Options
dahighroller
dahighroller Posts: 29 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
moved from root

should we go back to the old forums??? 199 votes

Yes
83%
kinuasasquatch87angelseyestiagosantosgvandotfantonio0590cetoribsup68arifhazwanxtoraahaussiebabe1mango#2840manbabyladyfoxvirusofyourlife2meurikhoover69nebskillerayejay101 166 votes
No
13%
clokey#3498slivafspiritfanghypereccentrikrawynnsjampiekrittycatsylenthunderjyleeleeeirghantestxviovenusarmaniozentfamilyabunnywarriorlaikiraskishimarraecquoeastwindzefyrinthesquee1 26 votes
what old forums?
3%
charycatgirldesuseitoricraz1nfbastiaannet2zevrexsindarella 7 votes
Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

Comments

• nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Regardless of whether or not "we should," we won't. Get used to this one.

If the only thing really bothering you is the visuals, I have alleviated some of it if you follow the link in my signature. If you simply want the guides in the original format, I have a partial backup of the vBulletin version of the PWI forums, which can also be downloaded in my signature.

Note: I'm not trying to be discouraging or anything, but I've already come across at least 5 different threads calling for a return to the old forums. PWE is not interested and doesn't care about these.

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    Options
    Yes
    yes ffs .
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    No point, as there are no old forums to go back to.
    DeffyNature
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    No
    The fact is people are resistant to change. It's only natural.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • bsup68
    bsup68 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    Yes
    Yes people are resistant to change, especially if it's a change from bad to worse, which is the case here imo...
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Options
    Yes
    Don't give a dam about mobs on a forum, it should be appeling and easy to read. This monochrome **** is boring and it'S not my job to make it appeling.

Just like it'S not my job to refer this game to my friends... like I ever would, I tell them to run from it.

And they listen !
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    Options
    No
    Don't give a dam about mobs on a forum, it should be appeling and easy to read. This monochrome **** is boring and it'S not my job to make it appeling.

Just like it'S not my job to refer this game to my friends... like I ever would, I tell them to run from it.

And they listen !

Well, I'm glad you can use your influence to turn people away from a game they might enjoy.

Maybe it's time for you to move on, then?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Options
    No
    You can't unscramble an egg.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options

Pretty much this. Like it or not it's here to stay...
    (ugh, what happened to my posts :<?)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No
    They got eaten or something. It says I'm a no voter every time I post? Well that's annoying. And it disappears when I edit. :\

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No
    krisnda wrote: »

Pretty much this. Like it or not it's here to stay...
    (ugh, what happened to my posts :<?)

Your posts are fine - they just don't show up until after you refresh the page following your first new post. Same thing happened to Trailturtle - he thought all his posts were gone, but when he refreshed, they were there again.
    They got eaten or something. It says I'm a no voter every time I post? Well that's annoying. And it disappears when I edit. :\

Yeah, it's something with the scripting of the polls. It registers the vote to the user, and then applies that registry to every post that user makes in the thread. It's not something user-controlled - unless the user turns off the vote-showing thing when they create the poll.
  • ovenusarmanio
    Options
    No
    Good to know!

• fortunadraken
    fortunadraken Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options
    Yes
    If they were there, hella yes. This one is both ugly as hell and hurt my eyes to look over (which means I am looking into that visual mod ASAP), and I can't even log into this one unless I'm using Chrome, which is a pain in the **** to use when multi-tasking. This idea was a stupid one.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Yes

If they actually were capable of making a backup, they could.
    Not that it's going to happen nor do I see them capable of doing even the backup part right anyway.
    The injections made by nrglg and aster make this place a lot better already so, meh.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• ovenusarmanio
    Options
    No
    Even then, there is a lot of time, money, and planning that goes into these types of things. You can't just get that back, and to waste all right away right after the initial change would be a total loss. Nobody likes change at first. I mean, these changes are legitimately bad but they might as well try to improve upon the work they've done. They've already sunk a lot of resources into this.

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yes
    Even then, there is a lot of time, money, and planning that goes into these types of things. You can't just get that back, and to waste all right away right after the initial change would be a total loss. Nobody likes change at first. I mean, these changes are legitimately bad but they might as well try to improve upon the work they've done. They've already sunk a lot of resources into this.
    The biggest problem people have with this change is the fact of how horrendous it is executed and how terrible the forum looks without user fixes. Which is a sad thing if that's required to happen to be able to browse a forum at all.

Sinking a lot of resources into something doesn't mean you should shove it down people's throats because resources were already used.
    They should've, instead, listened to aster/nrglg/whoever else tested this steaming pile and not migrate until they actually had something that worked decently with use of user feedback.
    They did that once, but half-assed and then shoved it in our face anyway.

Then again PWE is notorious for not listening to user feedback all together anyway.

Also, if you do a proper backup, and considering this forum is in a completely different place than the previous, it should be able to put back in place fairly fast and easy just the way it was.
    They just executed this entire thing very very poorly.

But anyway, I also said it's not going to happen anyway and yes we have to get used to it.
    It just proves how incapable PWE is.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• angrytarg
    angrytarg Posts: 4,168 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yes
    Yipp. I'd like that personally as I don't like these.

EDIT: See, I replied to a thread for PWI - I don't even know what this is or why the thread was in my "discussions". Wouldn't have happened in the old forums f1900b619aab2e8382fc6fff315b26f1.gif
    223.gif
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No
    Honestly, i know what the problem with the change is. I don't like it either. I've said as much. But that's why you fix things, you don't abandon ship the first sign of adversity. It's just not good business sense to only accept launches that go off without a hitch. And I doubt most companies would revert so fast, given how long they have been working towards this.It's only been a few days and they have fixed somethings and are working on fixing others. That's just the reality of the situation. I'd rather they just fix these, if they can resolve the issues then it might turn out better. We all know that the old forum had plenty of issues as well.

• yetweallfalldown
    yetweallfalldown Posts: 109 admin
    Options
    Jumping in here to say that our team is still working on a large list of fixes to the forums. I can't share specifics as we're still looking to see what's attainable on our side. However, I am aware of the usability requests (and some fixes that individual community members have already done). The forums are still in a work-in-progress state. As we get to a point where we're making changes, we'll be sure to communicate those outwards. Appreciate the continued feedback as we work through this.

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
    | Support | [YouTube |
  • argrosch
    argrosch Posts: 58 Arc User
    Options
    Shouldn´t all of this happened before you migrated tha forums? I mean, this is by far the worst migration I´ve ever seen.

While vanilla is just ... (there are so many good alternatives, if you don´t want to stay at vbulletin - which is a solid forum software - but vanilla is definetly not one of them) I just having the old forums back would be better than this - but moving it back wouldn´t be a good alternative either. I would just prefer to move them somewhere else (and I know this won´t just happen), which includes vbulletin.

• eastwind
    eastwind Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    No
    This reminds me of when i was on deviantArt and everyone would QQ when thy updated the website :D
    Dreamweaver - Seeker - Noroimasu - MaruXan
  • vajjah
    vajjah Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yes
    Vanilla's background and format Reminds me of the 2008 version of the forums
  • bakujirou
    bakujirou Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    The older ones were comfier, but this, I don't see them undoing anytime soon....
    [Etherblade] Euthymius
    Galefang [PWpedia]

CFvfwVj.png
  • terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    Options
    No
    I think they'll get better as time goes on. As yetweallfalldown said, they're working on some fixes and improvements. The interface might be an eye sore at the moment but switching back will likely result in even more issues at this point.

Give it a chance while they work on tweaking things.
    terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)
  • angelmanuel1
    angelmanuel1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    I doubt our opinion will change their mind.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    No
    It's pretty cool you can see on peoples comment what people voted! xD
  • longfender
    longfender Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Yes
    Honestly, i know what the problem with the change is. I don't like it either. I've said as much. But that's why you fix things, you don't abandon ship the first sign of adversity. It's just not good business sense to only accept launches that go off without a hitch. And I doubt most companies would revert so fast, given how long they have been working towards this.It's only been a few days and they have fixed somethings and are working on fixing others. That's just the reality of the situation. I'd rather they just fix these, if they can resolve the issues then it might turn out better. We all know that the old forum had plenty of issues as well.

Venus... you know I like you a lot, i had the chance to met you in game and talk with you a lot and I know you are really nice... but... seriously... they made you sign a contract or something stating that you have to do a brave defense of every mistake PWE does?
  • thesquee1
    thesquee1 Posts: 44 Arc User
    Options
    No
    No.

These new forums are absolutely hideous, don't get me wrong, but it is an upgrade. I just hope and pray that the people who run it make it look like less of an eye sore, this is just horrendous IMO but functionally it is better.

Seriously though, these are some of the ugliest forums I have ever seen.
  • terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    Options
    No
    longfender wrote: »
    Venus... you know I like you a lot, i had the chance to met you in game and talk with you a lot and I know you are really nice... but... seriously... they made you sign a contract or something stating that you have to do a brave defense of every mistake PWE does?
    I've seen venus comment on things where she disagreed with what pwe did/has done.
    These forums are brand new for us and still a work-in-progress yet people are already crying hard for the old forums back. Until we've had enough time to try to give these forums a chance and wait for some fixes/visual updates to be implemented, it's still too early to be making the call to switch back.
    terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)
  • escapistartist
    escapistartist Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    Yes
    I'd like to personally, but that is unlikely so I have to get used to it like everybody else. Changed things are always... Bad at first. >_>; As atrocious as it all looks right now, it feels like I am on the Forum of an entirely different game.

Think the lack of a header image with the logo is also another reason why this looks so alien.
    Sheepy_Siggy.png
    (´ω`) ( °ω° )
    Woollen Fox • Ylvanie • Twilight Temple