Can anyone help?

Icedog - Dreamweaver
Icedog - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Hello everyone.

To start off, I haven't played PWI in a very long time. I stopped playing probably 4-5 years ago. However, I recently got the urge to come back and check out all the new content from the latest expansion.

With that said, I decided to roll a Stormbringer alt and give it a go. I was playing last night and made it through the new starting zone (Celestial Vale) and then went on to my race's city (Dawnsglory). Once there, I did maybe 5 quests and paused to fly down to City of Plume.

I have a friend who decided to play also and he made an Archer. While he was questing in Plume he told me that he had received some rewards from two NPCs (Lucidsilver Agent and Perfect Questmaster) - mainly experience fruit, which gave him roughly 5 levels (took him from lvl 20 to 25). So, I decided to go down and see if I could get the rewards also. I don't remember these ever being in the game before, so I assume it is something new.

Anyhow, I get down to Plume and grab the rewards. I eat the fruit and level up to 28. I fly back up to Dawnglory and continue my questing. After about another 5 quests, though, I run into a problem. I was working on a quest called "The Map Reader" where I was supposed to bring a treasure map to NPC (Yann Uriy). When I talked to this NPC, the quest item disappeared, I didn't receive any xp or reward, and I was not given any kind of follow up conversation or quest.

In fact, as soon as I talked to this NPC all the quests in this zone disappeared. I no longer have any available quests in the Dawnsglory area, and I know there are more because I havent even explored all of the island. The only available quests that I have now are the ones starting in Archosaur.

Anyone have any idea what's going on. Sound like a quest bug? Did I outlevel the area?

I don't remember ever having the ability to outlevel quests in this game (at least not to the point that they just vanish and you are never able to complete them). Has this changed?

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be thorough. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Cheers
Post edited by Icedog - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I don't remember ever having the ability to outlevel quests in this game (at least not to the point that they just vanish and you are never able to complete them). Has this changed?

Cheers

its always been in the game the ability to outlvl quests, can check quests on pwdatabase.com to confirm lvl ranges
  • Baddpanda - Dreamweaver
    Baddpanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since the expansion u can oulevel some beginning quests.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You'll be able to complete outleveled quests after rebirth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Icedog - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2015
    Ok.

Thank you all for the help.

I was hoping it was just an outleveling issue and not a bug. Although, I am a little bummed that I outleveled the content. Guess I should have waited to use those EXP fruits.

Also, I remember being able to outlevel quests in the past, but I don't remember them disappearing (specifically the quest icon above the NPC). That seems new.

Anyway, thanks for the info :)
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    VileBlack - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok.

Thank you all for the help.

I was hoping it was just an outleveling issue and not a bug. Although, I am a little bummed that I outleveled the content. Guess I should have waited to use those EXP fruits.

Also, I remember being able to outlevel quests in the past, but I don't remember them disappearing (specifically the quest icon above the NPC). That seems new.

Anyway, thanks for the info :)

Just gonna throw this out there. I would wait to use the exp items you get from the perfect quest master until after you rb...you will get 4x(1st rb) or 3.5x(2nd rb) the exp and you will want to lvl quickly after you do rb. Not necessary, but that's what I wish I would have done. Lvling started to slow for lvls 80-90 for me.
  • Icedog - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2015
    The whole rebirth thing in this game is completely brand new to me. I really don't know much about it, and I have yet to take the time to research it. I haven't even done any of that on my main character (101 Archer).

However, I do appreciate the information... so thank you :)

This seems like an entirely new game from when I played last. I guess I have lots to learn again.
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    VileBlack - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The whole rebirth thing in this game is completely brand new to me. I really don't know much about it, and I have yet to take the time to research it. I haven't even done any of that on my main character (101 Archer).

However, I do appreciate the information... so thank you :)

This seems like an entirely new game from when I played last. I guess I have lots to learn again.

I was on a break as well and it was new to me, but you do want to do it. More stats, new area, new dailes, skills, instances. I would definately read up on it...I know I had to.
  • Icedog - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2015
    I was on a break as well and it was new to me, but you do want to do it. More stats, new area, new dailes, skills, instances. I would definately read up on it...I know I had to.

Awesome!

Sounds like I have a lot to catch up on. It's cool though, it will give me something to do.

Thanks again :)