Primal lysing

mistressmuerta
mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Mystic
I am almost finished farming all my bloods for my final primal skills and was wondering what does primal lysing actually do aside from make the skill instacast...The plants have always had a 10m radius for effects. So is it something new or it a a rip off like sage resrrect and moria ressurect - the aoe...If anyone has the skill please enlighten me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Instacast lysing is one of those quality of life updates that you wonder how you did without with so long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Instantcast lysing is amazing. Should get Swirling Mist first, Lysing second, Storm Dance third and Chiyu upgrade last.
  • koryn7
    koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Instantcast lysing is amazing. Should get Swirling Mist first, Lysing second, Storm Dance third and Chiyu upgrade last.

Agreed. Yes, the lysing is instant. This is awesome in that you debuff and sleep really, really fast. Not to mention is only has a 3 second CD, so you can lyse plants one right after the other. I don't know how I got along without it before, as Eoria said. It rocks! b:victory

AoE swirling mist is just pure awesome sauce and Storm Dance is my favorite skill now b:cute

The Chihyu upgrade isn't that impressive in terms of stat upgrades but it still helps. Also it's weird that some people who oneshot it before have to two shot it now. I don't quite get how that works, since the minor stat upgrades don't seem to account for that much of a change. Anyone have ideas on that?
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I love instant lysing as well, still have to lyse quick after summoning the plant though or people can still run out of range. I don't know about devil though..I usually leech it or use it with storm mistres to keep someone from using skills..I'm not really satisfied with the devil upgrade though..can't even ask pwi to make it be like the venos monkeyking or something since venopets and mystic summons are not meant to be similare but it's fun to imagine how it would be if mystics had Veno pet like summons.
    Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
    Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
    And a lot of alts...
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Lysing upgrade is good and worth getting, but devils upgrade..i use Storm Mistress for PvE but for PvP (NW) devil because i set to ''defend'' (meaning he won't run off to whoever i am attacking and go for the one attacking me) and set 1st skill to use as a stun,so very useful for example sin's that like to attack from stealth, but the sec they attack me they get instant stun from devil~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ... unless they open up with an AOE.

I went with getting Storm Dance first - never used Lysing much anyway as a mys. In PvE it's uses seem rather limited. But with the instant cast I suppose you could throw it as a combo. Summon debuff plant, immediately lyse... as a makeshift AOE. Reaction time of the spell is just too long. By the time the plant is done blowing up whatever it is supposed to hit has usually moved on.

Does primal lysing also eliminate the plant's blow-up animation and delay? IE "click and blow"?
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well yeah if they start with AoE or someone else AoE's before they attack then it is kind of a problem, but to be honest in all the NW's i did i gotta say 90% of a time (if not more) sin's don't start with AoE. And for lysing all i have to say for me it's quick enough and it is useful in PvP like for example fighting someone OP and or getting ganked then Lysed Listless put's people for a reasonable time to sleep. And mostly people don't bother to walk out of it. Then if there's someone really OP and many try to gank him/her then Befuddling Creeper debuffs helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And for lysing all i have to say for me it's quick enough and it is useful in PvP like for example fighting someone OP and or getting ganked then Lysed Listless put's people for a reasonable time to sleep. And mostly people don't bother to walk out of it.

This is true that the majority of people won't try to move, but in this case the old version is often good enough.
    But honestly, with the primal version, this is almost impossible to move away fast enough. According to me this only possible in two situations :
    1) The ennemy was already moving (but even in this situatio if you're fast enougg to press the button and don't have too much lag it should be OK)
    2) You got controlled first (stun/silence/sleep/whatever...) : but usually it will happen because you're "unlucky" and the guy(s) decided to control you before you started putting the plant.
    Once the plant is "cast" this is really almost impossible to react faster.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89