a question to any gm/admin/red name perosn

Options
Boomz - Harshlands
Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
so its obvious sparkie was fired/quit/laid off. Is this because pwi is finally doing that turn over thats like a couple months overdue?

What this mean: Are they finally bringing in a real competant staff along with an actual american/chinese developer to open up everything for us and get us on track with china and so we can actually have someone who can do like anything?

A detailed answer would be nice from any gm/admin on this because the player base has a right to know where this company is heading and if there are good positive changes comming. Also if this is true shouldn't there be a meet and greet or something?
░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
Post edited by Boomz - Harshlands on

Comments

• Rafael - Harshlands
    Rafael - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Funny, Sparkie just posted on forums less than two hours ago >.> a ghost maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rafael - Harshlands
    Rafael - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    aaaah I correct myself was reading date wrong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    so its obvious sparkie was fired/quit/laid off. Is this because pwi is finally doing that turn over thats like a couple months overdue?

No. He works from home as does everyone within the PWE universe now.

What this mean: Are they finally bringing in a real competant staff along with an actual american/chinese developer to open up everything for us and get us on track with china and so we can actually have someone who can do like anything?

No one will be brought in. PWI is no longer their flagship game. Look at PWE social media accounts. Maybe 1-2% of what is posted is PWI related. No one in PWE can "open up" things. China makes all the decisions on what they want in their game. They can't pay the people they have no, you think they are going to bring in other people to do "everything"?

A detailed answer would be nice from any gm/admin on this because the player base has a right to know where this company is heading and if there are good positive changes comming. Also if this is true shouldn't there be a meet and greet or something?

They dont have to tell you anything. What they do with this game and any other of their game is none of our business. Get over yourself and stop assuming your are entitled to things in the game. This is a business, and a business that you have no say in. They will do what they see is financially fit.

If sparkie was fired, quit or let go. It isnt our business. If he has been, best of luck to him.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Honestly I doubt they bring someone else. and even if they do, will most likely be like previous CMs: someone from another title or someone new to assign more responsibilities and will end getting tired and renouncing or getting fired.
    avs33fan wrote: »

They dont have to tell you anything. What they do with this game and any other of their game is none of our business. Get over yourself and stop assuming your are entitled to things in the game. This is a business, and a business that you have no say in. They will do what they see is financially fit.

I think is very funny how you first say that the customers have no opinion and basically they can go to hell, and then you say is a bussines.

You clearly have no idea of the ''Corporate identity'' Concept (or you are just trolling).
    While is true they have no obligation of telling anything about the future of this game or any other, it is also true that ignoring their player base, many of whom are customers or potential customers it is a self-destructive measure.

If I have a bussines I want happy costumers.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No. He works from home as does everyone within the PWE universe now.

No one will be brought in. PWI is no longer their flagship game. Look at PWE social media accounts. Maybe 1-2% of what is posted is PWI related. No one in PWE can "open up" things. China makes all the decisions on what they want in their game. They can't pay the people they have no, you think they are going to bring in other people to do "everything"?

If sparkie was fired, quit or let go. It isnt our business. If he has been, best of luck to him.

reading your post just gave me cancer please actually do research before you spew lies and non-sensical information. Pwi is still their cashcow, and their most played game after netherwinter. Also if you've ever been on a chinese server you'd know that this is literally the premier game in china its like the american version of WoW to them its that big.

Also a staff turnover is our business that is something they are inclined to share and something that the coustomers of their game have a right to know about. Why should I play a game with no staff? Have you even looked at their social media pages? Your percents are far off probably something you picked out of your ***. Also their community managers do not work from home. If you've ever read an email from them which they send about once every 1-2 month it has a buisness location in redwood california. If you have anything more to say please may it be intelligent rather than flamebaiting.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • avs33fan
    edited March 2015
    Options
    eeepsilon wrote: »

I think is very funny how you first say that the customers have no opinion and basically they can go to hell, and then you say is a bussines.

You clearly have no idea of the ''Corporate identity'' Concept (or you are just trolling).
    While is true they have no obligation of telling anything about the future of this game or any other, it is also true that ignoring their player base, many of whom are customers or potential customers it is a self-destructive measure.

If I have a bussines I want happy costumers.

I never said the customers have no opinons. I said its a business and how they run it, it none of his business. Asking a question is one thing. Telling them what they should do is another.

reading your post just gave me cancer please actually do research before you spew lies and non-sensical information. Pwi is still their cashcow, and their most played game after netherwinter. Also if you've ever been on a chinese server you'd know that this is literally the premier game in china its like the american version of WoW to them its that big.

Also a staff turnover is our business that is something they are inclined to share and something that the coustomers of their game have a right to know about. Why should I play a game with no staff? Have you even looked at their social media pages? Your percents are far off probably something you picked out of your ***. Also their community managers do not work from home. If you've ever read an email from them which they send about once every 1-2 month it has a buisness location in redwood california. If you have anything more to say please may it be intelligent rather than flamebaiting.

I said PWI isnt their flagship game anymore, i didnt say it wasnt a cash cow. It is one of their longest running game, which means that people have more time invested into the game. More time for the most part equals more money. The players who have lots of money invested into this free game, only continue to play it because of the money invested into it.

The chinese version of this game is huge over there. I know that. But, it is also different from ours. They run it differently. Our version is made for quick profits. Their version was made for longevity.

Also I didnt say PWI social media, i said PWE social media. PWI is their least mentioned game in any of PWE socials media. Look at their instagram and facebook pages for this. I am fully aware where the company is located, and the thing i said about working from is was sarcasm. It was more of a jab at how they are never really around here. Both GMs and support staff.
    A staff turn over is NOT your business, that is the business of PWE. If you want it to be your business, get a job within the company.
    A customer only needs to know what the company wants them to know. Can they share it information? Yes, but only if they want to. Who was fired, hired or anything else along those lines are none of your business. If they want to tell you the direction the game is going, they can share it if they need to. Unless you are on the board of directors, they dont need to answer to you, or anyone else that plays this game, whether you spend real money to play it or not.

Next time try asking a question, instead of demanding information.

Also, good luck with your cancer, I wish you nothing but the best.
  • cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I never said the customers have no opinons. I said its a business and how they run it, it none of his business. Asking a question is one thing. Telling them what they should do is another.

If you go to Mcdonalds and see a long line up and there's only 1 cashier there, people will get frustrated and someone would prob say 'why don't you add/hire another cashier?" You're the guy who then goes and tells him "hey you don't get to tell them how to run their business". While technically correct, you just make yourself look like a jerk.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    With the sort of staff reduction layoffs that both the PWE & Cryptic branches just had, it may be a bit before one of their admins gets the chance to even look at your thread...

I mean even Cryptics branch with around a 14% employee layoff rate (that just happened to them aswell) got off lucky from what I've read about compared to the PWEs branch staff (I mean atleast Cryptics employees have "active project times & inactive times" that will dictate when they'll either be re-upped contract wise for projects or layed-off during lull times) but poor PWEs staff took a pretty bad blow this time (from what I've heard about it so far) and doesn't have even that sort of assuredness factor in their continued employment chances) so it may be awhile before the dust settles enough for them to be able to settle back-in enough, to get back fully into the swing of things and return back to answering everyone's threads with any form of normality (atleast for the time being) So you may wanna give them a little bit, so that they can get back into it... God only knows what Surtr is feeling like right now, having to try and take care of so many things now, after whats just happened with the loss of so many of their fellow employees & workmates (I can only hope that sparkies doing ok with all thats happened during this occurrence aswell)... b:surrender
  • avs33fan
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you go to Mcdonalds and see a long line up and there's only 1 cashier there, people will get frustrated and someone would prob say 'why don't you add/hire another cashier?" You're the guy who then goes and tells him "hey you don't get to tell them how to run their business". While technically correct, you just make yourself look like a jerk.

If there is a long line up, Id go down the street to the next place, problem solved. Anyone who sees a long line up, and then stand in said line, then complains about it, is the jerk. Also, they would be pretty stupid.

Think of it this way. McDs is PWI. The line is the problems and the next place is another game.

PWI players whine and complain and demand on a daily basis, yet they still continue to play. So, the attitude of PWI is, they will do what they want, when they want, because the money keeps rolling in without them doing anything. Why do anything if the same amount of money keeps coming in?
    PWE doesnt care that you have to wait. You are still in line waiting with a fist full of cash. With all the problems that the players see and encounter, they still play and they still pay. Your analogy was perfect. Thanks.
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Agree.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Were did you got this idea that Sparkie was fired?
    True he didnt post here on forum in a while but maybe he his in a vacation or something.
    You dont know if he was fired or not.
    I dont think its obvious he was fired but Im not saying he was not.
    So I demand you to prove he was fired before you say it is obvious.

By your logic that if he didnt post in a while on forum he quited we could say that the mods that were missing last month they have quit too. But they are still here.
    Maybe Sparkie will be back. No one knows what really going on.
    giphy.gif

• Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No one knows what really going on.

Business as usual with Perfect World Entertainment. Keep everyone in the dark and hope to god that no one notices or does anything.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

And the fact that it is a business is precisely my point.

Lets take this player's example:

now lets take your answer as a reaction to that:
    If there is a long line up, Id go down the street to the next place, problem solved. Anyone who sees a long line up, and then stand in said line, then complains about it, is the jerk. Also, they would be pretty stupid.

Think of it this way. McDs is PWI. The line is the problems and the next place is another game.

The big problem is that they should care about because that costumer that is going to another game is less $$$$ for them.
    PWI players whine and complain and demand on a daily basis, yet they still continue to play. So, the attitude of PWI is, they will do what they want, when they want, because the money keeps rolling in without them doing anything. Why do anything if the same amount of money keeps coming in?
    PWE doesnt care that you have to wait. You are still in line waiting with a fist full of cash. With all the problems that the players see and encounter, they still play and they still pay. Your analogy was perfect. Thanks.

This is true but think about this: This game eventually will die.
    A smart company would pay attention to the customers of one of their products, even if the product is old and does not have much life left, this with hope that said costumers migrate to one of their other products (games in this case)

Just as you said on a previous post much of the people who still play this game have put a lot of money on it and that makes them keep playing.

What I think is that PWE probably have 3 points of view about those costumers:

1) I don't give a damn about those guys, we have many more costumers on other games so they can go to hell.

2) They love us, we rock and our costumers are like the Apple costumers b:shutup so they will surely go play one of the other wonderful games of our company.

3) A mix of 1 and 2.

Whatever the case is, all those approaches are extremely stupid, it gives them a bad image to their costumers and even their investors.
  • norisman1
    norisman1 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello norisman1, Please note that, for a short period of time after account creation (3 days), posting new threads is disabled. You will still, however, be able to post replies on already-existing threads as you like. After this probationary period, you'll be able to create threads as normal. Also, please note that your account creation date is determined by the first time you log onto the forums with this account, not when you first create your account. Thank you! -The PWI Team

Ummm FYI I have been a paid account holder/owner with Cryptic since

#1 Cryptic's April 27, 2004 City of Heroes and City of Villains franchise day one until game/servers closedb:angry

#2 Cryptic's Champions Online; September 1, 2009 active account to present date.

#3 Cryptic's Star Trek Online; February 2, 2010 active life time subscription account to present date.

#4 Cryptic's Star Trek Online; June 20, 2013. active account to present date.

I am not sure about your account history records keeping department/staff competence, I suggest/recommend an employee/staff preformance re-evaluation and contemplate and consider layoffs and or terminations of employment due to incompetence.

IMHO form an 11+ year Cryptic games franchise Games Account (Paid/Paying Customer) average $25-$50 u.s.d. per monthly average at an estimated lifetime u.s.d. invested into Cryptic designed/developed mmorpg games franchise of between 2007/2015 84+ months (7 years) estimated to be between $2,100.00 to $4,2000 u.s.d.

So yea PWI/PWE; I think I can IMHO say yea I am a (Cryptic) Team Supporter.

Norisman1 aka in game @norisman

reply posted
    4/21/2015
  • Arrowwz - Sanctuary
    Arrowwz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    wish pwi was like the good old days when the game first game out. i think after r9 came into play my friends left and it was never the same lol, but great memories made for sure.

I_skateboard
  • joebaggadonuts
    joebaggadonuts Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I lol at all the conjecture and silliness. The parent company cares nothing for its PWI customers whatsoever. Never has, never will. This game will in all likelihood end the same way the Malaysian PW server did.

One day you will go to log in and there will be nothing. No warning, no notice just....NOTHING....
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    norisman1 wrote: »
    Hello norisman1, Please note that, for a short period of time after account creation (3 days), posting new threads is disabled. You will still, however, be able to post replies on already-existing threads as you like. After this probationary period, you'll be able to create threads as normal. Also, please note that your account creation date is determined by the first time you log onto the forums with this account, not when you first create your account. Thank you! -The PWI Team

Ummm FYI I have been a paid account holder/owner with Cryptic since

#1 Cryptic's April 27, 2004 City of Heroes and City of Villains franchise day one until game/servers closedb:angry

#2 Cryptic's Champions Online; September 1, 2009 active account to present date.

#3 Cryptic's Star Trek Online; February 2, 2010 active life time subscription account to present date.

#4 Cryptic's Star Trek Online; June 20, 2013. active account to present date.

I am not sure about your account history records keeping department/staff competence, I suggest/recommend an employee/staff preformance re-evaluation and contemplate and consider layoffs and or terminations of employment due to incompetence.

IMHO form an 11+ year Cryptic games franchise Games Account (Paid/Paying Customer) average $25-$50 u.s.d. per monthly average at an estimated lifetime u.s.d. invested into Cryptic designed/developed mmorpg games franchise of between 2007/2015 84+ months (7 years) estimated to be between $2,100.00 to $4,2000 u.s.d.

So yea PWI/PWE; I think I can IMHO say yea I am a (Cryptic) Team Supporter.

Norisman1 aka in game @norisman

reply posted
    4/21/2015

Forum join date isn't the same thing as in-game join date. Neither do join dates cross over across forums. This is an automatic process completed by the website and not something an individual employee does. It's a spam prevention method.

I lol at all the conjecture and silliness. The parent company cares nothing for its PWI customers whatsoever. Never has, never will. This game will in all likelihood end the same way the Malaysian PW server did.

One day you will go to log in and there will be nothing. No warning, no notice just....NOTHING....

Arc Games isn't the same people and that is not their management style. If history repeats itself first they'll stop bothering to provide us with any updates or maintain the servers, then we'll be given a few weeks to a couple months notice it's closing and a modest refund on recent zen purchases. Maybe they'll tease an "important announcement" on facebook (not even the forums) a full on week before the closure notice. Which is in some ways worse than not saying anything.....

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avs33fan
    edited April 2015
    Options

There are people here on forums who said they would seek legal action against PWI to get all their money back they spent on the game if the servers shut down. It's a good read if you want to laugh.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Were did you got this idea that Sparkie was fired?
    True he didnt post here on forum in a while but maybe he his in a vacation or something.
    You dont know if he was fired or not.
    I dont think its obvious he was fired but Im not saying he was not.
    So I demand you to prove he was fired before you say it is obvious.

By your logic that if he didnt post in a while on forum he quited we could say that the mods that were missing last month they have quit too. But they are still here.
    Maybe Sparkie will be back. No one knows what really going on.

There is nothing to say "Sparkie was layed off" but if you are holding your breath for an official announcement you'll be blue soon.

There is on the other hand a ton of media exposure around recent lay offs from PWE around several different games. Considering we are floating in a mist of no CMs I can imagine that whoever was occasionally checking in on us (Sparkie) would be cut as well. It's a safe assumption that Sparkie was caught up in those.

Feel free to google or read these:

http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/17/perfect-world-entertainment-hit-with-potentially-massive-layoffs/
    http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/17/cryptic-layoffs-alone-totaled-18-people/
    http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/31/perfect-world-suffers-more-layoffs-this-time-in-the-eu/
    http://gamepolitics.com/2015/03/18/report-layoffs-hit-perfect-world-entertainment
    http://www.develop-online.net/news/layoffs-hit-perfect-world-entertainment/0204580

• XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Might have something to do with

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3099996-perfect-world-buyout-offer-likely-to-be-raised

Interesting read about how its going through a management buy out to take it private. Not sure this is a good thing or a bad b:shocked