Churning Vortext not working properly

Options
demansfairy
demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Stormbringer
Ok, so I've had the feeling it's pull in range wasn't 12meters for a long time now do i did a little bit of testing. Target stood still the entire time, and had less SF that me, churning was level 10. I proceeded to use churning followed by lunar surge to knock them 9 meters away from the eye. No matter how many time i repeated this process they would NOT be reeled in if they stood still or moved away from the center. If they moved several meters closer they would then be reeled in, but moving back to the position they were at or further prevented them from being reeled in.

tldr; Either skill description is wrong or skill is broken, range is more like 8 meters at BEST instead of 12. Has anyone gotten this skill to work right or is it broken/misleading for everyone else?
full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
Post edited by demansfairy on

Comments

• Bromeas - Sanctuary
    Bromeas - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't know the exact wording of the skill at the moment, but I guess you confuse diameter with radius.

12 meter diameter means a range of 6 meters (radius) to each side of its center.

So if it is a 12 meter diameter (like the skill says I assume), it will reel everyone with a distance of 6 meters or less to the center in, what actually goes along with your testing.
    Just because I don't write on forums too often, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.
  • pruttkudde
    pruttkudde Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't know the exact wording of the skill at the moment, but I guess you confuse diameter with radius.

12 meter diameter means a range of 6 meters (radius) to each side of its center.

So if it is a 12 meter diameter (like the skill says I assume), it will reel everyone with a distance of 6 meters or less to the center in, what actually goes along with your testing.

It says within 12 meters.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Problem with that is EVERY skill's AoE in this game is in terms of radius, not diameter. If your theory was right that would make this skill the first and only skill in game with it's range in terms of diameter, even it's counterpart skill, avatar of the storm, has a range of 12 meters in the skill description and is without a doubt 12 meter radius, 24 meter diameter. I'm honestly hoping that this skill is just coded wrong opposed to wrong skill description, 12 meters is already terrible when any class can walk 15 meters from the center in the time between pulls, less than that and this skill is completely worthless.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Another possibility is they have it coded to where it only affects someone once, which would make it an utter junk skill. They would need to recode it so it affects multiple times, for it to have a benefit beyond a one time spike hit.

But judging from the sage boost it gets, it should hit multiple times. I've just never seen it done in the times I tried on mobs testing it in week 1. So I stopped, figuring it might need the celestial upgrades to truly check, since most mobs have 6 m/s speed.

Also if it spawns like Avatar of Storm, it has a collision that likely eats up some of that 12 m range. Because it will likely go from the center, but no one can be pulled to the center, since the storm itself takes up however much room.

I remember I tried doing it, but not sure how the test turned out. I used The purple cyclone and immediately hit the frozen thingy to stun or slow the mobs. Pretty sure it didn't work, but it's been a few months since then. That was one of the reason I liked the 70% guaranteed slow of sage, since it would combo perfectly with that spell and possible Tangled Mire tacked on.

So give that a shot and see if anything gets hit again. Need some decent -chan gear, or at least make sure to downburst first. Truthfully have a bunch of ideas I was planning to revisit once I hit R9rr with some decent cards, just didn't see a reason to use them and tip people off before it can matter.