[Maintenance Discussion] 6/2/15 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It honestly sounds to me like they're just saying that every time it checks if it should tick charm or run autopot, it will now tick charm before doing autopot instead of the other way around (as it used to be).
    This is correct. I've updated the patch notes to clarify this.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    This is correct.

If I set the pot to 80% will it activate before charm tick which happens at 75%? This is my main concern because in PvP I have it set to hit a pot before the charm ticks, for plume shell. Plume shell eats 1 mana per 1 damage reduced. I'd rather have mp feeding through pot before the charm actually ticks so the next pot activates after the tick.
  • Sirkura - Lost City
    Sirkura - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ewww thats aweful >.< some skills like vortex, use so much MP that its possible to eat MP so fast the charm doesn't tick. (a lower lvl seeker can empty MP in 2 ticks.) charms don't help those most the time.
  • surtr
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If I set the pot to 80% will it activate before charm tick which happens at 75%? This is my main concern because in PvP I have it set to hit a pot before the charm ticks, for plume shell. Plume shell eats 1 mana per 1 damage reduced. I'd rather have mp feeding through pot before the charm actually ticks so the next pot activates after the tick.
    If you are between 80% and 75% health, the potion will be used as the charm's activation conditions have not been met. If you drop below 75%, the charm will be used first and then the potion will be consumed if you are still below 80%.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you are between 80% and 75% health, the potion will be used as the charm's activation conditions have not been met. If you drop below 75%, the charm will be used first and then the potion will be consumed if you are still below 80%.

Thank you, makes me happy.
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options

Thank you for that clarification, that actually is a win for PVPers in my opinion. Some may argue that it will waste charms but, correct me if I'm wrong, with it set this way you will be recovering more HP/Mana in a dangerous situation by not recovering HP/Mana that you would have recovered with a charm tick in any case... After all, this is what players usually use a charm/autopot combination for. Better survival in tight situations.

Might hurt the HP charms with the HP passive though... Get ready to utilize those Ruby charms friends b:shocked
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    Kossy, most of the times I agree with you, this is not one of them. What you're saying is not correct.

If you have 1 CHARACTER (not 1 account) that purchased and used the stone, completing that way the quest, they would send you another stone that is unable to be traded, discarded or account stashed, that simple really.
    I cut your post here because everything you're debating for hinges on this and it simply isn't feasible. The reason for that is very simple, really. Are there any Super Inventory Stones in the game with those trade restrictions already attached to them?

Answer: No.

That means PWE cannot do this as item trade restrictions are unique to the items themselves. Seeing as PWE has no devs and aren't allowed to touch the code even if we did, they wouldn't be able to create a copy of the item with these trade restrictions in place either. Thus if they tried to send us the stones in any way, they leave themselves open for Orb fiasco 2.0. That's basically what it comes down to at the end of the day. Don't forget that even if they did ask China to create such items for them to use AND China agreed AND we got them in a relatively timely manner, they'd STILL get flak from the people who will undoubtedly go grab the super stones now and who would wind up pissed off that they wasted money on said stones and now have useless character bound ones on characters with maxed inventories/pet bags.

Personally, I don't mind not having my stuff automatically expanded now that I know I'm not paying more for waiting than everyone who got to do it right off the bat. It would have been nice, sure... but it's rather silly to expect. It'd be like if the level cap was raised and I wanted to be at the new cap just because I was already maxed before. At least, that's my opinion anyways.
    It honestly sounds to me like they're just saying that every time it checks if it should tick charm or run autopot, it will now tick charm before doing autopot instead of the other way around (as it used to be). I would find it hard to believe that they would completely disable autopot until charm was on cooldown, that would be nonsensical.
    That's basically what I mean. I just worded it in a pretty horribad way. You did it much better. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Since some people have brought it up, I wanted to clarify that increasing your inventory from 64 to 80 with regular stones actually takes five of them, not two (two stones from 64 to 72, and three from 72 to 80).

Thanks for clearing this up because the mouse-over item description in game is vague:

"A useful stone that extends your inventory by eight slots.
    Use at any banker.
    Expanding beyond 64 slots requires multiple stones.
    Maximum inventory slots 80."

After reading this in game description it appears to me that expanding from 64 to 80 would truly require multiple stones. because the difference of 80 and 64 is 16 and since a stone "extends your inventory by eight slots," then of course it would take at least 2 stones to get there.

The part I missed was the part you described about requiring 5 stones. I either missed that patch note, or I am just wayyyyyy out of the loop . . . . . . .
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    Options

Thanks for the extra clarification. This is... honestly actually great for mass PvP or when you're getting mobbed since it buys you more time for charms to get a second tick off this way. Not so good for MP though since it's easy to jump large percentages on that via things like Plume Shell and zhen skills or classes that just have low mana pools. b:surrender
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This is correct. I've updated the patch notes to clarify this.

While you update your patch notes, you might want to look at this part too?

"*Players who have increased their inventory to 60 with a Super Inventory Stone can now increase it to 80 with a second Super Inventory Stone."

Mine inventory actually has 64 from a Super Inventory Stone and not the 60 I'm reading in your notes .....

Or was there some other patch I missed where the super stone took them all to 60 while I was away? Wouldn't surprise me with all the other new stoofs I'm seeing.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    Options
    While you update your patch notes, you might want to look at this part too?

"*Players who have increased their inventory to 60 with a Super Inventory Stone can now increase it to 80 with a second Super Inventory Stone."

Mine inventory actually has 64 from a Super Inventory Stone and not the 60 I'm reading in your notes .....

Or was there some other patch I missed where the super stone took them all to 60 while I was away? Wouldn't surprise me with all the other new stoofs I'm seeing.

Good point. That should be 64 and was probably a typo. b:chuckle
  • surtr
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Was a typo. Says 64 now.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• opkossy
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks again for the clarifications and being so on top of everything, Surtr! It's appreciated.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Did a little bit of checking to see where this will put us with respect to PWCN.
    Here are the PWCN versions in which various features were added:

New Fashion Sort: 1717
    Wraith Hunter Event: 1717
    Nirvana Talisman: 1729
    Title Quest: 1729
    Super Inv stone Fix: 1747
    Ornament Sockets: 1761

Sky4: 1779
    Astrolabe: 1779
    Nightshade Primal: 1779
    Nuema Tier 8: 1785

So the stuff in red is in our patch notes but I guess we have to wait for the new area / NS primal skills / Astrolabe / and tier 8 nuema.

I'm surprised we're getting this at all. I assumed the next update was going to be the one to include sky4 in a month or so but we're getting part of it now.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Every update this game gets more and more like Forsaken World...And I love it.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    When it says "*You can now socket amulets and belts at the PW Boutique Agent using Accessory Socket Stones.", does that mean there are new socket stones? Ive been away for a few months so im not sure whats been added recently
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    Options
    When it says "*You can now socket amulets and belts at the PW Boutique Agent using Accessory Socket Stones.", does that mean there are new socket stones?
    Yup.

/5
  • bsup68
    bsup68 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    well at least it looks like the Super Inventory and Super Cage, comes back with a 50% discount, still sucks a bit about the inventory imo...

on a second, and totally non related noted.... i miss my 2nd rb mains avatar qq xD
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Is it known yet where these new accessory socket stones are coming from?

Inb4 cash shop, 5 for 1$b:shocked
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Is it known yet where these new accessory socket stones are coming from?

Inb4 cash shop, 5 for 1$b:shocked

I think it has been reported a while ago that they're in packs, of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    They are taking the talisman out due to all the new **** fest of bh farm alts..though its was pw fault in the first place that cause the creation of the insta-lvl 101 alts..now they think they fix a mistake by taking out income kinda like botting right?They take out box from TT because of the income right?Maybe the bh reward will increase some..or will they take out the money cards soon as well?Take out BH completely and say...it wasn't intended in such in such version of the game..and you all will be like yeah your right.
  • Ostara - Lost City
    Ostara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "Nirvana Talismans have been removed from the game" thank god
    Oh wait I thought they meant nirvana keys -_-
  • RubySydell - Heavens Tear
    RubySydell - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This patch came out of nowhere, as I wasn't expecting any of this until September or later.

That being said I was also expecting NS primal skills ans sky 4 so I guess that will probably be next, whenever that will be.

In answer to the question, I could listen to any of The Birthday Massacre's albums endlessly. According to iTunes I already have b:surrender
  • motherhen
    motherhen Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    its amazing reading over the posts and the confusion but 1 thing all know is them dirty words of pay to play consistently pwi have removed earning and added to boutique they have years long history of this i think its great we have somewhere to speak lolz but then say why bother just take it as it comes nothing will change the path they are on speaking here is being ignored anyways lolz no active GM right no this FORUM is for game players to HELP other game players lolz oh best joke is contact supportb:shutup auto pot whats the point of buying it now or is there any? it wont activate until charm has ticked makes no sense seeing as some buy to not spend on charms >.>
  • WaterVixen - Harshlands
    WaterVixen - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Okay so if the nirvana talisman is removed, is there going to be a change for corona because luminance you can get the COF letter, shroud the extra PV token and corona was the extra Nirvana talisman. Just wondering if that will be changed to something else and if so, what would it be o.o
  • satanseller
    satanseller Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    idk why were getting all this ****, why not fig the MASSIVE LAG ISSUES, AND THE MASSIVE RUBBERBANDING ISSUES

Now if you did just those 2 things, that would be huge, but oh yeah that costs u money don't it.....
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Okay so if the nirvana talisman is removed, is there going to be a change for corona because luminance you can get the COF letter, shroud the extra PV token and corona was the extra Nirvana talisman. Just wondering if that will be changed to something else and if so, what would it be o.o
    Corona is switching to giving an Immolation Order.

They actually forgot to remove Nirvana Talisman from the Delta 3 BH2 but it was removed from everywhere else.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    SO you guys implement that 64-80 take 2 stones per row, in the same sentence that you require another super stone to achieve the max inventory.

I mean really? not even gonna try to even ACT like you are not **** the players and coming up with an even more jerky way to **** us and appear like you are doing us a favor????

the super stone ALWAYS guaranteed the MAX inventory size, not 64. 2 rows for a super stone is a RIPOFF and this decision was exactly what i was afraid of, an obvious money-grab.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    Options
    SO you guys implement that 64-80 take 2 stones per row, in the same sentence that you require another super stone to achieve the max inventory.

I mean really? not even gonna try to even ACT like you are not **** the players and coming up with an even more jerky way to **** us and appear like you are doing us a favor????

the super stone ALWAYS guaranteed the MAX inventory size, not 64. 2 rows for a super stone is a RIPOFF and this decision was exactly what i was afraid of, an obvious money-grab.
    The actual original language can still be found on pwdb.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/23365
    Like a normal inventory stone... only SUPER!
    Use it at any Inventory Master to expand your inventory to
    the maximum capacity of 64.

It does say it increases to 64 but the maximum has since been raised (that part of the text was removed). Also it takes 2 normal inventory for the 9th row but 3 stones for the 10th row.

So while the original super inventory stone was worth 4 normal inventory stones, a second super inventory stone is now worth 5. It's even a better deal than it was before!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Aragom_ - Archosaur
    Aragom_ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    b:laugh

AC/DC Highway To Hell 1979 Album b:chuckle