A BM in TT - tips needed!

Evryn - Morai
Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Blademaster
So, my BM has come a long way from the autoculti drone that it once was. I want to try my hand at farming TT a bit. Some info:
He's in partial R9 armor, partial APS gear. Base APS is 2.5 - low, I know, but he's tanky as a result and I've not been able to farm interval R8 chest and boots yet. Base attack is about 25k. Fists are G16 +8, single interval add.

I've got no issues with running full 2-3 and 3-1 - I just buff him with a sage BP buff alt and he can pretty much handle everything - just Collus is annoying when it decides to purge. Any other boss I can just flatout tank headon (even ribbon boss if he goes aps).

I've not done TT 3-2 and 3-3 however, and want to get into that, but I'm not sure if the bosses there have different specials. So basically, I'm looking for advice. How would a BM handle the 3-2 and 3-3 bosses? Anything to look out for? Any other bosses beside Colluseast that decide to purge the snot out of you?
I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
Post edited by Evryn - Morai on

Comments

• icevision
    icevision Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well as BM 3-2 and 3-3 pretty hard, bosses have alot of CC,debuffs,purge
    U can try 3-3 but think u can kill only few bosses in there, anyway the importent thing is u can kill last boss and gold from him pretty expencive
    My advice is to stay away from 3-X tt`s and focus on 2-2 2-3 green mats have a good price and they sell pretty fast
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited June 2015
    Well, like I said, TT 3-1 is no problem at all, just slightly annoying when Bad Dog purges.

Do any other of the TT 3-2 and TT3-3 bosses purge? I am not looking to run TT for selling mats (market for that is flooded as is), I want to run TT to farm gear for a few of my alts. Going G16 on my myst and barb will mean 3-2 and 3-3 become a necessity.

• Giordino - Raging Tide
    Giordino - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Only boss in 3-2 and 3-3 that can purge is Colluseast.

Illusion Nemen, Deathflow, Coredash, and Djinscream are basically the same as 3-1.

Twilight Minister is no issue since he just sleeps you then wakes you up when he hits you next. Otherwise he just uses an earth dot on you.

Twilight Emperor has several dots, bubble, seal, attack rate debuff, and I think he can also stun.

Steelation has his aps buff and can also stun, amps, sleep, reduce max hp, and earth dot.

Illusion Lord can be glitched to make him easier if need be. He can amp you, self buffs defences, and hits pretty hard every now and then with an aoe.
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    in my own opinion earth dot mentioned above is pretty ouch for HA classes. To add to that steelation will sleep you while having the dot so depending on how hard that hits you and how long he decides to keep you unable to hit it may be a problem. It is hard to guage how much you could do with partial r9 because im not sure if that means you have any of the bonuses or not. I would say if your BM is rb and 100+ you should be able to do most all of them (maybe not solo the last 3-3 but with a handy alt no problem.) best way to find out is try, you have pretty decent base damage so i think your chances are good b:pleased maybe make a video and show us how you do! Or well. At least tell us how you fare!
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited June 2015
    Well, if push comes to shove I can always dual client them and let my cleric tag along... I got a nice group of buffbuddies as well - Sage sin, basic L10 barb. Should compensate for my lack of good APS of yet.

I'll see if I can run TT this weekend a few times, and will let you guys know what happens. From the sound of it I just need to skip Collus until the very last to avoid being purged prematurely.

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm going to go ahead and gloss over the bosses that present no real challenge...

Steel is probably the hardest in here as he can debuff your HP pretty significantly and then APS your now lowered HP down. If you can't take his hits, as soon as you see the APS buff/effect (looks like windshiled) you can use Leap Back and he will start hitting you with magic attacks, so neither the attack buff nor the aps buff helps him. From there, if you have a good sword and star smite, spam the **** out of it as it's a good way to keep yourself in high chi count while keeping a distance. And of course spirit chaser for demons as well, and Drakes Ray with axes for that little bit of pow from a distance. Once his buffs are gone, go right back into melee range and duke it out as best you can.

GBA purge makes him more painful but you can work around it. If you spark or immune (faith or AD) on his speech cue (don't remember exactly, something along the lines of "one of us") then you get to keep your buffs. It's good to have a backup plan just in case, so bringing a sin or cleric along with you is not a bad idea.

Emperor can be tricky if he's in a bad mood, but to be honest his gold mat is **** in 3-3 so for that one I suggest you skip him. (You need him to open a door but you can use one of your knockbacks to send one of the mobs into the door and reckless rush to bypass Emperor entirely.) If you do want to do Emperor then it's a little more complicated. You can use smack or Shadowless Kick to interrupt some of his debuffs if you have a quick finger to catch when he channels, though not only will you miss a fair few but this won't always help you as he does cast some back to back. The sword for chi comes to mind again as he will make your APS pretty low and the free 50 chi is a good way to spark off the debuffs.

Just use an alt to glitch Illusion Lord. No reason to make it harder on yourself.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well I farm with sin so I cant say much on specific skills to use but.

Steelation really isnt that hard. When he yells along lines of "hahahaha time to crush some bones", kite, thats his aps shout, which will hurt. He only uses mag skills on range so throw on mag marrow when you kite it. He also has multitude of debuffs, which shouldnt possess any danger to somewhat tanky player on their own. As long as you dont have to kite, BP will sustain you pretty well and I wouldnt really stress bout the debuffs he throws at you. Its only when he goes aps and forces you to kite is when you need to worry. If you get STA and HF debuff on yourself the same time while kiting, you might want to spark simply to purify yourself. All in all, avoiding aps, which is easy outside of the rare times he decides to stun/sleep you before going to aps, which is what you have your genie for.

Emperor I would skip. His golds are worthless in 3-3 and he is likely the biggest **** of them all. Spams CC to hell, has pretty hard hitting skill and so on. But if you decide to face the odds, have genie with badge of courage to break them bubbles, those are his main way of killing you. I do him so rarely I have no idea which shout tells what but doing him more I imagine you can learn shouts and thus find better ways of dealing with the main things he throws at you.

Beast. Only actually remotely deadly thing he does is the purge, unlike previous version(3-1) he does not EP you. I cant for the life of mine remember his shout for purge but with practice its not too bad to resist it. Pan gu pots are amazing for this, spark resisting can work too.

Minister only sleeps, annoying but hardly deadly. And everybody just glitches Arma. Rest arent even worth mentioning.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quick tip for steelation. Get a r8r axe, pole with purge stat + range stats. Leap back, mag marrow, switch to purge pole/axe. The range will ensure you on his magic attack range, this way you get some chi back to rather than simply walking around.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For Dark Colluseast in 3-3:

When first porting into 3-3 after it's been opened, a toon is immediately in range of this bosses platform. A toon fighting this boss in the top right corner of the platform can be rebuffed/purified/healed without having to drag alt(s) all the way there. You can even debuff/DD the boss with ranged alts that never have to leave the first room.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    peckked wrote: »
    For Dark Colluseast in 3-3:

When first porting into 3-3 after it's been opened, a toon is immediately in range of this bosses platform. A toon fighting this boss in the top right corner of the platform can be rebuffed/purified/healed without having to drag alt(s) all the way there. You can even debuff/DD the boss with ranged alts that never have to leave the first room.

This has a chance of resetting the boss.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited June 2015
    Quick tip for steelation. Get a r8r axe, pole with purge stat + range stats. Leap back, mag marrow, switch to purge pole/axe. The range will ensure you on his magic attack range, this way you get some chi back to rather than simply walking around.

Already have a R8R double range upgrade purge pole. Lucky roll... that thing has 9m range. Good idea to swap to that for ranged melee after leap back... hadn't thought of that. Thanks. In 3-1 I don't even bother and just marrow phys and straight up tank him during APS which works fine, but if he hits harder in 3-2 and 3-3 that might not work.

Also... How do you "glitch arma"?

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Also... How do you "glitch arma"?

Spawn arma (killing minister). Take one alt (i use sin, knife throw). Buff up sin before that with tidal, deaden nerves, and the anti stun run skill. Go to one of the corners of the platform. Place your dd toon near the corner below the balcony. Make sure you are safe distance away, as there are mobs that spawn there that are damage immune that will dd on you. Safe spot, the line where two staircases intersect.

Use this picture to help you out, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=x0upex&s=5#.VXmP50bQ64Q

After you agro arma, run your alt over the edge, by jumping off, do not take the stairs to the side. Run to where your main dd is. Place your alt there, after that take your main dd, go over the stairs, set up the dd macro and boss will die in 3~10 minutes. I only dd with one character, safer that way. Ranged character get agro to switch and boss goes down the stairs to cause a squad wipe.

If you are a single ranged unit you can do the above pulling part of the sin and dd from the ground. I would still use an alt to pull the agro, just to be safe.