luck-factor as Kitty has, that would be about 1200 BHs at least(yaaay for all dem socket stones!). Thus 500mils would still be of at least some help in the endless quest of gearing up.

And btw, the inflation from this event wouldn't have lasted long. Without a long-time stable coin source(like botting was) prices would have come back to current level in 2-3 months. Or how come we have lots of people farming BHs with insta-95 alts(which ish far from being as effective coin source as botting was) and prices are lower atm than a single time in recent 2,5 years?
    ​​

If you have decently geared toons and high expenses, you are doing something wrong. +10 orbs are free with orb promos, mirages are free from BH, event gold is free from orb promos, and if you need to refine that many weps, then many you should reduce the number of classes you play. No one is making you spend 500m on skills. I only get the imporant sage/demon ones and max the rest to 10, which is normally less than 100m per toon. Get the important ones, and the rest can wait.

And the reason prices are lower at this time than in 2.5 years has to do with botting being removed, and the influx of returning players, combined with reasons to actually spend gold in the cash shop. The fact you would try to attribute it to the pills babies is hilarious. They would eat more money than they generate for a while if some one decicded to gear them up, and i doubt people would do AEU or EU on those because of how tedious it is, most of the people i know, do not.
    PWI%20sig.jpg
    Fourth of the Twelve, frozen for eternity.
  • thesquee1
    thesquee1 Posts: 44 Arc User
    Options
    lild1994 wrote: »
    If you have decently geared toons and high expenses, you are doing something wrong. +10 orbs are free with orb promos, mirages are free from BH, event gold is free from orb promos, and if you need to refine that many weps, then many you should reduce the number of classes you play. No one is making you spend 500m on skills. I only get the imporant sage/demon ones and max the rest to 10, which is normally less than 100m per toon. Get the important ones, and the rest can wait.

Stopping you there. You talk about "free from promos" however they are only free if you can spend the gold. Now, don't misunderstand, I am a r9rr BM who has farmed every last piece of gear with the exception of my r9 ring (it was a black friday sale, I couldn't resist). I am very capable of farming to get coin and using that coin to buy gold in game and saving that gold for the next spend promo, but that's a lot of coin to get a hold of over a long period of time. As it stands, I can do BH on 8 toons that I know how to play (usually do it on 5), My main is in Lumi so I can get 2 cogs a day.

Let's say for arguments sake I get an average of 3m each day from BH on my 5 active toons because I keep my mirages, I do cube for 2 cogs every day and it costs me 2m each run, cogs sell on RT for 2.5m roughly meaning I get 5m, which is a 3m profit. After doing FS I can choose to sell my C packs for about 1.8m total I get 6.8m every day, I can now spend 6m every day on 2 gold, include the days I get lucky maybe 3 gold a day, on the current spend promo it would take me about 50 days rough estimate to get these 10 star orbs for free, and that is just 1 of those orbs, so to +10 all my gear, assuming I use orbs at +7 you are looking at 150 days per piece. Cape, Helmet, Necklace, Ring 1&2, Chest, Legs, Feet, Arms, and Weapon (Belt excluded for r9's) and you are looking at 1500 days of standard dailys before being full +10. If you can't work that out, that's roughly 4 years.

What this means is a casual player who does not do what someone like me does (on a slow day I can get in about 10m easy and still have time to play other games) getting these "free" +10 orbs is a slow process, it's unrealistic. Bottom line is, nothing is free. I must emphasize that this is all, of course, from the perspective of a new or casual player that either does not know how or does not have the time/motivation to raise money like you see most people doing.
    And the reason prices are lower at this time than in 2.5 years has to do with botting being removed, and the influx of returning players, combined with reasons to actually spend gold in the cash shop. The fact you would try to attribute it to the pills babies is hilarious. They would eat more money than they generate for a while if some one decicded to gear them up, and i doubt people would do AEU or EU on those because of how tedious it is, most of the people i know, do not.

And I'm going to stop you here again. Deciding to gear them is as simple as "I have a sin so I made an archer" or "I have lunar t3 AA so I made AA's on many different accounts." Get the point? I do agree that botting is the main reason prices have dropped, but at least put some thought into what you say before you say it.
  • eag1e67
    eag1e67 Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options

​​

First, how can +10 orbs be free if you have to buy gold in the first place to obtain them? Event gold is free from Orb promo's? yet again, how can it be free if you have to buy something in the first place?

second, Bots haven't been removed. I constantly see one checking people catshops to see if they can pick up a bargain.

As for returning players, more & more are actually leaving because they are finally realising that PWI constantly fail to deliver. PWI wants the advertisement ( share this, share that, and you will get this and that ) but in fact, they change it at will and most the time, just change it when they **** up and you end up with something completely different to what they said in the first place
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Gold is available in AH. Buy it. Voila. F2P Free orbs for all!
  • lilliida
    lilliida Posts: 41 Arc User
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    Gold is available in AH. Buy it. Voila. F2P Free orbs for all!

go advertise ur gold in wc and not on forums lol

and omg! the inflation is real! gold on sanc reached cap and ppl trying to sell everything more expensive! we almost crashed the economy had we gotten 9m per char! omg!
    and all the hardcore csers dont add tons of coins into the game either!
    /sarcasm.

ppl's folly is so awesome
    all the QQers have successfuly proven that they only think of themselves
    inflation so what? pwi survived 6yrs so far, we can handle some inflation thats gonna rebalance itself after a few weeks again anyway
    the only reason ppl were qqing so hard is cos the csers and prolly most merchs want to keep prices up
    u want something? either pay their price or get lost
    with some coins lower geared ppl couldve at least chipped tt/lunar mats to improve their gears a bit, no matter Inflation or not, those prices stay the same

and ofc those who have played for yrs now mightve had to farm their stuffs too but it seems u forget that back in the day gold was 110k-ish and u couldnt get all the high end stuff from Boutique
    nowadays its darn hard to even get a few m together when u just started playing the game and arent willing to spend any money on it, but ofc all those who QQed so hard dont care about that fact cos they already got good gears and dont have trouble doing w/e instance

and im not saying i want the 9m back at all costs, but some proper replacement would be nice given that even a gold charm would be better than 3B chests
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options
    i agree. i dont need b cards. i can get those from the s-packs from later in the log in promo. would prefer the coin so i can continue to save up for big purchases
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    i agree. i dont need b cards. i can get those from the s-packs from later in the log in promo. would prefer the coin so i can continue to save up for big purchases

By the time you wait around for someone to give you a hand out for some free coin you could farm double or triple the 9 mil.

Oh, and I just got an S card from an S pack. Nobody is going to convince me those packs are a waste.
  • krian090590
    Options
    i don't wait for handouts. I farm jolly jones every day on my accounts. got about 30m saved up from that and i sometimes cs. I'm not saying that s packs are a waste. I've gotten 1 s card from s packs before, but you cant deny that you are most likely going to get b cards from an s pack. just saying that b chests dont compare to 9m or even less coin than that. doesnt have to be 9m. even something around 150k in my opinion is better than 3 b chests.
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    i don't wait for handouts. I farm jolly jones every day on my accounts. got about 30m saved up from that and i sometimes cs. I'm not saying that s packs are a waste. I've gotten 1 s card from s packs before, but you cant deny that you are most likely going to get b cards from an s pack. just saying that b chests dont compare to 9m or even less coin than that. doesnt have to be 9m. even something around 150k in my opinion is better than 3 b chests.

So, reject the b chests and farm 150K and be done with it. You do not have to take a handout if you don't like it. Besides, anything PWI offers for free should not be allowed to be traded. That makes things ripe for exploitation. Coins were a bad idea. There is way too many people hoarding coin as it is. And coin is easy to accumulate for free to play people.
  • krian090590
    Options
    you clearly missed what i was trying to say, so, oh well. i'm done with this thread.
    Etherblade Server
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    God this thread is practically unreadable. Someone close down the forums. The nearsighted QQ will escape and spread poison to us all.