What's the point on teaming together?

Options
Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
I have more fun soloing than having a team. I'm not a team player. I do not understand why is teaming up a must.
Sage barb in progress.
Post edited by Chuck_smith - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have more fun soloing than having a team. I'm not a team player. I do not understand why is teaming up a must.

thats generally a big part of the massive MULTIPLAYER online game genre

go play an offline/single player game if you want to solo
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Because MMO

Most of the things don't require teaming up anyway, but seriously if you wonder why you need to team up for things in a multiplayer game, you're expecting the wrong things.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options

What an ignorant thing to say. How about you go play a MOBA if you want to team up. A person can play an MMO any way they wish. While it's generally a big part, it's not mandatory. ANd only an idealogical idiot would even try to make it seem like it is.

Stop telling people what to do, especially when they did not ask for it.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options

How about no?
    How about I play a MMORPG the way I want and you do it your way.
    If you want to team up everytime no one is stoping you so dont try stop me in doing things solo when I want to and team up with others when I feel the need.
    Yes I understand there are somethings that you cant do solo. Like FWS for exemple. Unless you multiclient and defend all pavs in same time. But I dont think there are many people that can pull that out since you need 1 or 2 good PC and 5 toons with good gear. Or you can do it with a good geared toon , let the pav fails and do just the 5 bosses for badges.
    And sometimes is good to team up with people, it makes thing easier.But there are times when teaming with others makes things harder. Like a sin in ws with G15 dags and 7k hp buffed that doesntt want to understand that is better to let the r9 cleric attack first the boss in ws. Especially when yu doing mobless. Or back in the days when we had bh lunar and a lvl100 tt90 bm with g15 weapon thought he can do a full pull. And I can go on with exemples.
    So i understand why some people that can do it , multiclient this instances. Yes its against the TOS to do so but I understand why they break this rule.
    giphy.gif

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options

Highly disagree because even PWI supported solo play ALOT back then.

Just look at Veno, THE solo class without a doubt.
    Also look at solo mode in TT and lunar.
    Clearly parts of the game are made to be solod.

Yes squad mode for example suggests teaming up (and requires 4 people to open in the first place) but you can ask friends to help open and they leave after.
    The instance itself can be solod but its harder then the solo one.
    except the TT2-2/3 even TT dont require you to have anyone inside the tt itself (you need someone to progress at the wolf boss.. you know the one with the mobs running around until he spawns?)

Later content like flowsilver palace is made for teamplay yes but i understand that there has to be some team content becuse this is online and not offline.
    alot of onstances can be done solo if you have what it takes for it.

i love soloing stuff too and im glad the game supports that in the most part.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's not a must. You will need help several times with compulsory quests maybe, but the better gear you have, the less you need a squad. "Unsoloable" instances like Flowsilver and EU/AEU aren't compulsory, FS coins are tradable and BH you can skip. And play mostly or fully solo. It's possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I never understood the guys that tell solo players should play offline game. Not only one can enjoy the story line or mechanics of this specific game while playing solo, but he can also like playing AGAINST other guys.
    That being said, to have fun in PVP as a solo player, you probably need to outgears most of your opponents (at least in NW, less true in open pk).
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89