gear macro

Options
CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Suggestion Box
A character on Archosaur server named Ravensfeil, actually made this suggestion in world chat so thought I would bring it to the forums, I am not sure how often he posts on here.

Would a gear macro be possible to be implemented? Seems like it could be useful, though not sure what all it entails to make something like this work.
The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
Post edited by CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's a frequently made suggestion and pretty popular at that.

It -IS- possible with the current engine. We can already hotkey gears, after all and treating them as a simple macro should be (relatively) easy as is. It's just a matter of getting the devs to do such a thing.

I say -simple- macro because I mean something like push button X to swap to gear A, B, and C (with them being different pieces of equipment) and not something like push button X to swap to weapon 1, then weapon 2, then weapon 3 or swap weapon + cast skill + swap weapon again or things of that nature.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Rafael - Harshlands
    Rafael - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I completely second this motion!! specially for aps/g16 bms this would be very useful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It would also be useful for heavy/robe foxies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is a great idea but the ones that I see will benefit the most are sins.
    Is well known that sins even if they are r9r3 switch to aps gear to farm TT faster.
    But I dont see other classes really using this gear macro.
    Why would a caster for exemple that is already R9r3 will switch to G16 gear? What use it will be?
    Or why would someone that is T3 will switch to T2? Asuming that he had 2 sets of T2 gear.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is a great idea but the ones that I see will benefit the most are sins.
    Is well known that sins even if they are r9r3 switch to aps gear to farm TT faster.
    But I dont see other classes really using this gear macro.
    Why would a caster for exemple that is already R9r3 will switch to G16 gear? What use it will be?
    Or why would someone that is T3 will switch to T2? Asuming that he had 2 sets of T2 gear.

Heavy/Robe anything would have two sets of gear they swap around.
    Casters, especially as they develop their characters more, tend to have -chan sets that they want to be able to swap with their normal stuff when the situation presents itself.
    BMs, Barbs, Assassins, and Archers all have uses for swapping between APS based setups and a normal set of G16/R9 depending on the character and how far they've come.
    Seekers using Sacrificial Slash would find it useful for swapping around their gears to maximize their defense level first.

Etc etc.

Those are just the quick examples off the top of my head. It's not necessarily about going from G16 to APS or to G15 and the like. It'd be helpful for things like ornaments as well. Things like swapping gears out for various attack/defense styles is already done ingame and works quite well. Just that it can be cumbersome and takes up a lot of hotkeys. For a class like a BM, hotkey space is valuable enough as is. For others like Heavy/Robe venos, the time it takes to swap all your gear can get you caught in unpleasant situations at times instead of being an asset to you. Those with gaming keyboards are already able to bypass the issue somewhat by making their own macros, but not everyone playing this game is gonna have one of those.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,811 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

It -IS- possible with the current engine. We can already hotkey gears, after all and treating them as a simple macro should be (relatively) easy as is. It's just a matter of getting the devs to do such a thing.

I say -simple- macro because I mean something like push button X to swap to gear A, B, and C (with them being different pieces of equipment) and not something like push button X to swap to weapon 1, then weapon 2, then weapon 3 or swap weapon + cast skill + swap weapon again or things of that nature.

Asked and answered.

This has also been logged so cant log this again.

Thanks.
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

late response, but thanks kossy for the info!
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle