Rolling a new character

jyzero1
jyzero1 Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey all, I'm interested in rolling a non-assassin melee class that will level to 60 QUICK (like ... 3-4 days), no expenses spared, and still have a solid PVE endgame without R2 gear. Between BMs, DB and Seeker, which one would most fulfill this requirement?
Post edited by jyzero1 on

Comments

• mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    every class can lvl to 60 in a matter of a few hours - w/o the use of any coin whatsoever - that beeing out of the way - what is the R2 you are referring to?

and what is your definition of pve?
  • jyzero1
    jyzero1 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mulier wrote: »
    every class can lvl to 60 in a matter of a few hours - w/o the use of any coin whatsoever - that beeing out of the way - what is the R2 you are referring to?

and what is your definition of pve?

R2 as in... ranked equipment!! And pve would be any of the end-game dungeons that would hopefully accept someone without ranked equipment!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    My personal preference would be the seeker, though the DB might be fun as well. (I haven't tried it yet.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    ProudAngel - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jyzero1 wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm interested in rolling a non-assassin melee class that will level to 60 QUICK (like ... 3-4 days), no expenses spared, and still have a solid PVE endgame without R2 gear. Between BMs, DB and Seeker, which one would most fulfill this requirement?

Honestly, any class. If I had to pick one over the others, I'd pick bm since HF is so sought after for just about everything, and that's not dependent on having great gear.. That said, I really don't know much about duskblades, but seekers are pretty great too.
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My duskblade is in the 50 level range, so I cannot say I've played much of it, but it has really good speed grinding abilities with the teleport skill. It cools down as soon as target dies (within 20s), so you can literally spam teleport, spending almost no time moving between the mobs.

That being said, I've never really understood how quick leveling works. 60 in a few hours? People on the forums always boast that they pull that kinda stuff off all the time, but never bother explaining. I've played this game for ages, but never quite reached that speed (barring hypers, RB, profundity scrolls and all the other speed level stuff). Hell, even the 29 culti is a solid 2 hours already.

inb4 noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Barbarians are easy to level... fast too. Once you get access to Sunder, they're relatively easy to autolevel. Fliers are expensive.

BMs are versatile but a bit expensive, you typically need to get both an axe and good fist. If you leave Diamond Sutra at lvl1 you can easily autocultivate-level them without charms. The class tends to be in demand for parties, due to HF and the physical defense buff. BMs have more abilities then other classes, which requires more coin to learn them all.

Seekers are expensive to use, their abilities tend to use a lot of mana and their unskilled attacks are not that powerful. Vortex-ing eats mana.

Can't say much about the Duskblade yet, but I've observed it to be very mobile and can kill very fast with relentless drift.

Any of these can be brought to level 60 in 3 days or less. Heck, with a bit of effort you could probably do it in one day.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    inb4 noob.

noob. b:chuckle

The speed leveling involves basically knowing what to go for and what order to go for it, as well as what you can skip or stack to save time (when not using EXP boosting stuff that is). Things like the perfect questmaster and fantasy fruits from Lucids at appropriate levels to skip a few levels wind up giving quite the benefits in terms of saving time.

Granted, there are those who just prepare beforehand and do things like turn on hypers before combining some gems for a quick boost, among other things, but if we're assuming a brand new character on a new server it's basically all about optimization of your time. Speedrun strats, if you will.
    (Insert fancy image here)