RB Cleric lvl'g 1-70

VitoryXXX - Archosaur
VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Cleric
I usually make Mystic videos but thought will try other classes as well and made the cleric lvl'ing vid.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwl2eFgEI10
Now im not really good with cleric because it's so much different from Mystic for me, mostly because i am more used very quick channel heals and AoE's and cleric have way longer channel so i kind of find it rather difficult to get used to.
I do get interrupted a lot on my pulls so maybe thought anyone might have some advice on how to do big pulls and...don't get interrupted like hell. I am mostly fine but maybe there's something obvious that i don't see..
Can do a pull then Sirens Kiss > holypath away from mobs and kill them with Razor Feathers by the time they can move again and catch up to me....but problem is i usually use up both holypaths when pulling =.=''
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
100-100-102 Demon Psychic
100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
And other alt's i don't play~
Post edited by VitoryXXX - Archosaur on

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice video.

Hmmm, upon watching it, I know that you're full G16 on your cleric, so like me you also don't have the advantage of using purify proc to give yourself some room before attacking in pulls. I admit, I have not completely solved the issue of getting interrupted tons of times, and I do exhaust my genie relatively quickly. As you said, I tend to use both holy paths while pulling also. For me however, I tend to be able to holy path again a third time after a few seconds, so that I can gain that needed room.

I also suggest working towards Soothing Pulse. It's a skill that cannot be interrupted by normal attacks, and can prove to be a life saver in critical times. I know that it has saved me for sure.

I also suggest getting sage magic shell, if you can find it for a reasonable price. You can cast it when you still have breathing room, or even if they're on you, provided you're stabilized healwise, then launch your assault.

We clerics do have semi-fast healing channels, but our AOE's are pretty slow, the sole exception being siren's kiss. Heck, I get interrupted pulling in dailies, or reverse clearing pavilions in Warsong.

Another tactic, though more legnthy is to absolute domain, and let loose, whilst keeping yourself stabilized. I namely do this when I'm just getting tons of interrupts, and can do virtually nothing but stay alive.

I know these aren't the best answers in the world, but it is what I do without switching to channeling gear to fight. (Which sometimes it does help to do.)

OVerall, I suggest the sage magic shell tactic and soothing pulse investment as a top choice. The biggest advantage of sage magic shell is to help stop interruptions from taking place, and soothing pulse helps you stay alive a bit.

Switching gears when stabilized can also help too, provided you still retain enough defense, and remember to switch back.

Absolute domain + Apoth can be a life saver in a squeeze, when we get interrupted non-stop.

Sadly, this does not fully fix the issue, but it does mitigate it some. If anyone else has a suggestion about how to reduce or prevent interruptions, I too would love to hear it.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Purify into expel and go ham?

Also the option to use either r8r with purify or the ceremonial TW wep on pulls and switch to main wep when you go to aoe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am planning on getting all sage skills then primal (i just have lots of chars i am playing so getting sills kinda slow progress)
    don't really have ceremonial weapons because never did TW and i went straight for g16 so no rep for rr8 weapon.
    Using up holypath on pulls kinda doesn't leave me energy for expel.
    But anyway i think i found myself a nice way.
    Now i just walk without using holypath
    1 it keeps mobs close to me and stacked in 1 place
    2 doesn't use genie
    3 once i have enough mobs following me then i will use holypath to get away from them giving me time to cast Razor Feathers and finish off with Siren's Kiss.
    Thanks for suggestions i will work on skills but if there's any primal skills that better not get let me know^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's been my experience that Guiding Light drastically reduces the amount of interrupts you receive. Might be an undocumented effect of the buff... it does require you to blow another spark though, leaving less for Tempest and/or Sirens.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • christer
    christer Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I always try to get Tempest in first, if that one succeeds, you usually should have enough time for RF after and then SK.