A new server?

Options
crayon92
crayon92 Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
Will there ever be a New server introduced into Europe or will you stay at with just the 1?
Post edited by crayon92 on

Comments

• mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Options
    unlikely they would release more servers, when all their last actions have been to merge two servers into one due to lack of players
  • crayon92
    Options
    ah damn was hoping for like a clean slate as everyone seems to have huge gear and fully loaded, making the PvP kinda one sided... I guess i just need to grind it out and give it a year for my gear
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    ​​WIth servers having a declining population, and at least one almost to the point where they should merge it; there is absolutely no reason to put forth a huge expense into starting another server.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    crayon92 wrote: »
    ah damn was hoping for like a clean slate as everyone seems to have huge gear and fully loaded, making the PvP kinda one sided...
    What's the difference? Rich ppl with unlimited time or money will surpass you faster than you think. Maybe you will be "equal" for the couple of months or so, then it's over, you are left behind and apparently need new server again for a "clean slate". If you have patience and enough resources, it doesn't matter if you start anew on brand new server or old one.
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sandra94
    sandra94 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    Yes please, I have been stuck for years just with one question... WHAT SERVER TO PLAY? I'm European and the American schedule is too bad for me. I've been playing for 3 years on the 1st official english server and company(PW-MY). They closed the servers and migrated too much, it's dead long ago. I just wanted to start playing on an active server PVP that it's schedule allows me to play the most of events. I can't stand a PVE server and I can't wake up 6-7 am when there's an event. I've been loging on Lost City and Morai, for playing 1-2 days, doubting about what server to stay, and leaving. I do this more than 5 times a year, and I can't decide where to stay!
    PVP EUROPEAN SERVER PLEASE!
  • vulpeca
    vulpeca Posts: 30 Arc User
    Options
    sandra94 wrote: »
    Yes please, I have been stuck for years just with one question... WHAT SERVER TO PLAY? I'm European and the American schedule is too bad for me. I've been playing for 3 years on the 1st official english server and company(PW-MY). They closed the servers and migrated too much, it's dead long ago. I just wanted to start playing on an active server PVP that it's schedule allows me to play the most of events. I can't stand a PVE server and I can't wake up 6-7 am when there's an event. I've been loging on Lost City and Morai, for playing 1-2 days, doubting about what server to stay, and leaving. I do this more than 5 times a year, and I can't decide where to stay!
    PVP EUROPEAN SERVER PLEASE!

I remember there was a poll when Loth and Moman were merging into Morai if it should be PVP or PVE server. Most of ppl decided it will be PVE so... PVP lovers had to suck it up if they wanted to stay on EU server.

I still think the benefit of server time is amazing compared to some PVP/RPK fun, which you can still get trough TW/NW/events or just hanging out outside of west Arch (if you stay there long enough, maybe u even get some action!).

Even if they do make separate PVP EU server it would just split Morai population again which would result in another server merge in a year or two... So yeah, I guess we gotta be happy with what we have atm.

• shade13
    Options
    vulpeca wrote: »
    I remember there was a poll when Loth and Moman were merging into Morai if it should be PVP or PVE server. Most of ppl decided it will be PVE so... PVP lovers had to suck it up if they wanted to stay on EU server.
    But they were both pve iirc, so it was basically fair. Despite the fact that some players changed their minds and suddenly wanted to try pvp.

Sg4FlzA.png
  • vulpeca
    vulpeca Posts: 30 Arc User
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    vulpeca wrote: »
    But they were both pve iirc, so it was basically fair. Despite the fact that some players changed their minds and suddenly wanted to try pvp.

Well Moman&Loth were also new&fresh servers so being on PVE and developing your gear slowly was actually good for most of ppl that doesnt cash. But these days theres a lot of endgame geared players that might enjoy some PVP here and there, or at least more than Morai server currently provides. But still, I dont see a reason to make whole new server just for that coz our population isnt big enough.

• iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    crayon92 wrote: »
    ah damn was hoping for like a clean slate as everyone seems to have huge gear and fully loaded, making the PvP kinda one sided...
    What's the difference? Rich ppl with unlimited time or money will surpass you faster than you think. Maybe you will be "equal" for the couple of months or so, then it's over, you are left behind and apparently need new server again for a "clean slate". If you have patience and enough resources, it doesn't matter if you start anew on brand new server or old one.

Exactly this. People with deep pockets and plenty of gaming time would decimate a new server within months.

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• shade13
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Exactly this. People with deep pockets and plenty of gaming time would decimate a new server within months.
    Withing weeks I'd say. Or till the first r9 sale (you can lack skills like everybody else, but decent gear you either can afford or can't). Then rb, fs, setting cats for buying coins, some nw, packs opening and here you are - "game is unfair QQ csers killed the game QQ faction %guildname% kills all the fun QQ pwe doesn't care poor farmers QQ gold costs like airplane QQ resources cost nothing QQ i have no money QQ i want new server " xD

Sg4FlzA.png
  • crayon92
    Options
    Look the main reason i asked is because like most European players I made an account in the American server (as there was no Europe server when i played) and as we all know the game is dying out so playing my normal hours is like a ghost town and then waking up at 2am (which is peak time) to TW/NW or just to bum around and talking to friends isnt always possible due real life (damn burden!!!). because of the ghost town and the real life i must live, the game then became boring and playing wasn't as fun as it once was.

After getting experienced with **** load of other "Better games" they never filled the emptiness that Pwi left, so i treid out in the Morai server and for a while i did enjoy it as there seemed to be alot of lower levels due to the new races released, but that all changed when i did a bh and a level 101 sin comes along clears the whole damn thing!! and it just jogged my memory of the sin i left behind and how much hours of grinding i had to do to get that same gear but for my new guy to get it, it will be 10x's harder because nobody want to run a TT 1-1 when you can just World chat for someone to clear your BH's or kill that fat **** boss.

But with a new server its a clean slate its a whole new environment and for those experienced in pwi there is no need for me to go into detail on how great the community and game feels when you playing from scratch with other people who also have nothing. Yea you'll get those people who pay their way to the top but they can only go so far in a certain amount of time, as doing a bh solo is going to be extremely difficult thats without quest bosses etc and yea there will be QQers about the gold spammers as there always was and always will be, but that is what made the game fun having a little banter, like in Heavens Tear the whole server hated Enraged faction and the chat will be constantly full with banter and it made the game playable because we had to beat the gold spammers (sometimes some people took it to far i'm not saying).

Anyway thats my reason for a new server is so that people from the american servers can relive their PWI in a European server or better yet allow the Europeans to transfer their accounts from the american server to Morai and fill it up (but i dont think this is possible from what i've heared)
  • shade13
    Options
    crayon92, I understand you, but making new server means creating another ghost town, as you say. ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png