How to open without Arc

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Since now I had no problem with Arc but today I tried to open the game like I always do:Open Arc than click play. But when I click play my screen freeze and I cannot take any action or return to my normal desktop.
I tried to open the game from the files but still opens Arc first.
How I open the game without Arc?
giphy.gif

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • bloodedone87
    edited March 2015
    ty for that but now it opens arc and launcher in same time.
    But atleast now I can enter game without my screen to freeze.
    Ty again for help.

I tried method 2 cause for method 1 I have no idea how you add that argument thing.
    I have no idea what is that ''argument'' or were to add it.b:surrender
    giphy.gif

• Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I tried method 2 cause for method 1 I have no idea how you add that argument thing.
    I have no idea what is that ''argument'' or were to add it.b:surrender

I shall attempt to expound Sylen's explanation, to make it more understandable for you b:cute

Step 1: Open the folder where PWI is on your hard drive. For myself, it is
    C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\

FOR PATCHER:

Step 2: go into the folder named patcher

Step 3: locate patcher.exe and send to desktop as a shortcut.

Step 4: on your desktop, right click the shortcut icon and choose Properties

Step 5: in the text box Target, it should say "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe" or similar

Step 6: change that entry to "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe" arc:1 (add the arc:1 after the ")

Step 7: press OK. using this shortcut should start the patcher without launching ARC

FOR CLIENT
    Basically the same as patcher, only you want to find elementclient.exe in the folder element
    Then change the target in the shorcut from
    "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe"
    to "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher

The shortcut will now start the game client without ARC or the patcher opening.

I hope that was more understandable for you. Personally, I tend to use the element for daily play, and only load the patcher for updates.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • bloodedone87
    edited March 2015
    I shall attempt to expound Sylen's explanation, to make it more understandable for you b:cute

FOR PATCHER:

Step 5: in the text box Target, it should say "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe" or similar

Step 6: change that entry to "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe" arc:1 (add the arc:1 after the ")

Step 7: press OK. using this shortcut should start the patcher without launching ARC

FOR CLIENT
    Basically the same as patcher, only you want to find elementclient.exe in the folder element
    to "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher

I hope that was more understandable for you. Personally, I tend to use the element for daily play, and only load the patcher for updates.

ty so much.
    indead this is more understandable for me

Edit: it works now, it opens the launcher without opening arc.
    Ty again.
    giphy.gif

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015

FOR PATCHER:

FOR CLIENT

Sweetiebot please award Sereneai 10 points for explaining how to do this in a way an idiot can understand (thank you very much, could not tell how to do this from the guide)
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Sweetiebot please award Sereneai 10 points for explaining how to do this in a way an idiot can understand (thank you very much, could not tell how to do this from the guide)
    demansfairy awards 10 points to Sereneai - Dreamweaver!
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver is now in 6th place for March 2015 with 10 points (10 points overall).
    demansfairy can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451