regarding beginning of giveaways

Options
shashahah
shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
sry to ask, but does "12PM" mean noon or midnight?
(english is not my first language and no matter whom i ask, some say its noon and the others say its midnight
so ye id like to have that clarified so i know when to log the toons i want the giveaways on)
Post edited by shashahah on

Comments

• Cemex - Dreamweaver
    Cemex - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    PM mean noon so, AM is for midnight
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    PM mean noon so, AM is for midnight

Does it really?

P.M. stands for post meridiem, meaning 'after noon'.

So if it is after noon, it cannot be noon.

Buuut - A.M stands for ante meridiem, meaning 'before being noon'

So if it is before noon, it cannont be noon, either!

And also following if noon is neither a.m. nor p.m than noon does not exist, and we will never have our events! b:chuckle

(Oddly enough my old dictionaries do not have meridiem defined, but they do say meridian which amongst other things, means noon.)

b:cry Why oh why can't PWE use a simple GMT clock with timezone conversions in their pages??? Or use military time, 0000 versus 1200??? These are such common examples in html-and webscripting tutorials. (well, maybe not the military time, but it's still simple. ::grumbles and wanders away::)
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    12 pm is middle of the day, when the sun is high. 12 am is middle of the night.
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    yeah its noon for sure
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    for those of you who are looking for details on the event...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9080133

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-

Simply log into the game between 3/11/2015 at 12:00 PM PST and 3/18/2015 at 10:00 AM PST in order to claim your free items send to you via in-game mail:

Profundity Scroll I Ticket x10
    War Avatar Chest: B x6
    War Avatar Pack S x1
    Demon/Sage Event Card Ticket x1

Carry on, brave warriors… Fight for glory and honor!

Please note:

Any account made prior, or during the period of the event will be eligible to receive the rewards bundle.
    The items will be sent to your mailbox.
    Limited 1 per account.
    It is important to remember to log into your account with the character you intend to claim the rewards with.
    All items are bound.
    You can not put any of the items in your stash.
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    huh... and here i was looking forward to getting the exact same mount and fashion ive gotten every year since ive been playing.

nice
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    agreed, it is confusing. those times should be given
    A) in 'miltary time' (or simply 'time' as the developed world calls it) b:chuckle
    B) not in pst, gmt, ist, or whatever but the specific SERVERTIME for each server.

the idea to give the reward atomatically is good, saves work for each side. but for the love of god, why not
    A) start directly after maint: which eliminates all the timezone confusion - or even better
    B) make all those things stashable: which elminates the waiting, hesitating, and whining because one got it on wrong toon anyways....

why pwi always chooses to make things so complicated and prone to errors...
    b:surrender
  • Sirkura - Raging Tide
    Sirkura - Raging Tide Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    WOOO another one of these.... think they will send a second code as well like with the illusion stone code? >.> <.< >.< (shot) srsly tho, didn't they learn their lesson last time? these log ins haven't ever worked on the first attempt.... why couldn't they just use a code >.< really
  • HeavenSpawn - Dreamweaver
    HeavenSpawn - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ok heres another puzzler. if you are logged in before noon does the toon currently logged in auto get it OR do we have to log out and back in to make sure we get it on the correct toon? b:surrender
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yah i remember last time they had to send it 2 times , 2nd time it worked but not for all.
    b:laugh I hope they do it again then- send and then make a code-b:chuckle

ok heres another puzzler. if you are logged in before noon does the toon currently logged in auto get it OR do we have to log out and back in to make sure we get it on the correct toon? b:surrender

I think u will get it even being online before 12pm (3pm East server time i think
    but if that doesnt work and u dont get mail after 10-15min i guess u can relog
    )
  • Sirkura - Raging Tide
    Sirkura - Raging Tide Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    WOOO another one of these.... think they will send a second code as well like with the illusion stone code? >.> <.< >.< (shot) srsly tho, didn't they learn their lesson last time? these log ins haven't ever worked on the first attempt.... why couldn't they just use a code >.< really

LMAO! called it.. here's the code... yrkF9cFI