One of those threads about sharding~

donutszoqo
donutszoqo Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Mystic
Yes, this is one of those threads. Threads that may have been repeatedly asked over and over, but bear with me please :o

My question for you all, as a Mystic, is what is the best type of sharding one should have on their gear? In particular, I'm wondering about G16 or endgame gear. I have yet reached that gear, but I want to be prepared. b:thanks

I have read an old post about sharding for Mystics. It stated that citrine shards(Hp) would be best.... However, nowadays I've been seeing more mystics sharding with physical defense shards.

So..... In your opinion, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks~b:thanks
Post edited by donutszoqo on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Depends on where you're at and your ornaments.

From a purely defensive standpoint:

Garnets are good when you're in PvE endgame/early on. Basically when you're below +10 and in G16 or below. Simply because you have a severe lack of pdef from not having refined ornaments and you can't compete directly with stronger players anyway so as long as you have an HP pool that isn't utter garbage (which is covered by virtue of having refines) citrines aren't gonna do much for you compared to garnets.

Vit stones are good when you're in +10-12 gears and want budget endgame shards. They're the next best thing to jades and if you haven't maxed everything else out yet, you can use the coin saved by going vits to work towards that. At this point, your ornaments should help a ton with your defenses, so garnets aren't as needed.

Jades are for when you're in total endgame. They're the best defensive choice bar none and have the price tag to show for it.

Citrines should never really be an option outside of when you're nowhere near endgame for arcanes. When you have utter trash for HP (I'm talking sub-5k unbuffed here) then yeah Citrines are a want because you don't have enough base HP to do anything. Once you reach the point where your HP is passable, though, your defenses need to be focused on and refining your gears more will help keep HP at something appreciable.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Exclusive garnets from shroud or Incomparable garnets from weekly Seat and Abba are great sharding until you acquire large sums of money.

Not sure about G16, but for R999, Creation Stones (+12 vit) are better when you're unbuffed (purged), JoSD when you're buffed. Since I generally don't die unless purged, Creation is more attractive to me.
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Endgame shards are a waste of money until gear/refines/cards are done.

If your ornies are refined, garnets are a ****. Incomp citrines are what you're left with until Jades.

Banana
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob