PWI Maintenance Discussion 7/1/15 COMPLETE

2»

Comments

• krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    note to self* when reading future PWI maint. discussion keep in mind that half the comments are from players in other games confused by the search
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    on the one hand, it's hard to see the labels. On the other hand, it's just like, read the category bro. You know the search has all the games now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Puh-lease. People barely read their own forums. You can't expect them to take a couple of extra seconds to read the thing at the top of the page that lets them know they're on different forums too!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Canada is awesome! Happy Canada Day for its last 4 minutes from when I wrote this : )
  • talamaijaci
    talamaijaci Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Can we discuss the fact that Vanilla has completely destroyed the organization of our forums?
    I liked them before, it was so much easier to find things, and now the old links don't even work half the time for guides and such. It's made it so hard to direct my newer players to things in the forums because, well, the forums are a complete mess and half the searches turn up irrelevant searches for other games x.x
    Post edited by talamaijaci on
    rbjupy.jpg
    Dreyani 101/101/102 Demon Venomancer
  • sony2232
    sony2232 Posts: 6 Arc User
    i Dont like the new forum -.-
    tumblr_n9q93fuOQs1r3rn9ho1_r3_500.gif

• ellany
    ellany Posts: 35 Arc User
    me neither but I guess we will get used to it :)

• sony2232
    edited July 2015
    sweetiebot, can you hear me ? !!! u still life or they killed u !!!???

• sony2232
    Sweetiebot ..... NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

11241939_909156572466750_3324136127840920745_n.jpg?oh=3637c12fb265abc48217a9391d80940d&oe=562A3533

• olmeteca
    olmeteca Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you to all programmers moderators and administrators that forgot Canadians might want to be here for our holiday on the 1st of july not the 4th! (yes we remember when yours is) *DaemonCross
  • sony2232
    olmeteca wrote: »
    Thank you to all programmers moderators and administrators that forgot Canadians might want to be here for our holiday on the 1st of july not the 4th! (yes we remember when yours is) *DaemonCross
    u dont need thanks anyone for doing His JOB cuz that is the job he choice it to do >.> so its normal :P :P

• bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
    dat1guyy wrote: »
    Okay I think I know the issue with the Ocean sale ending early.

Perhaps they meant 7/1 1:00 am in Europe and that was 6/30 around 4:00 or 5:00 PDT here where I live (California - Pacific Time). The post didn't specify exactly what world time it ended at so I figured that was why they went off sale for me.

A bit unfortunate but nonetheless wasn't an large error or mistake, just a bit of confusion.

Unfortunately PWI uses two different time references. One is Pacific Time (Server Time) and follows the time in California for Daylight Saving Time (DST) adjustments. The Head Hunter, for example, resets at midnight Server Time (as do most daily and weekly quests).

The other time in use frequently is UTC or Coordinated Universal Time. This is the replacement to GMT as the standard for world time. Hypers, Meridians and several bonus quests (like the Login Bonus) reset daily at midnight UTC which is currently 5 PM Server Time. [Exactly what happens during DST I do not recall.]

Lately a number of promos have been resetting according to UTC time rather than Server Time making for a lot of confusion as to when something starts or ends.

It would be nice if PWI would stick to one time frame or the other ... well, actually it would be nice if they just ran everything off Server Time as we all already make adjustments for that.

Good Luck!
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 85 Arc User
    I never saw anything in any news posts or anything in patch notes but it seems the Wraith Hunter and animal transformation quests ended last night. WOuld be nice for alittle heads up in the red chat in game thanks pwi.
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    yugi2390 wrote: »
    I never saw anything in any news posts or anything in patch notes but it seems the Wraith Hunter and animal transformation quests ended last night. WOuld be nice for alittle heads up in the red chat in game thanks pwi.

I know the news page specifically said "month-long" for the lamb event, and since it started at the beginning of June it only makes sense that it would end when the month was over.

As for the Wraith Hunter event, I'm not actually sure if they stated a timeframe, but they did list it with the lamb event in their Spring Festival events page so I just assumed it was the same.
    bosk wrote: »

It would be nice if PWI would stick to one time frame or the other ... well, actually it would be nice if they just ran everything off Server Time as we all already make adjustments for that.

I completely agree... for years now everything has been run on server time (PST). Why change a random few things to a different time frame? Change all, or change nothing (and preferably change nothing since we have been used to it on server time for 7+ years now and there is no reason to change that).

ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)