Auto patch update fail !!!

Options
_Vibhor_ - Lost City
_Vibhor_ - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Any1 know how to update this game using auto update coz i cant update as it says "File download appear Retry? updating it after a month or so and my game version is 834, plz some1 helpb:surrender
Post edited by _Vibhor_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Not really much info to go on with this, but check if your computer has a personal firewall that might be blocking the updater, or a virusscanner that's preventing it from accessing the game files. If present, shut them down temporarily.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • _Vibhor_ - Lost City
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OK i tried to patch again after turning off firewall and antivirus but still can't updateb:cry
  • _Vibhor_ - Lost City
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Any GM or any1 who could help me with this plz??b:shutup
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Any GM or any1 who could help me with this plz??b:shutup

if ya cant put it in the current forum section then im sure they cant bother to help

(thats a big hint there what to do and where to search)
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Any1 know how to update this game using auto update coz i cant update as it says "File download appear Retry? updating it after a month or so and my game version is 834, plz some1 helpb:surrender

That can be caused by something blocking your client, a corrupted file or a bad ineternet connection.

If you have an antivirus or firewall you have to completely exclude the game folders from it.
    also it could be that you have the windows security software installed: Micrososft security essentials (Can't remember the name on windows 8) or the windows firewall, although those softwares have never given me problems.

A corrupted file: that could also be a cause, on that case I guess the only solution would be to verify files and if it would not let you, reinstall the whole thing. But I would use this as a last option since is a pain to download all the game again.

Bad net: This is also a possible cause. Sometimes when I update the game on my laptop using wify I get that same error. Also if my ISP have problems I get that error too even if Im using a wired connection.

An old thread talking about that problem:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1547301

b:bye

• Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    uninstall and come back in 3 years im sure you will be doing the same thing.b:laugh
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's a repeated issue that hits, because they keep doing the same **** up in the belief consistency is better than excellence.

Basically the update periodically tells everyone on the East/West servers that it is out of date and needs to be updated at the same time the Morai one does. If anyone on the East/West then tries to update at that time, before their real update, it causes the client to repeatedly fail to update afterwards.

If you stick around long enough, you'll see it happen every so often.