Mystic vs stormbringer/duskblade

Options
Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Mystic
I came back to pwi a while after the expansion and saw these new classes..I have tried to watch them because I wonder how mystics will do against those two. I have not seen many dusks yet but I have run instances with storms a bit and I have a feeling that stormbringers will be a very annoying class for mystics to deal with in pk...and dusks..I don't know much about them either but to me they look like sins without stealth and bp but with as annoying stuns...I would like to hear about other mystics experiences with those classes both in pk and pve ...do you think they somehow ruin the balance or do you think things are fine? Does anyone got strategies how to deal with these classes already? Spill the beans here. b:cute
Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
And a lot of alts...
Post edited by Aziza_Atori - Archosaur on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A combo with Absorb Sould would be pretty deadly to a Stormbringer, no ?
    And regarding duskblade, I haven't really tried the class yet, but I don't see how they could be more annoying than sins so far.

But well... I will need to wait for some time before being able to give a real feedback, because of their lack of gears/skills/passives for the moment.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Stormbringers just scream "I'm dead annoying in pk" in my mind..tried to make an alt to see the walking casting for myself ..ugh..I guess it's about to get them imobilized quickly or put on petals and antistun and run for it..as dusks..well I don't know if it's an aps class or more about channel like a seeker..I dont know how it is on other servers but on mine it starts to get really annoying with especially stormbringers being busy to asure other caster classes about how bad they get to beat us once sage/demon and rrr9 come out....btw you mentioned absorb soul..I did quick maze 1st time yesterday and I noticed some elemental imune mobs spawned from last boss being immune to absorb..what is that suposed to mean..good I had my devil summon..
    And a lot of alts...
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Granted it's very early still so hard to do a real analysis, but...

I don't think Stormbringers will be a problem for mystics. Half their damage is water, so will barely affect mystic. Same as psys who have a lot of trouble with us. They also can't heal - or I think they only have one long cooldown self-heal - so won't be tanking us well.

I've been playing Duskblade a lot. My initial thoughts were "this class is really well-balanced" and as I play it more my thoughts are changing to "this class is broken as heck". They're really similar to mystics in that they have a little bit of everything from the melee classes - another jack-of-all-trades class. Their skills hit very hard, have almost no channel/cast time. They have a lot of skills that paralyze for a short duration. They don't really have a range game, but with multiple (reusable) teleports, they're hard to kite.

I'm predicting that Duskblade will end up like Mystic - very few people will play them, but those that do will dominate the other classes.
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Granted it's very early still so hard to do a real analysis, but...

I don't think Stormbringers will be a problem for mystics. Half their damage is water, so will barely affect mystic. Same as psys who have a lot of trouble with us. They also can't heal - or I think they only have one long cooldown self-heal - so won't be tanking us well.

I've been playing Duskblade a lot. My initial thoughts were "this class is really well-balanced" and as I play it more my thoughts are changing to "this class is broken as heck". They're really similar to mystics in that they have a little bit of everything from the melee classes - another jack-of-all-trades class. Their skills hit very hard, have almost no channel/cast time. They have a lot of skills that paralyze for a short duration. They don't really have a range game, but with multiple (reusable) teleports, they're hard to kite.

I'm predicting that Duskblade will end up like Mystic - very few people will play them, but those that do will dominate the other classes.

Thank you for your comments. I feel a bit better now...I hear that demon storms will have a kind of bp on one of their skills but I guess sublime can weaken that..also good point about the water hit..can always hope the storm attacking is a pillbaby who doesn't know mystics got water def :P as for dusks...it's sounds really fun with a melee counterpart to mystics..I like dusks for their kind of invigorate..means 20% dmg added to my 20% ...but about storms and their dmg reduce..won't that be a problem?
    And a lot of alts...
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Is true that SB have half of skills that deal water dmg but SB also have skills that deal Metal DMG.
    And what about skills like:
    Cloudburst that reduce magic defence by 30-40% for 10 seconds depending on how many light balls you have
    What about thunder strike that For 15 seconds, it will apply a debuff that will trigger when the health of those affected drops below 25%, dealing an additional 25% magic damage and 7190 metal damage to them.Sage: Damage dealt when debuff is triggered is increased by an additional 3200 points.
    What about Lunar surge Deals base magic attack, 170% weapon damage and 4860 water damage to all enemies in 12 meters.
    It will knock enemies (including players) away for 9 meters. If you have at least 2 ice charges, the knockback range is increased by 2 meters. I( deadly in combination with ESD)
    And not to mention that SB also got mix damage skills that deal water and metal damage in same time.
    What about this skills:
    Electrostatic Discharge
    Deals 20% base magic attack and 624 metal damage for each meter the debuffed target moves, lasting 12 seconds. Being further away from the caster increases the damage, but it will only affect someone who is moving.
    And moving stand for everything: jumping, teleporting , being knock back...
    Devouring Darkness
    For 9 seconds, the debuffed target will be knocked down/paralyzed for 1 second every 3 seconds.
    Lunar Shadow

Summons an identical version of yourself as a pet for 20 seconds.

Dont underestimate the SB. You may regret it.
    giphy.gif

edited February 2015
    Options
    That's exactly what I got so tirred of on my server...storms who are like..we are immortals and will beat any other casters...storms have weaknesses like any others..it's just about finding out how to strike them.
    And a lot of alts...
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Having spent minimal time playing a mystic but a lot of time on my stormbringer recently, you may take this with a grain of salt.

The stormbringer has several mechanics that make it pretty OP.

Movement while casting

Stun capacity: Their stun works for up to 5 seconds, with a cooldown of 12 seconds. That's huge, especially if you pair it with the summon's 3 second stun (which again has a 12 second cooldown) and Devouring Darkness (1 second paralyze every 3 seconds for 9 seconds). This is unambiguously a lot of single target control, though, on the bright side for opponents, the summon's cooldown is 2 minutes and devouring darkness' is 30.

Reaper form: Gives you a ton more pdef. (400%) ~30 seconds, makes many skills hit harder, unpurgable, 90 second cooldown

Electrostatic discharge: applies damage when you move, it is significant if you're transpositioned/reeled in/teleport/are dumb enough to holy path with it on

Avatar of the Storm: basically the opposite of electrostatic discharge, if its summoned on you and you dont move, you may take a lot of damage since it applies significant damage to everyone near it every second

Strong level 100 skills: Shroud gives a huge range for a few seconds and (what we suspect is) the celestial skill will reduce resistance to water and metal by a lot (but costs a lot of chi and has a big cooldown)

These skills add up to something that will be difficult for all classes to deal with, but honestly I think mystics are one of the best equipped.

A fast heal means you can probably get a heal off between being stunned, even if they're timing it well. Your water resistance is high, forcing us to stick largely to metal skills. While thats nice for cloudburst and reducing your magical resistance, the stun time will get dropped and we'll lose that nice channeling buff unless we use downburst, which again will not hit you for very much.

You don't need to chase after us to hit us with things, since except when we're in that brief window of increased range, we'll have smaller range than you. That makes electrostatic discharge worthless unless we also use avatar of the storm to force you to run, which comes to a total of 1.3 sparks.

The celestial skill may cause a problem but if you have cleric buffs and primals maxed, you still should have a decent amount of resistance, even to metal (it will be less effective than the wizard's nerfed genie spark/undine combo)

Stormbringers, on the other hand, have very few methods of self preservation once we get into a bind. Lunar Blessing is OP but with a 5 minute cooldown, isnt effective for drawn out combat. Reaper form will help to tank physical damage but that's about it.

Are Stormbringers going to force a lot of people to adjust? Yes. But I think mystics are probably going to be one of the classes that are the least affected by them.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The troll stuns and un-purifiable movement **** stuff, are the only things that have alerted my nip senses when i'm being swarmed. Gotta wait till they're endgame before assessing how they do solo, but def have some teamwork potential now.
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There must be a way to get around that moving dmg skill..I imagine using falling petal to keep hp up and leech+ nature's barrier or a summon sacrifice. I find it unfair that you can't purify the skill off though. I wonder how well an absorb soul combo does against a storm. I might work on a storm to learn what their weakness...
    And a lot of alts...
  • xoinix
    xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There must be a way to get around that moving dmg skill..I imagine using falling petal to keep hp up and leech+ nature's barrier or a summon sacrifice. I find it unfair that you can't purify the skill off though. I wonder how well an absorb soul combo does against a storm. I might work on a storm to learn what their weakness...

Actually I'd imagine it would work as well as it does against a psy or a veno outside of fox form or a wiz not in stone shield. On an equal gear playing field(where both are equally skillful) I see the mystic taking it a good 9/10 times. Mystic has the clear advantage here. If said mystic can tank their reaper form and or force them to use their heal then they should have no issue bringing the SB down.

The thing about the SB is that their built in passive and buff only protects them from direct physical damage. As we all know absorb soul isn't "direct" so none of their protections will work. The SB will get hit has hard as any other arcane class w/o a physical defense buff. As I said previously if you force them to use their heal or reaper form you've already won since reaper form has a decent CD and the heal is well an eternity long.

We on the other hand have our own p.def buff, insta heals, powerful preheal, and our shell which pretty much negates their water atks, a pet that once is eaten boost our mag atk and mag def to the ridiculous level, and ofc "our annoying plants".

Throw down creeper keep their chan~pdef in the crapper and once u force them to go reaper AND heal.. go in for the kill by leeching mistress, blowing up creeper, and rapid. If you're lucky rapid may even proc. While @ end game channel isn't really an issue I say use rapid just b/c well.. why not b:thanks

TL:DR
    Absorb soul should cut through the SB as easy as it does psy.. even easier since we don't have to worry about getting sealed every other hit.

**Side note.. the only thing I'd worry about is their two skills that can deal physical damage.. we don't know exactly how hard it can hit but I'd wager for 2 sparks it's high..esp since it can crit. As for the other one we'll have to wait and see.b:laugh
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I made a storm and seen with a mystics point of view it's a weakness that their heal has so long a CD..if you are right about absorb It encourage me that I have a chance against them. Storm seem fun to play though..I just hate the lack of healing..and it took hours to make a dollface for my storm..she won't replace my mystic though..she can't heal others or res or use summons more than 15-30 sec max. On my mystic I don't have to care if there is a cleric..on my storm it's cleric(mystic) or crabs..b:surrender
    And a lot of alts...
  • xoinix
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I made a storm and seen with a mystics point of view it's a weakness that their heal has so long a CD..if you are right about absorb It encourage me that I have a chance against them. Storm seem fun to play though..I just hate the lack of healing..and it took hours to make a dollface for my storm..she won't replace my mystic though..she can't heal others or res or use summons more than 15-30 sec max. On my mystic I don't have to care if there is a cleric..on my storm it's cleric(mystic) or crabs..b:surrender

Unless pwi has completely changed the machanics of absorb soul then I believe I should be right. But its easy enough to test :)

And yea you're right about the cleric, mysic, or crab thing.. bye bye soloing stuff in low lvl gear b:cry
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You may be good at mystic but I see that you underestimate SB too much.
    Its true SB has weakness like all other classes but you underestimate them alot.

Who cares if SB can heal others or not?
    SB jobs is to DD. SB is the best DD from all the all casters atm.
    giphy.gif

• xoinix
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You may be good at mystic but I see that you underestimate SB too much.
    Its true SB has weakness like all other classes but you underestimate them alot.

Who cares if SB can heal others or not?
    SB jobs is to DD. SB is the best DD from all the all casters atm.

Oh I full agree SBs are the best arcane DD out of every caster currently in game. But being the best DD doesn't mean all that much in PK.

And if I am underestimating the SB it's only b/c I'm taking what I know about that skills and putting them to what I know about mystic skills. I'll break this down.

Wiz vs mystic- What protects wiz the most is their stone barrier. Hands down. And the fact that they can drop a blade tempest and destroy a mystic. On the other hand the mystic has ways of nerfing wiz p.def and their chan. Which means unless the mystic is a complete noob who CSed their way to end game they should take a good majority of the fights -note not ALL but most.

Cleric vs mystic- Long long LOOONG fight. Toss up here for sure. Cleric has the best self buffs in game and metal mage is scary as hell.

Veno vs mystic- Can go either way really. Depends on who gets lucky first.

Mystic vs Mystic-......just no. Tab to something else. b:bye

Psychic vs mystic - Can be really long or really short depending on both players skills. However the clear advantage is in the mystic's favor for many reasons. Psy may get lucky with a high end crit from their celestial skill via stunlock/charm bypass... at least that's how I've seen them kill mystics before.

Mystic vs SB- Ok what are the ACTUAL threats to the mystic?
    -their movement debuff? We dont move we're ranged. They try to get close to knock us back we can knock them back first. They try to use their reel-in mkay.. pop falling petals and stand there like the tank we are.
    -Their magic def debuff.. well our own self buff nerfs their water dmg and leeching stormy pretty mcuh negates that debuff and at the same time boosting ur own dmg.
    -Slowed channel...Again they'd have to get close first and umm rapid anyone?
    -Clone...ab soul.
    -Their 2spark "metal" blade tempest. Easy to see coming since they have to stack 3 metal balls. and the 30sec proc is half the dmg so tank the first one and ur fine.

This class was made to kill LA/HA. Its like the wizards of 2015 in a sense. Can they kill AA classes yes no doubt about it. But can they do it to the only other caster class that was pretty much built to kill casters as a side hobby? Again I'm not seeing it happen all that often.

Could I be biased..probably. But like I said earlier. I'm just looking at their skills and comparing them to mystics.

And for anyone who's made is this far -grats- I'm not knocking them in the slightest I am FULLY aware that once they get their endgame skills/armor they will be a force to reckon with the likes I dont think any of us has seen before. But at the end of the day.. taking what I see their skills are..and what I know SOME mystics are capable of.. I see mystics taking the majority.

Paid for by the national opinion fund.b:chuckle
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Options
    xoinix wrote: »
    -their movement debuff? We dont move we're ranged. They try to get close to knock us back we can knock them back first. They try to use their reel-in mkay.. pop falling petals and stand there like the tank we are.
    -Their magic def debuff.. well our own self buff nerfs their water dmg and leeching stormy pretty mcuh negates that debuff and at the same time boosting ur own dmg.
    -Clone...ab soul.
    -Their 2spark "metal" blade tempest. Easy to see coming since they have to stack 3 metal balls. and the 30sec proc is half the dmg so tank the first one and ur fine.

Pretty much this.

At endgame, AA vs AA is not supposed to be fast usually regardless of the class. Now SB don't have purge and will have some trouble to deal enough damage to kill a mystic considering the survivability of mystics. And mystics could face the same problem because they don't really have huge nuke skills. But... Absorb Soul will probably destroy a lot of SB.

This doesn't mean mystics are better than SB overall because I think SB will be very annoying for a lot of classes. But when talking about Mystics versus Stormbringers then I think the matchup will be in favor of the mystics.

We'll see in some months.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Myst vs SB:

Storm strength: Mobility and ranged damage (elemental), some close range damage prevention
    Storm weakness: CC resistance, low ranged physical resistance, low HP.

Mystic strength: Regenerative, healing redirection, ranged wood and physical damage, has pet and plants as secondary damage dealers
    Mystic weakness: Slow, CC resistance, low to moderate physical resistance, low HP

Mystic vs Storm would be in favor of the Mystic: Simply keep yourself healed while spamming NV, Stormdance and Absorb (Stormdance chance on resetting Absorb CD could mean gameover for a Stormbringer). Use your Devil pet with stun to periodically pin the Storm. If Stormy starts with the healing ability, transfusion. If Stormy closes with Mystic to get the damage reduction at close range, use Lidless Blossom to create an exclusion zone.
    Main problem for a Myst would be to kill the Storm before it kites out of range. I very much doubt a Storm could seriously harm a Myst at equal gear. It'd be a standoff most of the time. But in a one on one slugout where both have to stay within range of eachother, Myst would win.

Clerics, Archers and Mystics are probably the best toons to deal with Stormdancers. BMs and Barbs being the worst.

Myst vs Duskblade:
    Dusk strength: Extreme mobility, strong CC, high phys dmg due to being a dex class (crits a lot)
    Dusk weakness: Moderate resistances, nonregenerative, moderate health

Mystic strength: Regenerative, healing redirection, ranged wood and physical damage, has pet and plants as secondary damage dealers
    Mystic weakness: Slow, CC resistance, low to moderate physical resistance, low HP

This fight would be over fast, and it'd be a tossup who wins I think. If the myst is prepared with summon, petals and perhaps even a Lidless Blossom out, then the Dusk would end up CCd long enough for the Myst to tear it a new one with all the wood based damage. HOWEVER, if the Dusk can get the drop on a Myst and use their movement skills to close and initiate a CC heavy combo, the myst could be in serious trouble and be dead before it can react.

Either way, spike phys damage with low survivability against an arcane class is a fast fight. The myst can't escape from the dusk, nor can the dusk reliably retreat from the engagement. Once these 2 are fighting, they're committed.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    -their movement debuff? We dont move we're ranged. They try to get close to knock us back we can knock them back first. (A SB can get neat just to force the mystic to use Tornado. Mystic would have to be ready to avoid Surge in the next 12s.) They try to use their reel-in mkay.. pop falling petals and stand there like the tank we are. (Standing there healing will give SB time to counter-attack. Not wise.)
    -Their magic def debuff.. well our own self buff nerfs their water dmg and leeching stormy pretty mcuh negates that debuff and at the same time boosting ur own dmg. (Against a mystic it's certain the debuff will be constant as it's a spamable skill. As Mystic's water defense is very good, a SB will mostly use metal skills, which will debuff your defense even more due to thunder charges. )

-Clone...ab soul. Have you fought a clone? A r9 friend of mine didn't 1-shot my clone when I was lv80 and not reawakened. He needed 3-4 hits. I need to test that again.
    -Their 2spark "metal" blade tempest. Easy to see coming since they have to stack 3 metal balls. and the 30sec proc is half the dmg so tank the first one and ur fine. As SB will mostly be using metal skills due to mystic's water defense, this becomes less predictable causing the mystic to expect it at any time. It's stressful to be ready at all times.

This class was made to kill LA/HA. (No.) Its like the wizards of 2015 in a sense. (Also no.) Can they kill AA classes yes no doubt about it. But can they do it to the only other caster class that was pretty much built to kill casters as a side hobby? (Venos can kill AA with much more ease.) Again I'm not seeing it happen all that often.

Could I be biased..probably. It's too early to come to conclusions yet.) But like I said earlier. I'm just looking at their skills and comparing them to mystics. (Don't compare to sage/demon mystic skills though.)

And for anyone who's made is this far -grats- I'm not knocking them in the slightest I am FULLY aware that once they get their endgame skills/armor they will be a force to reckon with the likes I dont think any of us has seen before. (Agreed. The mystery about endgame gear keeps the danger in the air.) But at the end of the day.. taking what I see their skills are..and what I know SOME mystics are capable of.. I see mystics taking the majority. Again, too soon to tell. You won't win if you just tank. And that ending mystic combo is very easy to predict. Easy enough for a SB to interrupt or avoid.

Paid for by the national opinion fund.b:chuckle
    Mystic vs Storm would be in favor of the Mystic: Simply keep yourself healed while spamming NV, Stormdance and Absorb (Stormdance chance on resetting Absorb CD could mean gameover for a Stormbringer). Use your Devil pet with stun to periodically pin the Storm. (Dead Devil/Mistress when summoned as usual. Would have to lock SB first to summon. If Stormy starts with the healing ability, transfusion. (Storm will heal anyway si this is irrelevant.) If Stormy closes with Mystic to get the damage reduction at close range, use Lidless Blossom to create an exclusion zone. Why bother? Magic damage vs Arcane Armor here. Storm would need to be very scared of mystic's damage to "get close to get reduced damage".
    Main problem for a Myst would be to kill the Storm before it kites out of range. I very much doubt a Storm could seriously harm a Myst at equal gear. It'd be a standoff most of the time. But in a one on one slugout where both have to stay within range of eachother, Myst would win.

Clerics, Archers and Mystics are probably the best toons to deal with Stormdancers. BMs and Barbs being the worst. Archers?

Stormbringers are already very annoying if not dealt with fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Mystics have bigger balls.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Mystics have bigger balls.

Stormbringers have THREE balls. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Venos can kill AA with more ease.

Could you explain why ? Because of the purge or because of the 0 phy def thing ?
    Lucky veno can be very deadly, but AS is more reliable.

And I didn't get why transfusion would be irrelevant if the SB starts healing himself. I pretty much use transfusion more often on clerics/mystics (compared to the other classes) because they can heal themselves a lot.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

b:cryb:cryb:cry You reminded me of the last Friday's NW...

Stormbringer had used their clone and I got confused. I one shotted the clone with ancestral rage instead of it's owner and went like "b:angry now I need to chase this SB down forever."
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • caius775
    caius775 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I mained mystic for awhile, now im trying out Sb. i'll keep it short. Sb is hyper lethal.... Mystic is hyper lethal but a infinite nightmare. Depends on the player. Sb can end that nightmare with ease their kill speed is insane. Mystic if played smart can end Sb if you know how they function. Only thing is mystic a bit more predictable. Sb has a large bag of tricks and combo tactics all able to cause serious damage its like rock paper scissors. Sometimes a good prediction against a sb can end them other times you make the wrong call and find yourself back in the nearest city. Then Electro...... not many outs to be hit with that standing still isnt good enough for a class that also has knockback. IG and wait for the debuff to were off i guess or tank it. But a End game sb from what im hearing with g15 able to easily smack r999 user for 7k with electro per tick sooooo yeeeaaahh...
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There is a way to tell the clone from the owner..the clone doesn't have buffs even if the owner does so unless the owner is unbuffed you can tell which the clone is.
    And a lot of alts...
  • xoinix
    edited February 2015
    Options

(A SB can get neat just to force the mystic to use Tornado. Mystic would have to be ready to avoid Surge in the next 12s.)

While that's true they would again be putting themselves in a corner with Gale Force and our many plants. And besides at the end of the day when have you ever know a caster vs caster fight to end up face to face? Not to mention their channel debuff isn't as powerful as ours.

Standing there healing will give SB time to counter-attack. Not wise.

I'm not saying stand their for the entire battle spamming our heal. I'm simply saying its a option hell u can cast gaia's blessing and let that heal you while you're hitting back.

Against a mystic it's certain the debuff will be constant as it's a spamable skill. As Mystic's water defense is very good, a SB will mostly use metal skills, which will debuff your defense even more due to thunder charges.

Again true, however if the mystic is -for some reason- under extreme stress from the fight a single genie skill would allow them breathing room. Not to mention that people have been fighting variations of "metal mages" for a while now. So its pretty common that most people would have the anti metal dmg skill on their genie.

Have you fought a clone? A r9 friend of mine didn't 1-shot my clone when I was lv80 and not reawakened. He needed 3-4 hits. I need to test that again.

Umm please do. B/c if your r9 friend cannot 1 shot ur clone @ lvl 80 the devs in china has just pissed off every single veno that's playing.

As SB will mostly be using metal skills due to mystic's water defense, this becomes less predictable causing the mystic to expect it at any time. It's stressful to be ready at all times.

If you're a half decent mystic you know that above any other class you have to multi task as a mystic. If you cannot juggle several things @ once you're denying yourself the true potential of your mystic. I've played cleric and veno, said to be two of the most multitasking classes in game and still have had not to give as much attention to either as I do the mystic....ironically I hear a seeker is the same way.. maybe its an EarthGuard thing b:chuckle

(Venos can kill AA with much more ease.)

Erm are you counting the Arcane Antinomy skill? The one that takes a spark and has a 2 min cooldown to absorb soul wich costs no chi and has a 2 second cooldown? Not to mention that veno has to get lucky with either the 40/50(if sage) and hope to pan gu its a crit OR the 0%/180%(which all versions cost chi) proc to get them the kill they need. While a mystic just press a skill that gives them chi and another skill that hits just as hard as Arcane.? How is depending on that much luck "ease"?

Not saying that its impossible for veno's to own arcane classes. But to say its as easy for them to do it as a mystic just isn't right.

It's too early to come to conclusions yet.
    Agreed

Don't compare to sage/demon mystic skills though.
    I've played both classes. Originally I was demon then I rolled sage as I like being more support. So I'm taking my own experiences from playing both sides and putting them against whats on paper for the SB skills in a 1v1 hypothetical fight.

(Agreed. The mystery about endgame gear keeps the danger in the air
    I know I can't wait b:victoryb:victory

Again, too soon to tell. You won't win if you just tank. And that ending mystic combo is very easy to predict. Easy enough for a SB to interrupt or avoid.

True.. but again the exact same thing can be said for the SB. Spam metals skills=their version of blade tempest is abt to be used so take heed. On the other hand thanks to the devs in china giving us Storm Dance absoul can be shot out that much faster.

1st two are opinion so no point in going over it..
  • xoinix
    edited February 2015
    Options
    And I didn't get why transfusion would be irrelevant if the SB starts healing himself. I pretty much use transfusion more often on clerics/mystics (compared to the other classes) because they can heal themselves a lot.

It's been tested and sublime doesn't absorb the healing effect. But personally I think that is MORE than fair considering the CD of their skill

@caius775
    But a End game sb from what im hearing with g15 able to easily smack r999 user for 7k with electro per tick sooooo yeeeaaahh...

Well what were the conditions. Discharge seems to be a cousin of magical shackle which means its dmg can be boosted by debuffs and mag atk increase aka 1,2,or 3sparking. Also it deals metal dmg so I dont think it would hit that hard on = gear arcane players unless their mag def were debuffed to the crapper.b:chuckle
  • caius775
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Before i go into that Discharge ignores def levels and unaffected by atk levels. Part of the reason its deadly is because of spirit boosts its damage by quite a lot. So its pretty much like this, 20% mag atk + spirit vs targets metal resistance. Doesnt seem like much but when you have a sb like me running around with 19k-24k mag atk then triples sparks and use discharge.... if the target is moving it wont survive for long r999 included. It goes on the list as one of the most deadly skills on pw.

1v1 situations i even use it to one shot people discharge + knockback then say b:bye all it requires is end game mag atk which we have yet to reach since r999 isnt out yet and spirit more the better.
  • xoinix
    edited February 2015
    Options
    caius775 wrote: »
    Before i go into that Discharge ignores def levels and unaffected by atk levels. Part of the reason its deadly is because of spirit boosts its damage by quite a lot. So its pretty much like this, 20% mag atk + spirit vs targets metal resistance. Doesnt seem like much but when you have a sb like me running around with 19k-24k mag atk then triples sparks and use discharge.... if the target is moving it wont survive for long r999 included. It goes on the list as one of the most deadly skills on pw.

1v1 situations i even use it to one shot people discharge + knockback then say b:bye all it requires is end game mag atk which we have yet to reach since r999 isnt out yet and spirit more the better.

So basically its related to absorb soul @ lvl 10. But you're forgetting this entire situation is with = geared players so the spirit "addon" wont be that much of a factor and staying on topic of this thread I'm only concerned with mystics. And personally if a mystic is stupid enough to run with discharge on then they deserve to die. At equal gear a single knockback from the SB (if they happen to even get that close) will not 1shot the mystic. It's just not happening unless the previous atk from the SB happen to break every single piece of gear they have on.

But lets say that the SB puts on discharge on the mystic and knocks them back....ok gz. Again we are a ranged class -and personally I am very patient- So even if they use their range skill and holy path out of my range. Pop gaia's blessing/falling petals and tank w/e they were planning on going for. After 8 seconds they will be forced back into my range.

If it isn't obvious by now my personal pk playstyle is to tank~nuke.b:surrender
    And as I've said earlier I'm only taking my pk experiences as a mystic and putting them into a situation with a SB and judging who may win based off the skill's I've read for the SB.
  • caius775
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So basically its related to absorb soul @ lvl 10. But you're forgetting this entire situation is with = geared players so the spirit "addon" wont be that much of a factor and staying on topic of this thread I'm only concerned with mystics. And personally if a mystic is stupid enough to run with discharge on then they deserve to die. At equal gear a single knockback from the SB (if they happen to even get that close) will not 1shot the mystic. It's just not happening unless the previous atk from the SB happen to break every single piece of gear they have on.

But lets say that the SB puts on discharge on the mystic and knocks them back....ok gz. Again we are a ranged class -and personally I am very patient- So even if they use their range skill and holy path out of my range. Pop gaia's blessing/falling petals and tank w/e they were planning on going for. After 8 seconds they will be forced back into my range.

If it isn't obvious by now my personal pk playstyle is to tank~nuke.b:surrender
    And as I've said earlier I'm only taking my pk experiences as a mystic and putting them into a situation with a SB and judging who may win based off the skill's I've read for the SB.

You greatly underestimate this skill lol, and note SB vs any AA class they fight as close as possible, although it doesnt say it but passive reduces all magic and physical skill damage by 30% within 5 meters of attacker along with the anti aps and 20% physical skill reduction. So discharge and knockback maybe throw a churning in there for yoyo effect its so effective and common( or at least it should be common ) who wouldnt use it? As I said it hasnt been out for long so new classes are under geared under leveled. Yet dishcharge already hitting r999 users for deadly amount of damage more than 6k a tick.

A Mystic should always spam their knockback against this class so their damage isnt nerfed and do not set them self up from hits by discharge although thats not the only thing you have to worry about... im talking from experience because i ghost'd peeps on my sb with this tactic. When i play my mystic I want storms no where near me. I am speaking on terms of g16 and below. When r999 comes out well see, but I already have a clear prediction.
  • xoinix
    edited February 2015
    Options
    caius775 wrote: »
    You greatly underestimate this skill lol, and note SB vs any AA class they fight as close as possible, although it doesnt say it but passive reduces all magic and physical skill damage by 30% within 5 meters of attacker along with the anti aps and 20% physical skill reduction. So discharge and knockback maybe throw a churning in there for yoyo effect its so effective and common( or at least it should be common ) who wouldnt use it? As I said it hasnt been out for long so new classes are under geared under leveled. Yet dishcharge already hitting r999 users for deadly amount of damage more than 6k a tick.

A Mystic should always spam their knockback against this class so their damage isnt nerfed and do not set them self up from hits by discharge although thats not the only thing you have to worry about... im talking from experience because i ghost'd peeps on my sb with this tactic. When i play my mystic I want storms no where near me. I am speaking on terms of g16 and below. When r999 comes out well see, but I already have a clear prediction.

I know that has to be one of the coolest things about this class. A pema unpuragable 30% "invoke" at close range! I can't wait until they release the SB endgame gear already b:cry

Well like I said before my playstyle is to tank~nuke. You may have a different one. There is no 100% correct way to play a mystic. Everyone has their own little bag of tricks. I've known sage mystics to spam rapid growth for no other reason than to increase their healing power/speed of aoe heal. Not exactly what I'd use rapid for but hey.. if it works go with it.

But yea when they get their endgame gear AND people get accustom to playing and fighting a SB we all shall see.
  • koryn7
    koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's been tested and sublime doesn't absorb the healing effect. But personally I think that is MORE than fair considering the CD of their skill

@caius775

Well what were the conditions. Discharge seems to be a cousin of magical shackle which means its dmg can be boosted by debuffs and mag atk increase aka 1,2,or 3sparking. Also it deals metal dmg so I dont think it would hit that hard on = gear arcane players unless their mag def were debuffed to the crapper.b:chuckle

Can discharge be blocked with evil ward/faith genie skills? Also if a mystic does die from it...we can just rez ourselves and go for round two... Though of course it's better to not die in the first place haha.