Devouring Darkness

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Stormbringer
Before I begin I have to say I like the name of the skill. Its such a cool name.

I know I am a mess in PVP. 99% of time I have no clue what I am doing. Thats why I doing it only in NW. And probably will still doing it only there. Dont really know in the future.
But I am wealing to try and learn a little bit more.
So thats why I have some question about Devouring Darkness and its use in PVP.

1 Does it have any use in PVP or its just ignore it cause there are better skill to be used?
And if it has no use why is that so? What makes the skill so useless?
2Agains what classes is more eficient and why? Works better agains casters than it works on heavy and light armor users? Or it works the same against all?
3If the skill has any use in what combo will you use it?

Thats all I have to ask for now. Ty for reading this...
waiting for the answers...
giphy.gif

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Its nearly solely a pvp skill and has to be used nearly on CD imho. You cant have too much CC-Skills.

2. It works very well vs all classes cept sins Mainly because tidal will block it anyways. when it hits it is obviously more efficient against classes with long Cast or Channel times cause you can interrupt some of their skills with it. Not being able to do something even if its just for a second is amazing for you especially since its 3 times in a row. This significantly cuts the dmg you gain and the combos your enemy can pull off meanwhile.

3. Churning Vortex. With DD on it is nearly impossible to escape to vortex if its not for teleport skills. You can also use it and time your skills so that you can keep your enemy locked for quite some time if all CCs dont fail which is unlikely and the main reason why I wouldnt bet on it in this case.

It's a great skill and the combo with churning drove many people insane..especially during flag-pulling in NW or to slow supporters down.

You could also say that during the time DD is on there is nearly no way an equally geared enemy could kill you/lock you up without huge loads of trouble since it will even paralyze through IG once it is applied.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Faith will make you avoid the paralyze off of this skill. p;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Faith being?
    giphy.gif

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A genie skill.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2015
    Faith will make you avoid the paralyze off of this skill. p;

True xD but if an enemy really would waste faith for this then they are dead afterwards anyways. Most ppl are too quick with faith anyways.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not like there's much else to use Faith on vs. an sb? Since they made half the **** I'd like to faith off unpurifiable for some stupid reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2015
    It's not like there's much else to use Faith on vs. an sb? Since they made half the **** I'd like to faith off unpurifiable for some stupid reason.

Because we needed an OP caster class (: but hey it's not that bad. I could easily live with the purifyability of the debuff if it wouldnt have a 3 min CD instead. 30 seconds would sound about right :p
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    OP caster class?

Needs a magic version of APSing then. Something with 0.1 sec channel/cast time that has no cooldown, can be used while moving, has a 50% chance to paralyze the opponent for (any) amount of time, if the paralyze fails, will instead stun the opponent, is AoE, costs no chi, and recover 3% of damage dealt as MP.

Sound good? b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    OP caster class?

Needs a magic version of APSing then. Something with 0.1 sec channel/cast time that has no cooldown, can be used while moving, has a 50% chance to paralyze the opponent for (any) amount of time, if the paralyze fails, will instead stun the opponent, is AoE, costs no chi, and recover 3% of damage dealt as MP.

Sound good? b:chuckle

Duskblades at equal gear should beat Stormbringers pretty easily. Especially after Primal updates hit. Paralyze so smexy. wtb archer paralyse b:dirty
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Only if all melee weapons get a +3 range upgrade and can aps/skilluse while moving as well.

Kinda half wonder if that will be the next primal "passive", to have all classes able to use skills on the move. Mobile BB/Vovo/DB combo would be interesting...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2015
    Duskblades at equal gear should beat Stormbringers pretty easily. Especially after Primal updates hit. Paralyze so smexy. wtb archer paralyse b:dirty

Nah..I dont think so. Duskblades will have tons of paralyze and a way higher dmg output compared to sins but they are very fragile to any kind of CC. I also doubt that stormbringer can be killed by a single melee target while being in reaper form. Thats at least a 30 sec span in which the dusk needs to stay alive and unless he is very lucky not to proc Purify this will be nearly impossible but ya. Dusks will be the biggest threat to storms in a 1on1 out of all classes.

Unfortunatly...this class depends alot on player skill (ya I know...skill required in PWI xDDD funny..but you need a bit for dusks to really shine) and that is why It will be hard to find decent fights. The prob is that most paralyzes are pretty short. You *** up once and your enemy is on the lose and can possibly CC back and kill you. Mind you that dusks also have the strongest selfbuff ever for PvP.

But hey. A skill like devouring Darkness can *** up those paralyze locks pretty good :p so use that on dusks. Or just use churning vortex vs melee classes and step just a few meters aside of the vortex. They will get reeled in all the time. Will also prevent massive ccing :p
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nah..I dont think so. Duskblades will have tons of paralyze and a way higher dmg output compared to sins but they are very fragile to any kind of CC. I also doubt that stormbringer can be killed by a single melee target while being in reaper form. Thats at least a 30 sec span in which the dusk needs to stay alive and unless he is very lucky not to proc Purify this will be nearly impossible but ya. Dusks will be the biggest threat to storms in a 1on1 out of all classes.

Unfortunatly...this class depends alot on player skill (ya I know...skill required in PWI xDDD funny..but you need a bit for dusks to really shine) and that is why It will be hard to find decent fights. The prob is that most paralyzes are pretty short. You *** up once and your enemy is on the lose and can possibly CC back and kill you. Mind you that dusks also have the strongest selfbuff ever for PvP.

But hey. A skill like devouring Darkness can *** up those paralyze locks pretty good :p so use that on dusks. Or just use churning vortex vs melee classes and step just a few meters aside of the vortex. They will get reeled in all the time. Will also prevent massive ccing :p

I fought a DB 1v1 about a week or 2 ago, he was in +7 or so armor and wep, I was in +11 armor , +12 wep and 100 more spirit. He DESTROYED me. I reaper form, he just stun locked me until it ended. I broke free with a lucky purify spell, he'd either stealthed or used that in target able skill ( which also made him immune to AoE skill damage...) then he'd repeat stun locking me until I was dead. I been playing A A classes for 6 years now so I don't think I was playing bad, though I know his main and is was/is a Hella good bm. Idk if he was just really good at melee classes or DB really that strong 1v1, but I'm scare to fight them now...
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • kairos716
    kairos716 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I fought a DB 1v1 about a week or 2 ago, he was in +7 or so armor and wep, I was in +11 armor , +12 wep and 100 more spirit. He DESTROYED me. I reaper form, he just stun locked me until it ended. I broke free with a lucky purify spell, he'd either stealthed or used that in target able skill ( which also made him immune to AoE skill damage...) then he'd repeat stun locking me until I was dead. I been playing A A classes for 6 years now so I don't think I was playing bad, though I know his main and is was/is a Hella good bm. Idk if he was just really good at melee classes or DB really that strong 1v1, but I'm scare to fight them now...

Zev? xD He's good but it would be stupid to 1vs1 a class made for 1vs1. He got me too a couple times in primal. He would run away or stealth or use the hide skill every time he got close to death. Now, whenever I get attacked by a DB who can kill me but whom I can also kill, if they stealth or hide when I retaliate, I just run back to SZ. Now worth the charm waste :)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2015

Ya, fortunatly I got really paranoid with stealth and am constantly spamming stealth pots whenever a sin/archer/db could be close to death and as I am 105 since quite a long time with around 1k revelation potions...it always works (:

But ya dbs will be hard even tho they will need some luck but hey. Its always like that. Some classes seem so strong at first but trust me. there has always been a way to beat a class. One just needs to find it.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476