PWI Maintenance Discussion 7/1/15 COMPLETE

surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,

Due to some last minute issues, maintenance will be delayed until 7/1 this week. Tomorrow's maintenance will still be from 11pm to 2am PDT, as usual. Click here to see the patch notes.

Maintenance question: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by surtr on

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    I like where I live now, was just live in a nicer part of town. If I had to pick some other country, probably Canada, Japan, or England. In that order.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I like where I live now, was just live in a nicer part of town. If I had to pick some other country, probably Canada, Japan, or England. In that order.

Ditto, except that I'd probably skip Canada. fox-1.gif
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    What gives? How come oceans are out of the boutique already when the sale page states:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9366873-dragon-orbs-on-sale-now!

The following will be available in the Boutique from 6/17 1:00 AM - 7/1 1:00 AM. Get them while they are still here!

Dragon Orb Ocean - 25 Gold
    Dragon Orb Mirage - 85 Gold
    Dragon Orb Flame - 150 Gold

It is 6/30 17:00 pst and they are gone? I just manage to finally buy gold with my in game coins and now I can't spend them on Oceans with the spend promo...

Maybe the boutique items are removed as soon as the maintenance gets posted but at least don't have sales ending sooner than when they were official stated.

Seeing that that was page inaccurate, I was afraid about the Spend/Charge Promotion page as well. Luckily, I manage to still get the spend rewards items just now (by spending it on pigments instead). Still, I wish Oceans were available but I didn't have much of an option.
    Post edited by dat1guyy on
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    nice patch notes, so instead of fixing something you just alter the text and pretend a feature was never there, niceeeee
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    mosz wrote: »
    nice patch notes, so instead of fixing something you just alter the text and pretend a feature was never there, niceeeee

Oh come on. You've been here long enough to know all PWE can do is text. If the devs told them that whatever broke isn't getting changed (which is likely the case here) then all PWE can do is change the text to match. Really blows though and I'm glad they at least compensated those of us hit by the issue when it was discovered.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • jazerk
    jazerk Posts: 12 Arc User
    This must not of been for forsaken world maintenance. Because it is down for maintenance now.
    I guess you have to watch all discussion. It don't seem to work as what you have it set to view.
  • opkossy
    jazerk wrote: »
    This must not of been for forsaken world maintenance. Because it is down for maintenance now.
    I guess you have to watch all discussion. It don't seem to work as what you have it set to view.

Nope this is PWI. To only see Forsaken world you'd have to hide all categories except Forsaken world from http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/ via the little gear when you hover your mouse over a category. After you've done that, only updates from Forsaken World will show when you look for new posts/topics.
  • jazerk
    jazerk Posts: 12 Arc User
    opkossy wrote: »

Nope this is PWI. To only see Forsaken world you'd have to hide all categories except Forsaken world from http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/ via the little gear when you hover your mouse over a category. After you've done that, only updates from Forsaken World will show when you look for new posts/topics.

OK ty, how can i exclude all the other games from showing up when i use search feature?

• opkossy
    opkossy wrote: »

OK ty, how can i exclude all the other games from showing up when i use search feature?

As far as I'm aware, we don't have any options for the search function here and it just includes everything. Makes it pretty hard to actually find things as a result of that. :/
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    dat1guyy wrote: »
    What gives? How come oceans are out of the boutique already when the sale page states:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9366873-dragon-orbs-on-sale-now!

The following will be available in the Boutique from 6/17 1:00 AM - 7/1 1:00 AM. Get them while they are still here!

It is 6/30 17:00 pst and they are gone? I just manage to finally buy gold with my in game coins and now I can't spend them on Oceans with the spend promo...

Maybe the boutique items are removed as soon as the maintenance gets posted but at least don't have sales ending sooner than when they were official stated.

Seeing that that was page inaccurate, I was afraid about the Spend/Charge Promotion page as well. Luckily, I manage to still get the spend rewards items just now (by spending it on pigments instead). Still, I wish Oceans were available but I didn't have much of an option.

FWIW spend promo ended at 9am pst , 12 est. nevermind that was charge promo.

The sale did end hours earlier than was posted.

• vulpeca
    vulpeca Posts: 30 Arc User
    surtr wrote: »

Maintenance question: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Hmmmmm... exactly where I live now, but if I could chose I would love to have a bigger house with a pool! :D

• arcticwolf1488
    arcticwolf1488 Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2015
    Why in heck is elsword not letting me log into it you said it would be in maintenence from 11PM to 2AM wtf??!!
  • opkossy
    edited July 2015
    Why in heck is elsword not letting me log into it you said it would be in maintenence from 11PM to 2AM wtf??!!

You're in the wrong section. This is for PWI and not Elsword.
  • abunnywarrior
    abunnywarrior Posts: 24 Arc User
    dat1guyy wrote: »

As far as I'm aware, the dragon orb sale was online parallel to the log-in event. So maybe at 1 a.m., it was actually 9:00 p.m. server time? Only a theory.
  • escapistartist
    escapistartist Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'll just pretend the question is "If you could live anywhere out of the world". So I can answer with Wonderland! :blush:
    Sheepy_Siggy.png
    (´ω`) ( °ω° )
    Woollen Fox • Ylvanie • Twilight Temple
  • jessilynn4
    jessilynn4 Posts: 4 Arc User
    It's 8:44am Eastern time and I can't login. I get disconnected every time I try, and I did restart the arc program. (My whole computer actually) Is anyone else having this ussue? Is the server still under maint?
  • decounting
    decounting Posts: 1 Arc User
    09:23, East Coast, USA. Cant get the launcher to even come up. Appears the Maitnence is not the "HAPPYFUNTIMEYEAH!" moment they we're looking for.
    I'm a Free-To-Play player, just want to say to the Devs and Staff, I love this game!
    I know you catch flak for stuff, but i do appreciate the work.
    Be well, Kill well!
  • gizhella
    gizhella Posts: 3 Arc User
    i am trying to log in, but when i come to the place where i chose what server (NYOS) and i want to go into my chars, it say, i have been disconected, and my client-version is out of date.
    and i have read we have got new patch, i dont get the new patch.
    i know more that have that problem, what can we do to solve it, or is it the maintance, that have gone wrong
  • opkossy
    You guys are at the wrong game. PWI's maintenance isn't for another... 16ish hours.
  • osculiminc
    osculiminc Posts: 8 Arc User
    quick question is this the reason why neverwinter option is missing again when I try to buy zen ?
  • mushariagain
    mushariagain Posts: 291 Arc User
    Sooo, the STO servers come down on wednesday AND thursday now? Any reason for this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • mamagrowls
    mamagrowls Posts: 24 Arc User
    any idea when FW will be back up?
    T;Frozen
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    I wonder if most of you read what game section (this is PWI) you are in before posting?

As for the PWI maintenance...doesn't look like much to it, though wish there were a few more...fixes.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    I wonder if most of you read what game section (this is PWI) you are in before posting?

As for the PWI maintenance...doesn't look like much to it, though wish there were a few more...fixes.

They're using the search feature, so they're just coming right into the thread at the last unread post.

PWE really needs to label maintenance threads with at least the game acronym now, since there's no discernible features otherwise. =/

I kinda wish they had the game subforums appending the acronyms to the front of the threads in the search, so that you could tell what section each thread was from.
  • opkossy
    krittycat wrote: »

They're using the search feature, so they're just coming right into the thread at the last unread post.

PWE really needs to label maintenance threads with at least the game acronym now, since there's no discernible features otherwise. =/

I kinda wish they had the game subforums appending the acronyms to the front of the threads in the search, so that you could tell what section each thread was from.

Yeah. Only seeing the category the threads are in and not the full paths is gonna be... really bad and cause a TON of clutter with things like this. Having everything in one place and not having a viable means of separating them is really just asking for chaos and confusion from the majority.tiger-9.gif
  • zaquiese1
    zaquiese1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    i keep getting disconnected from the server ...is anyone else having this problem
  • zaquiese1
    zaquiese1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    its 4 oclock pm and im in st louis i love it
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Okay I think I know the issue with the Ocean sale ending early.

Perhaps they meant 7/1 1:00 am in Europe and that was 6/30 around 4:00 or 5:00 PDT here where I live (California - Pacific Time). The post didn't specify exactly what world time it ended at so I figured that was why they went off sale for me.

A bit unfortunate but nonetheless wasn't an large error or mistake, just a bit of confusion.
  • returndead12
    returndead12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    what time the maintinance for blacklight finish
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Ditto, except that I'd probably skip Canada. fox-1.gif

Awwww but Canada is awesome :( Some parts, anyway.

But Venus can come and live with me! fox-1.gif

As for me... I have no idea, really. I guess I would say San Francisco just to be closer to my sister. But I actually love where I live now; the climate is fantastic, the people are very friendly, and the city isn't overwhelmingly large.

ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)