edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Giving us a code per week isnt that hard b:cry
Post edited by kikiwikilili on

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I remember a time when there were no codes for free things.
    A time when dreamchaser packs and War Avatar Cards didnt exist.
    I remember that people had to gather DQ items by killing mobs and turn them to DQ points to get 50 gold events. And they really had to work , doing all manually cause it was no Auto cultivation system.
    But now, people got so many codes that if goes a weak without a code for free things they start to ****ing panic.
    giphy.gif

• kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I remember that people had to gather DQ items by killing mobs and turn them to DQ points to get 50 gold events.

I want this option back.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I hate it when we don't get free stuff.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Ahmas - Archosaur
    Ahmas - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    wah wah wah cry cry cry. they havent had weekly codes in over a month dude, sparkie already posted that they quit the codes. and like blood said, we didnt used to get these packs for nice gear for lowbies and free charms and tele stones and no avi cards and no free event gold or nice flyers in the event boutique. so quit your crying and think about how lucky you are to get anything free from the game. they only coddle cs'ers, been that way for 6+ years
    Seekers = OP DD Clerics b:dirty

avi fail, lvl 101 char >.>
  • cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sparkie already posted that they quit the codes

Actually, sparkie said that they are working on a solution to code abuse and that once done, they will be distributing codes again :
    Codes have been getting abused. We have a solution, but aren't ready to finalize it yet. Once we do you'll hear from me, and you'll see codes distributed once again.

Since we got new codes last week, they may have finished with the solution already.
  • Gralkon - Archosaur
    Gralkon - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I want this option back.

If you do a little searching on the interwebs you will find that dq points still workb:shutup
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you do a little searching on the interwebs you will find that dq points still workb:shutup

You can log in the site and check how many DQ points you used to have, but you can no longer earn DQ points nor send items(?).
  • Gralkon - Archosaur
    Gralkon - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can log in the site and check how many DQ points you used to have, but you can no longer earn DQ points nor send items(?).

Sent myself a bunch of event gold in December from the site. The time that it says it is updated is still current. If you want to check out if you can still get dqp that would be cool.
  • Arukab - Raging Tide
    Arukab - Raging Tide Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sent myself a bunch of event gold in December from the site. The time that it says it is updated is still current. If you want to check out if you can still get dqp that would be cool.

Dragon Points Remaining: 557
    Last Updated: 03/21/2015 7:06:09

The updated time is still recent, but I have sold a LOT of DQ in my botting days, this number should be in the hundreds of thousands, not in just the hundreds. The update I believe is on the sites end but the server sends no information to the site anymore along with most of the function no longer being a thing.
    Avatar says I'm a 99 archer, but I'm actually a 102 sin...
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Weekly codes are so 2014.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Weekly codes are so 2014.

The quote I made earlier was written in 2015 and was his last comment on codes :
    Codes have been getting abused. We have a solution, but aren't ready to finalize it yet. Once we do you'll hear from me, and you'll see codes distributed once again.

As far as official comments are concerned, the codes are not going away. They suggest the opposite. All these claims that they said codes are ending or have ended are just forum rumors.

The only thing I can see that might throw a wrench in this is the recent PWE layoffs this week. If the layoffs took out sparkie, then that might affect things since I think the weekly codes was a sparkie thing. But he did say "we" in his comments, so there's a good chance the tradition will continue even if he left. (And no I'm not starting a rumor that sparkie is gone, I'm saying even IF sparkie is gone there's a good chance codes will continue.)
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I remember a time when there were no codes for free things.
    A time when dreamchaser packs and War Avatar Cards didnt exist.
    I remember that people had to gather DQ items by killing mobs and turn them to DQ points to get 50 gold events. And they really had to work , doing all manually cause it was no Auto cultivation system.
    But now, people got so many codes that if goes a weak without a code for free things they start to ****ing panic.

this died earlier than you think..
    most people who got their R9 with DQ botted it lel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • PatsyBanger - Archosaur
    PatsyBanger - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't think it was guarenteed that they give anything away. I think that it just got so often people got to expecting it