Everytime we have maint....

camoodii
camoodii Posts: 51 Arc User
Have you noticed that everytime, and I do mean EVERYTIME they do a maint. we get lag spikes, mass dc'ing over and over again. Why is it that when they, PWI are suppose to FIX things they break stuff? I'm just taking a guess here but I would say that they need to get a better staff. People that know what they are doing. I play other games too and I can truly say that this company is the worst when it comes to getting stuff right the first time or the second even.

How many of you are getting dc'ed? Getting lag spikes? How many of you, like me have just decided to go to forums, post about how once again they screwed up and then go play another game from another company? How many people do you thing PWI has lost because of this? Srsly PWI get you **** together! Done, going to play a game that actually works.

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Actually, No. I haven't noticed this. So far everyone that has complained like you, and provided actual information, was able to track it down to either a regional node, or an issue on the user's end. Most commonly it's the international hub in LA that's causing the issue, and has absolutely nothing to do with PWE.

EDIT: If you are on an East Coast server right now, then it's a known issue and they are working on it. They just announced another maintenance window.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • klystron
    klystron Posts: 31 Arc User
    You must be new Sylent there have been ongoing issues with east coast servers for a long time now well over 12 months.
  • sylenthunder
    klystron wrote: »
    You must be new Sylent there have been ongoing issues with east coast servers for a long time now well over 12 months.
    No, I'm not new, and aside from the known server issues, the problems have been largely on regional nodes. Most commonly with people in Europe playing on the East Coast server. You must be new if you think I'm new. ;)

​​
  • camoodii
    camoodii Posts: 51 Arc User
    We'll this account is new but I'm not. I've played for years and years. And yes on East Coast servers since I live on the East Coast of the USA, in North Carolina not overseas but right here in the USA. We have had this problem for a long time and it's only been getting worse. I quit playing because of this issue before and only came back because I missed my friends, and I found that the problem is still here. I enjoy playing PWI but I do not think that the staff seems to know how to fix this problem for good. I mean they "fix" it for a while, but is it really fixed? No as we can see it's not fixed and I don't think they know how to fix it. Putting a bandaid on it and saying it fix works only until the next time they do a maint. as we have seen. In fact I think a large group of us feel they might even be making things worse.

PS l for one still hate Arc and can't stand these new forums.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Maintenance issues" are good excuse for connectivity problems people are unaware about or simply completely ignore. It's a good whine starter.

So many helpful content around forum. But laziness wins every time.[color]
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    klystron wrote: »

LOL sylen is probably the most knowledgeable person on the forums and has been here as long as I know. Listen to him he knows what he is talking about.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    No, I do not have this issue. If you make a thread in tech-support with actual information, maybe you an receive help on why you experience it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • sylenthunder
    No, I do not have this issue. If you make a thread in tech-support with actual information, maybe you an receive help on why you experience it.
    Pro-Tip... Start Here
    This is also very good...

​​
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I noticed the tracert is different now. Before the end there are now two hops that don't return ping requests. I wonder what happened in there.

10 69 ms 53 ms 52 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    11 60 ms 67 ms 53 ms 198.49.243.250
    12 57 ms 61 ms 64 ms 198.49.243.253
    13 * * *
    14 * * *
    15 50 ms 58 ms 61 ms 198.49.243.17
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • laikiraski
    laikiraski Posts: 82 Arc User
    camoodii wrote: »
    Have you noticed that everytime, and I do mean EVERYTIME they do a maint. we get lag spikes, mass dc'ing over and over again. Why is it that when they, PWI are suppose to FIX things they break stuff? I'm just taking a guess here but I would say that they need to get a better staff. People that know what they are doing. I play other games too and I can truly say that this company is the worst when it comes to getting stuff right the first time or the second even.

How many of you are getting dc'ed? Getting lag spikes? How many of you, like me have just decided to go to forums, post about how once again they screwed up and then go play another game from another company? How many people do you thing PWI has lost because of this? Srsly PWI get you **** together! Done, going to play a game that actually works.

No i didnt notice a s**t
  • sylenthunder
    zentfamily wrote: »
    I noticed the tracert is different now. Before the end there are now two hops that don't return ping requests. I wonder what happened in there.

10 69 ms 53 ms 52 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    11 60 ms 67 ms 53 ms 198.49.243.250
    12 57 ms 61 ms 64 ms 198.49.243.253
    13 * * *
    14 * * *
    15 50 ms 58 ms 61 ms 198.49.243.17

Based on the numbers, those nodes aren't returning ping requests.

​​