S Chest Raffle Promo viable work-around for F2P?

dat1guyy
dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
I find it lame how Free-to-Play people cannot really participate in these promos. Every time these promotions do come around it clear states that each server will have 18 winners (15 random 3 top gold chargers). That is literally 18 S cards into every server, every time the promotion comes. I can spot a clear cashshopper from a non-cashshopper almost always by the amount of S cards they have.

However I was thinking it could be possible for Free-to-Play Players to participate as well. If you were to sell your in game coins for in real life money, and then use that same money (that you technically made off of the game) to charge back into PWI. You could technically enter in these free S card raffles.

The only issue is with security in selling in game currency for outside currency to a trustworthy and frequent cashshopper. This method could be very useful for F2P players since I know a lot of F2P people that have billions on coins by just farming and merching. It is most obvious to notice these people when PWI does Spend Promos for Dragon Orb Oceans up to 10 times per account.

These require you spend 75 gold in game for a bound Ocean. The Archosaur server literally had gold blow up from 2.5mil to 3.1 mil in a matter of 1-2 days (since 10-12* Orb were also on sale). Then of course, after the promotion period, gold drop back down to 2.5mil and is now heading towards 2.3mil since PWI is stacking pack sales for the last few weeks.

I understand PWI is in it for the money. I am fully aware of it, but if this work-around would to occur, technically it is not an abuse right? Since money is technically being still charged into the game?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    On some servers the same people win this promo every 2 weeks. This promo has been run somewhere around 12-15x, which means some people have been given 12-15 free S cards. Talk about pwi still giving away S cards...

How I'd love a free S card every 2 weeks, of course it's not actually free (you have to charge), but giving away a guaranteed item which is in all other manners luck based is game breaking.

These promos should be ended, stick with charge rewards redeemable for b-s packs and at least keep some integrity.
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am not sure whether in the past PWI has given so much free items to boost people who cashshop. I originally remember only have maybe 15% zen sales and charge promotions for all-class pets and random items but lately it seems more Oceans or S card based promotions which is huge compared to the past years.

I believe it mainly because of the Ocean and other code abuse that started up every server on this whole arms race. Given enough time, PWI might give enough S cards to get a free Neuma Portal Set which can really boost an end-game attack and defense power by 1.5x as much. We're talking about seekers with 60k+ base physical attack with the chance to deal 4x as much with GoF and Crit.

You can see how strong the the Portal Neuma Set can be on an end-game toon.

http://mypers.pw/1.4/#81702

Obviously, I made it rigged to have almost all the STR rolls as possible but it still shows off the power of the 100% bonus from the 6 S card set. b:shocked