range reduction passive

mistressmuerta
mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Duskblade
Does anyone know or tested whether or not true damage skills are affected by the duskblade range dmg reduction passive?

refresher true damage skills: skills that ignore regular game mechanics ie: absorb soul (lvl 10), mark of weakness, telekinesis, soul drain, reckless rush

Game mechanic anomalies - damage does not show up in the damage log,ignore terrain damage reductions(air to ground), ignore immunity skills/pots unless they are of that dmg type, ignore sleep wake up upon hit, ignore all forms of damage reduction, ignore attack/defense lvls, only reduced by the defense of the dmg type, and are unable land critical hits.

I would list edged blur but that skill isn't really ranged.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Embalmed - Archosaur
    Embalmed - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "True damage" Damage over time skills aren't effected. Everything you listed generally acts in the same manner as a dot which is why they don't show in damage logs. I think common sense is enough to figure out that dots wouldn't be effects since nothing else effects them except for some attack/defense depending on some skills at lvl 10 vs 11
  • mistressmuerta
    edited April 2015
    Yeah i didnt even pay attention to what i posted. ("ignores all forms of damage reduction")The answer was listed in my skill descritipion of a true damage skill. True damage skills may function like dots but they are not the same thing. Dot skills are unable to perform the functions listed above in the description of a true damage skill. I also forgot add unable to be purified to the list of anomalies as well. example:You are unable to cast skills like torrent or thunderball through an ironguard like lvl 10 absorb soul, soul burn, or electrostatic discharge hence the name true damage skill.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The common practice here is to refer to all of those as damage over time skills. They are one and the same in this game system (i.e. absorb soul is a 1 tick damage over time, it can be avoided with status resistance).
  • mistressmuerta
    edited April 2015
    That's just willful ignorance. I just explained how they are not the same. AS is a not good a example because it functions similiarly to a dot even though it meets the criteria to be called a "true damage" skill. Soul burn does the exact same thing and acts differently while keeping the prerequisites of a true damage skill.

Moderator please close this thread. The question is answered and this is now going nowhere.