Genies for Sage Wizzys

Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Wizard
Pretty much everything is written about this already.. but in order to keep this forum alive I would like to hear suggestions for a TW/NW genie for a sage wizzy.
Thanks!
Post edited by Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    only for sage ones? racist post!
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    only for sage ones? racist post!

Demon's are not wanted on this post.. shushu Nabslave...
    okok.. you can tell yours too b:surrender
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Demon's are not wanted on this post.. shushu Nabslave...
    okok.. you can tell yours too b:surrender

Holy Path in all 8 genie spots and run as far as you can, you will never die!!
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Holy Path in all 8 genie spots and run as far as you can, you will never die!!

Just spy on his tw videos. I mean... b:avoid f:naughty

Loop holes ftw... although I do like the sound of 8 holy paths. b:laughb:shutup
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • DeathProof - Dreamweaver
    DeathProof - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Demon or Sage, I think genie skills for wizards are pretty much the same.

I have a 82/100 genie, that is somewhat of a Mass PvP/1v1 PK hybrid (because im too lazy and poor to make another one). I'm using:

Fortify (dat Ironguard and resisting some stuns)
    Aquaflame Armor (with a high Dex genie it reduces a lot of damage taken, around 50-60% for me)
    Wind Shield (Another Defensive skill, very good with a dex genie)
    Spark (pls uninstall if you're not using it xD)
    Holy Path
    Expel
    Extreme Poison (lasts for a long time with a dex genie)

I used to have Badge of Courage, but with the new stuns, I rarely used it anymore, also I tried out Faith, but it sucks with a dex genie, AD is decent, but I hate the long cooldown on it, Cloud Eruption is also sort of useless because of the high Chi gain nowadays (not sure if Demon wizzies agree though).
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    high chi gain? not even sage has high chi gain

just look at assassins thats high chi gain xD

and we are also high chi consuming pretty much any "main" wizard skill costs 2sparks

i tried many and i am sticking with

holy path
    expel
    ad
    eruption fist
    spark
    wind shield lvl 1
    fortify lvl 1
    cloud eruption lvl 1

no aquaflame why? lvl 1 wind shield is already a good enough damage reduction skill to mitigate amps and it's always available (cause of low cost) in case of oh-****-purge \ oh-****-i'm-AAd

eruption fist why? purge! it works! it didnt work? 30% elemental debuff, your spark is in cooldown? undine fist gush

cloud eruption why? you can't camp blue shield in mass pvp\pk -> stone barrier pretty much 24/7 -> need chi for ice prison? cloud eruption!

expel quite a shaky choice since i need an high amount of energy and it's very situational, you'd rather always use AD when you have that kind of energy available
    planning to perhaps switch it into will surge or frenzy for amped aoes
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • de4thproof
    de4thproof Posts: 9 Arc User
    I agree that in 1v1 PK the chi gain isn't high, since you can't really use water shield against any physical class, but in mass PvP at least on our server (Dreamweaver), you can often use water/fire shield and get away with it.

Eruption fist is a nice choice for 1v1, but there isn't much of open world PK around on our server so I never found it too useful.

As for Expel, its more of just a filler for my genie, I have to see if I'll switch it with something, but I like using it when I get stunned by and OP BM/sin, and I use Aquaflame Armor/Wind Shield sort of like how I would use AD.
    DeathProof
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com