PWI Maintenance Discussion 7/7/15

Options
surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,

Tonight's maintenance will be from 11pm to 2am PDT. There are no patch notes for tonight's update.

Maintenance question: What television show or movie do you have the fondest memories of from your childhood
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by surtr on

Comments

• patsybanger
    patsybanger Posts: 74 Arc User
    Options
    Leave it to Beaver. The one where they promised him a S War Avatar card for signing in then gave him some gargage that was no good to anyone. That was so funny. I'll never forget that one.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    I don't watch much tv. I heard "TW Rewards" is pretty good, but I can never find it when I'm looking for it.
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I was hoping there would be news on the expansion by now. Now that the login event is over, and we all got our S cards like the in game system messages said we would, I guess there is no reason to play for a while.

Not when The Awakening is upon us...

I'll go with Buffy The Vampire Slayer as the tv show from my childhood, even though it started when I was in 9th grade.
    Post edited by koudelkamorgan on
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    Wizard of Oz​​
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    Aladdin.... <3 Love it
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zefyrin
    zefyrin Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options
    Scooby Doo, Fern Gully, and another movie, who's title I cannot remember. :/​​
    periapt - 103/102/101 sage mystic on Tideswell
    Zero_Phoenix - 102/101/100 sage cleric
    Lambent - 101/101/101 demon cleric
  • tortillaflats
    tortillaflats Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    Cat Ballou
  • igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Options
    A Beautiful Lie. jk... S CARDS !
  • marianafix
    marianafix Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    The Lion King
  • yanahunter
    yanahunter Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Dukes of hazzard
  • mark1c
    mark1c Posts: 26 Arc User
    Options
    perfect world international....never enough of drama and comedy and series still going
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    Star Wars! :p
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • fansouthcorea
    fansouthcorea Posts: 63 Arc User
    Options
    What Scoby Doo ? what Star wars ?

where the heck are my S packs and S card?

surtr, a??????
  • michellereis
    michellereis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    how am i going to log in now? i cant get the log in event if i miss 1 day
    you have to compensate all 3 of my accounts like this surtr Perfect World Employee
  • koszalek
    koszalek Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Bonanza...
  • aishe
    aishe Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    you have to compensate all 3 of my accounts like this surtr Perfect World Employee

Pretty sure you were supposed to get all rewards by now, even if you missed one day. And the server was up for 23 hours on the last day of the event before maint started, so they're not going to compensate any of your accounts if you missed a day before now. Not like the last reward was worth it, the 5 A cards were the best part of the event.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    aishe wrote: »

Pretty sure you were supposed to get all rewards by now, even if you missed one day. And the server was up for 23 hours on the last day of the event before maint started, so they're not going to compensate any of your accounts if you missed a day before now. Not like the last reward was worth it, the 5 A cards were the best part of the event.

+1^

Yep, the 5 A~chests are what I would of been Po'd about missing and not the Gimp Pack in the end...
  • ironknight
    ironknight Posts: 61 Arc User
    Options
    Willow, The Princess Bride, Indiana Jones I-III, Star Wars IV-VI, The X-Files, ST:TNG, DS9, OG Star Trek, can't pick just one. If I had to pick just one would be a toss up between Willow and The Princess Bride, I don't know which to pick. Guess I would pick the Princess Bride.

• alluisseskock
    alluisseskock Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    Launcher says: Enter game fails... after todays lil patch he downloaded....
  • shayzem
    shayzem Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    no patch notes? game said client version was low, and definately downloaded something :o
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    Well I will say that it is strange to get a download and not have any patch notes when clearly there was SOMETHING updated...however I read people are having issues getting into game. I got in just fine. If you are having issues try running verify. Unfortunately this is probably all you can do, and it is likely you just had a hiccup and missed a file.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Options
    Power Rangers, Xena: Warrior Princess, 90's Nickelodeon (Kenan and Kel in particular but i also loved many more Nick shows), All the stuff on the WB, then on to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Yu-gi-oh! capped out my childhood as a teenager. Yu-gi-oh! in particular will always have a place in my heart for introducing me more to fandom, Japanese Culture, manga, and subs. It wasn't the first anime I got really into (those were DBZ/Sailor Moon/Outlaw Star, but I explored much more. ​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • zoner112012
    Options
    Power Rangers, Xena: Warrior Princess, 90's Nickelodeon (Kenan and Kel in particular but i also loved many more Nick shows), All the stuff on the WB, then on to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Yu-gi-oh! capped out my childhood as a teenager. Yu-gi-oh! in particular will always have a place in my heart for introducing me more to fandom, Japanese Culture, manga, and subs. It wasn't the first anime I got really into (those were DBZ/Sailor Moon/Outlaw Star, but I explored much more. ​​

I was actually a sanctioned Upper Deck/Konami judge for the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. I finally gave that up when the game just got more and more stupid, and every player INSISTED they knew better then the judges.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Power Rangers, Xena: Warrior Princess, 90's Nickelodeon (Kenan and Kel in particular but i also loved many more Nick shows), All the stuff on the WB, then on to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Yu-gi-oh! capped out my childhood as a teenager. Yu-gi-oh! in particular will always have a place in my heart for introducing me more to fandom, Japanese Culture, manga, and subs. It wasn't the first anime I got really into (those were DBZ/Sailor Moon/Outlaw Star, but I explored much more.

I was actually a sanctioned Upper Deck/Konami judge for the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. I finally gave that up when the game just got more and more stupid, and every player INSISTED they knew better then the judges.

I played in one local thing, and then never did it again because hell no.Had people telling me that seven tools of the bandit didn't negate the activation of a trap card, only destroyed it. Judge ruled in my favor but was a total ****. Didn't even finish. Back then, I didn't waste time on such nonsense when I only wanted to have fun.....From the mouths of babes......

oh look what's not censored anymore!
    ​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • zoner112012
    Options

Power Rangers, Xena: Warrior Princess, 90's Nickelodeon (Kenan and Kel in particular but i also loved many more Nick shows), All the stuff on the WB, then on to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Yu-gi-oh! capped out my childhood as a teenager. Yu-gi-oh! in particular will always have a place in my heart for introducing me more to fandom, Japanese Culture, manga, and subs. It wasn't the first anime I got really into (those were DBZ/Sailor Moon/Outlaw Star, but I explored much more.

I played in one local thing, and then never did it again because hell no.Had people telling me that seven tools of the bandit didn't negate the activation of a trap card, only destroyed it. Judge ruled in my favor but was a total ****. Didn't even finish. Back then, I didn't waste time on such nonsense when I only wanted to have fun.....From the mouths of babes...... ​​

I can 100% relate to this and how derp the players were....like I knew the rules and wordings of cards like the back of my hand but 9/10 times they wanted to go over my head and ask the head judge for another ruling...and 9/10 I was still right.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • abunnywarrior
    abunnywarrior Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    So can someone explain to me why there are no patch notes, but I still had a patch to update?
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    surtr wrote: »
    Maintenance question: What television show or movie do you have the fondest memories of from your childhood

Back in the days we didn't had a television, there weren't any for sale. Nowadays - much much and much older - I have one but only using it as a pc monitor.

Edit (for message below):No, there was a patch but the info about it wasn't recieved. When this happens my faction just go out and search, hoping to find something that could have changed.
    Post edited by sjampie on
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    Options
    There are no patch notes for tonight's update. Then why when I logged in today I had to update the game. Looks like pwi is Secretly changing things, that's why there no patch notes so you can't see what their doing to us. Kinda sneeky wouldn't you think !!